Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
"Lotus Evora Definitive and Correct Buyers Guide" - The Discussion Topic - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

"Lotus Evora Definitive and Correct Buyers Guide" - The Discussion Topic

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think Jimbo is the 'go to guy' and as even he knows, what the Lotus docs say are more of a catch up of what they have done so far than a definitive dateline for all builds. All builds seem to have their quirks dependent on parts stock and usage on the day they built any particular car. A good guide but not as definitive as we might think.

Edit: retrospectively the Lotus archive will give exactly what your build consists of with a date.

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

I think Jimbo is the 'go to guy' and as even he knows, what the Lotus docs say are more of a catch up of what they have done so far than a definitive dateline for all builds. All builds seem to have their quirks dependent on parts stock and usage on the day they built any particular car. A good guide but not as definitive as we might think.

Edit: retrospectively the Lotus archive will give exactly what your build consists of with a date.

Not what was inferred by this comment:

"All production planned changes were done in an accurate and efficient manner"

Just confirms to me that there is some ambiguity around and having a definitive view, as Bibs suggests would be a great bonus and resource for the future.

I can't ever see a future day in my life when I will not have an Evora in my ownership. I've gotten over my "wobble" of there being no dealer within 300 miles who can service my car and when it came to it I just could not buy a Porsche 911, though the GTS I test drove I have to say was very nice, it was a tad sterile. The drive home in the 410 just reconfirmed my head and heart were in sync and making the right decision.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

2 hours ago, Bruss said:

I've sent Andy and email asking for the factory timings :thumbup:

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Even the latest GT430's had "different" diffusers I believe so I do agree @Bruss there is an element of using up what they have. Not trying to be argumentative here (for once!)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Updated the guide for the Evora 410 Sport and a couple of known problem areas.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

great idea, but - as said before - details will be difficult....for example: the first models of MY 12 were build in 2011, they (at least the one advertised insouthern Germeny) had floor mats with a circular Ltus sign, my MY 12 delivered July 2012 after the shutdown in spring had floormats wita an "Evora" script.

The circular sign on the floormats must be the shortest lived change of all. The gear knob in your pic is something I have never seen, maybe even unique?

Initial project eagle session drafted.

• Like 1

Great work! Just a small correction: Project Eagle would be the first Lotus mid-engined 2+2 sports car. Back in the 1970s, Maserati had the Merak, Lamborghini had the Uracco and Ferrari had the 308GT4 and the Mondial from the early 1980s to the early 1990s. Therefore please add Lotus just for clarity.

16 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

great idea, but - as said before - details will be difficult....for example: the first models of MY 12 were build in 2011, they (at least the one advertised insouthern Germeny) had floor mats with a circular Ltus sign, my MY 12 delivered July 2012 after the shutdown in spring had floormats wita an "Evora" script......the MY 12 first had metal plates within the leather covered door sills then they disappeaed.... 2013 or 2014 I think......

in this context:.....look at the shifter.....(?) ...... @jaws ? 😉

Lotus-Evora-S-Lenkrad-Cockpit-169FullWidth-885314e7-539477.jpg

Hello Willi, I was wondering if the gearknob would be mentioned. Thought Bravo73 would have. That part never made it past that press/pre-production car and never became production intent early on in the programme. It was a Mansory item, as were the sill scuff plates and floor mats with the roundel on. Need I say more?

A model year change happens during the summer period of the "previous year" so for example, MY12 cars started in production August 2011.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Even the latest GT430's had "different" diffusers I believe so I do agree @Bruss there is an element of using up what they have. Not trying to be argumentative here (for once!)

Some GT430’s have the carbon quarter panel others have glass 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

35 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Hello Willi, I was wondering if the gearknob would be mentioned. Thought Bravo73 would have. That part never made it past that press/pre-production car and never became production intent early on in the programme. It was a Mansory item, as were the sill scuff plates and floor mats with the roundel on. Need I say more?

A model year change happens during the summer period of the "previous year" so for example, MY12 cars started in production August 2011.

Dear Jimbo, many thanks - as ever - for the enlightning info ! Never heard that the sill plates were also delivered by M, I think I heard the story that "a british manufacturer went insolvent..." but there is always "light" at the end of the part mystery tunnel ;-)........

• 5 months later...

Added paragraphs on metal oil lines, condenser/compressor damage due to gravel impacts, skipping tyres while steering and steering-wheel click (all of which I have had, along with clutch- and brake-pedal sensor faults, plus an ECU that went mental 🙂 ).

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I believe it was agreed that the oil lines were updated on later engines, I think the problem is that we have no way of confirming when that was... It's not mentioned on your update but might be good if we have a way to find this out.

Maybe a survey of owners?

It is probably buried in MY release/service notes if someone has access to them.

• Gold FFM

Model year changes up to and including MY2012 added.

Source : Evora Service Notes January 2014 updated version

Don't shoot the messenger! 😂

Edited by JimH
  • Like 2

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

Common parts section started....

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

@JimH "Model year changes up to and including MY2012 added."

Great you have added this, I have added some more detailed info on the seat colors / 4 packs available (wonder if there was a car with a ash grey leather int. ever.......)