Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus cars 6th May - Elise Racing Heritage Editions - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus cars 6th May - Elise Racing Heritage Editions

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

All the interiors look absolutely fantastic........the seats are very Esprit S2 in their design! I don’t think the external images are particularly good representations of what the actual colours will look like though in reality you only need to look at the Essex blue paintwork (attached) inside and out to see that. I really do hope the stripes are painted in and out and not decals, but cost common sense tells me they’ll be decals. To better represent the colours they’d have been better using the black backgrounds and calm the reflecting of the paintwork, as per the Lotus configurator. Lotus do still seem to slip up on the obvious stuff too many times. But I love this new collection......can’t help thinking there should have been a 25 Green and Yollow variant in there too though👍

BAF47C7F-3B84-4EA4-8542-3B3098FF0E78.jpeg

According to the pricing £2200.00 for special (exterior) limited edition livery scheme  surely this is for paint?

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Hate to say it, but underwhelmed was the exact word I was thinking of..so no its not just you.

I read a comment on another site about typical Lotus, special edition of existing old cars and I had to agree.

Its a weird one, dynamically and as a drivers car it still very much cuts the mustard.

I have to agree with you.

We all know that the current line up is on its way out. I think they've produced great designs for the Elise to be finished on. Lotus should be proud to display its racing heritage - and the Gold Leaf, JPS and Essex are some iconic liveries that are particularly associated with the Brand.

If I only wanted a 2-seater, I'd certainly be buying one of these. 

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, pete said:

Is it me or are they a bit under whelming

Definitely you, as far as I’m concerned externally and internally Lotus have made this limited special edition very desirable 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

A little more clarity on the pricing...

A view  on the value proposition is a standard Elise Sport 220 is £39900 - they will almost always have A/C, stereo, interior colour pack, cloth seats with no insulation or carpets, sometimes stitching to match exterior - so typically, Elise Sport 220 would retail at £44000. For another £2250, the LE offers forged alloys, 2 piece brakes, bespoke paint, stitching, livery, paint, Alcantara, Alcantara wheel, stereo, insulation, carpets, 4 speakers, A/C - should retail at £51635, sells for £46250. Good deal, and they are limited too. :thumbup:

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Arregueti said:

It seems that the price quoted originally does not include VAT. 🙁

The UK price definitely includes VAT

Darryl & Sue

5 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

The UK price definitely includes VAT

Probably. I was referring to euro prices. That explains why eur ans gbp prices were so close. It is around 58 k euros once you add vat.

Ex 250 Cup owner here and as you probably know they are just amazing. The Elise as been the bread and butter for the company and with out it I am sure the brand would be resigned to the history books. Over the years the company have refined it to car we have today no matter which model, its the time to get into one. Sure the next generation is going to be ground breaking in many ways and superd because that’s the only way the company works. But for me the last models of this generation, build quality, looks, performance as to be a great place to put your money.

5AD530DC-F9BD-42FE-A830-B2A8E06BF071.jpeg

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Ex 250 Cup owner here and as you probably know they are just amazing. The Elise as been the bread and butter for the company and with out it I am sure the brand would be resigned to the history books. Over the years the company have refined it to car we have today no matter which model, its the time to get into one. Sure the next generation is going to be ground breaking in many ways and superd because that’s the only way the company works. But for me the last models of this generation, build quality, looks, performance as to be a great place to put your money.

5AD530DC-F9BD-42FE-A830-B2A8E06BF071.jpeg

That’s a sublime colour 😎😎😎

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing these in the flesh. Interiors, a particularly important feature for me in any car, appear most appealing. 

The exterior location of the large stripe is bold and not a design I recall seeing before on a road car...I bet it will be spot-on in reality as Lotus graphics rarely fail. 

Interesting chat about Elise 250, a car that has rather by-passed my attention. I best drive one.

Justin 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...