IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Neal H said:

I'm curious what say Parliament has on the final outcome. I know that Parliament gets a vote on the final deal agreed, but if they vote it down does that mean we automatically "crash" out or can they veto that as well leaving us in limbo?

The rules are clear. Once Article 50 is invoked we have two years to come to a deal or we just leave with no deal.

You raise a good point that REMAIN are ignoring which is Parliament can say "we don't like the deal" and reject it but on the deadline day we just leave with no deal. End of.  Unless the EU agrees to a date extension to Article 50.  Not what you would think is the case from the noise from that muppet Cable et al.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

He's probably having a poetic rhapsody or whatever it was.

He needs to go. He looks like Grandad, just needs the dribble of gravy from Sunday lunch down his tie... We never left Grandad in charge of the remote, let alone an insignificant and irrelevant minor political jelly party.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 hours ago, LotuStuart said:

What happened in 1975? 

• Oil went over $13.00 per barrel
  • Margaret Thatcher became the leader of the opposition for the Conservative party in the UK. 
  • Vietnam's bloodiest battles raged
  • The Vietnam War ends
  • Sony introduces Betamax videotapes and Matsushita / JVC introduce VHS
  • First blockbuster movie, Jaws, was released
  • Franco died
  • UK inflation rate was 24%
  • I had my 8th birthday.

Quite an eventful year really Stuart.

You no very well what people are saying but keeping with the pedantry it sounds like you'd be happy to the same referendum every year as the result should not be respected. However I guess that if you get the vote result you want you'll be pretty miffed when the losing team works so hard to overturn it and, oh yes, have another referendum. Great. Super. Can't wait. Fill yer boots.

The point is we were told this was a generational one off vote. A generation is generally regarded and accepted as being a period of around 30 years. So since 1975 that's 43 years so maybe it was about time for a review as a lot of the people who took us in to the Common Market are dead and gone and we have almost 2 new full sets of voters who have arrived on the scene since then as you have to be 18 to vote.

Hopefully this helps to present a reasonable view on why we should not have another vote. However as a large number of Remainers are anything but reasonable ( more like a crying Lilly Allan twittering call 999 as I've been robbedat the awards last night) I expect we'll be forced into another referendum early in 2019.

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

It's the game show choice: Take the money or open the box 

We're opening the box and it's half full of horse apples. Not even full.

And we're sticking with the decision. 

A nice analogy...but I think people seem to forget, and need to look back to 23/06/16 

We'd faired badly in the game show, answered all of our questions wrong, and failed to bank any money.

So it's a no brainer...go home with nothing, or open the box...

23 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

No we're just playing by the rules of the game show, others are trying to join a different game show.

The vote was clear. Stay or Leave.

There was no well maybe but it depends on the deal, the strength of the wind or the number of buttercups in the meadow option.

It was made clear  THIS was the vote. Shit or get off the pot. Over 50% of the voters decided to shit so the vote was cast.  Has it left a bad smell. Hell yes. But you can't exactly push the shit back up where it came from so you just need to get on with a strategy and actions to deal with the shit and the odour. The politicians failed at that. Largely because a huge crowd of Losers surrounded them and all said don't you push that shit over here. So. Everyone all sat round looking at the shit pile. The pile got bigger. The stench has become overwhelming. But still we just have a stand off and the shit pile grows. It festers. The stench overcomes. But still the losers refuse to accept we have a shit problem and we enter into Groundhog day 400 and something and the smart arse comments from the losers keep coming that means the issue of the pile of shit just grows, whilst everything around it starts dying due to the lack of action to address the pile of shit. The Losers then point out to the winners and say see. What a pile of shit. Groundhog day 401 and something begins.

If the Losers had accepted the result, rather than crying like the spolit brats Lilly Allan and Ronaldo ALL of our positive and constructive energy and creatism would have gone into a great deal. But no. The Losers insist we need to wipe their tears and listen their greetin' and so the shit pile grows more. Groundhog day 402 and something starts and..    

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

Ahh - the meaning of V8 ownership fully explained 👍

Only here once

13 minutes ago, LotuStuart said:

Losers....brats....smart arses..,

steady on old chap!

Lol. As a Brexit voter I have been called stupid, thick, racist, xenophobic, fascist, bastard, twat, etc.

I think in that context I was being gentle and restrained 😂🤣

However with Losers I was also being factually correct :sofa:

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Ahh - the meaning of V8 ownership fully explained 👍

Don't f'in mention V8's - may not be making the party at the moment - seriously unhappy.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Lol. As a Brexit voter I have been called stupid, thick, racist, xenophobic, fascist, bastard, twat, etc.

Me too - the Facebook, etc.. comments after the vote from the remainers was dire and offensive. I always hoped that should we have voted to remain the vast majority of people voting Leave would have taken the view 'Well we had our chance and the country as a whole wanted to stay - lets get on with life' - hey, that's democracy after all. That was definitely my view point anyway. Perhaps I am unusual but I looked at the longer term rather than the immediate 'what's in it for me, now!' view the social media generation seem to have.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve V8 said:

Except to say that they've been told the sky is falling, so falling it must be.

They've also been told the earth is flat and the moon is a clump of Brie and if we leave no more moon for us.

And the older generation tge social media generation are so disdainful of are the ones who are funding their lives and will be leaving them their wealth. But I'm sure they will stay on tgeir self righteous and entitled horses and refuse the inheritence of that unfairly gotten and worked for wealth.

Aye right. We're back to that pile of shit again....

The small print.

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@C8RKH bigot

For a moment there I thought you were now accusing me of having two wives, thank god for google!  Bloody 'ell I thought, having one wife and three mistresses is tiring enough.....

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, march said:

Don't f'in mention V8's - may not be making the party at the moment - seriously unhappy.

Has this whole brexit uncertainty screwed the ECU signals ??

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Aye right. We're back to that pile of shit again....

What’s wrong with the V8?

• Haha 1

Only here once

First time I’ve agreed with a Farage comment when he says “the EU gangsters will always come back for more”

Athough I did vote “remain” I really wish Teresa May would be firmer with the EU. Yesterday was a great chance to say “no deal Brexit it is then, thanks for letting us keep the £39b”

What the “remoaners” don’t realise is that, If there was a 2nd referendum, many who originally voted “remain” would now vote “out” (me included) due to how the EU have handled the situation (i.e. no negotiation, merely stonewalling in their very blatant attempt to punish the UK so that no other nation dare try to leave in the future)

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Look like Theresa has given up with the EU with today's speech.

What an opportunity 

FTFY 👍

• Like 1

Only here once