Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 11 - UK - Hampshire - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

Had a look at the nanchang site,they do look like proper tyres to me, apparently been going 60yrs. Looks like a Taiwanese, Yokohama.  I like the info on pressure and camber settings. 

On the subject of lights, probably worth checking condition of reflectors and alignment against a wall or similar. Mine were a nightmare when I got the car (one wobbled). New 2nd hand units and proper alignment and I find them fine now, biggest issue I find is that you're usually below the headlight height of other cars.  

You could always just shut your eyes 👀  I think most drivers seem to drive without looking these days (better make it clear thats a joke, don't want to get sued again)

Just curious to know, on the S2 elise you have plastic on the headlights is this a unit/assembly or do the lens covers come off? 

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/classic-car-tyres/lotus/esprit.html

I guess you've probably come across Longstone tyres, if not have a look at the link above. Probably not the cheapest but they do know there tyres when it comes to classics.

19 hours ago, ADF said:

Just curious to know, on the S2 elise you have plastic on the headlights is this a unit/assembly or do the lens covers come off? 

Lens is separate - so I can just swap the bulbs out.  There are some HID conversion kits out there as well, which again don't impact the lens covers.

On 17/12/2020 at 15:35, Techyd said:

Lens is separate - so I can just swap the bulbs out.  There are some HID conversion kits out there as well, which again don't impact the lens covers.

That sounds like a good bit design/thinking. Let us know how you get on.

Home brew cider, nice 👌. Had a go once, undrinkable but the best paint stripper known to man, a friend had greater success.

Can I have your Elite if you go blind 😆

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year!  I hope that everyone had an enjoyable festive break.

Unfortunately, it's looking like we will need to push back our February plans for our delayed Christmas / Dean's birthday bash.   We'll be having turkey in July at this rate! :( 

In the meantime, stay safe and we will get back to a pub eventually.

• Like 2

Thanks Kenny! it was much quieter than usual but we enjoyed it nonetheless 🙂

One of my brothers bought me a Lotus Gillet which has now been worn more times that I've been out in the Elise since at least October!

• Like 2

Afternoon Chaps, sorry not to respond sooner, I was hoping for better news on the lock-down front, but clearly we are stuck indoors for a few months yet!

Just had an interesting email from Snows Lotus (Hedge End), w.e.f tomorrow, they will no longer be Lotus dealers!!

Shame from my point of view, as it was so easy to have the car serviced etc!, now looks like a trip to either Bell and Colvill or Hendy Lotus in Poole!

I have been up to B&C before, but was wondering if anyone had any contact with Lotus in Poole, is this a new dealership/franchise?

Looking forward to our next meet up and seeing you all again, which unfortunately does look like it will be sometime away yet.

Warmest regards to you all.

@Simon GoodingI think I read something about Hendy opening a Lotus dealership in Eastleigh, it may already be open? I'm not sure if it's just a few cars in their "performance showroom", or a proper full dealership with servicing facilities.

B&C's new service centre at Guildford is a bit handier than their original site and a lot more modern.  I got the grand tour when I was having the Exige serviced in August, it's a nice setup with specific areas for Lotus, McLaren, Morgan and Subaru. The Service Manager mentioned that they'd acquired the unit behind too and it would be getting developed at some point.  Whether that's going to be a new showroom, or more service bays remains to be seen, but they seemed really busy on the servicing side of things...unsurprisingly, there were many McLarens in many pieces 😆

Stay safe and we'll get back to a pub meet eventually!

• Like 1

Hendy Lotus in Poole used to be Westover Lotus didn't it??

Shame about Snows, but B&C are very good though, I used them once for my Evora and was very pleased with the service.

Thanks Guys.

I have swapped a couple of messages with Michael from Snows and he has mentioned Hendy's in Eastleigh as well. He seemed to think that they have, or will have, a service center for Lotus @ Eastleigh. Would be useful to get some first hand Intel from Paul after he's been out for his Covid walk!!

regards to you all, and stay safe.

• Like 1

We walked around to Hendys Eastleigh yesterday and there are no signs for a Lotus dealership yet.

The performance center is around the back and only had the usual suspects on view, Mustangs, AMG, Cooper etc..