Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 5 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

15th and same place good for me too.  I am seeing Pete on Saturday so will give him the heads up 😀.

I now have a poorly Evora, it is running rough and I only noticed on the way home, but have noticed it before but its doing it more now.  Did anyone notice it sounding funny when I arrived or left last week?   All being well I will bring the Esprit!

14 hours ago, Nelly said:

I now have a poorly Evora, it is running rough and I only noticed on the way home, but have noticed it before but its doing it more now.  Did anyone notice it sounding funny when I arrived or left last week?   All being well I will bring the Esprit!

It sounded fine when you fired it up when we were leaving and when I was behind you for a bit all was well.  If it hasn't been used much recently, could the fuel be a bit stale?  That often doesn't become an issue until the warm-up phase has passed and you start to push the revs a bit.

Thanks @KennyN, fuel is only a matter of weeks old, filled the car up in May,

I noticed a problem on a post lockdown run but it seemed to sort itself out and assumed it was where it had been sat, so didn't pay it much thought until last week.

The car goes in for a service next week thankfully, so good timing in one way and it has now got the engine light on so assume there will be an error code to check.  Its doing it on start up tickover, so affecting whatever temperature the car is at.

Sorry to hear that Neil, I didn't notice anything unusual when you started up and left, however wasn't paying particular attention.  Hopefully the code will lead to a fix that's simple and cheap. I hope the esprit master cylinder replacements going Ok it would be great to see that out.

Having consulted my busy schedule I may just be able to squeeze it in, hopefully the Elise will be in one piece, just changed the lwr engine stay (bit of a fuck up from ordering bits on ebay at 3 in the morning-compounded by my decision to do things the hard/stupid way actually turned out ok as I'd rather be in the garage welding than watching TV anyway) all fitted now only to then notice the disintegrating OE gear cable bush, hunted high and low in the garage for another bit of material to make one to match the other one I had made before but had nothing so I'll now have to wait another week or so for the post.  Probably my over enthusiastic gear changes.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Wednesday August 19 at the Goat between Romsey and Stockbridge. See you there.

Bring your own beer JIC.

Is that the one with no parking...

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Late to the party I know , just found this thread... I’m Basingstoke based and up for a Social distance meet-up.. my neighbours just bought a caterham 620R (GIT!) can be come too? We could sit him in the corner 😜

look forward to meeting up.