Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 4 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

owwww, come on now - it would not be Formula 1 without a bit of controversy over kit and tech regs. Even our own best pal Mr. Chapman used to be at it every season!

I men, if Ferrari did nothing wrong last year why are they blocking the FIA from releasing their report into fuel and fuelling?  Red Bull? Come on Mr Horner is a wily old bugger too and they've made some juicy borderline tech over the years. It's mind games and keeps things spiced up for the press, that's all. It's as old as the sport itself is it not?

Not saying it is right. Or fair. But F1 like warfare has always been as much about who has the best tech as it is about having the best leaders/drivers.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So red bull have got Hamilton a 3 place grid penalty. May make it more interesting

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Here’s to hoping it’s going to be a decent race, although I’m usually thinking that and end up rather disappointed. It’s looking like it’ll be a Mercedes stroll in the park, but we can at least see some racing at last.

Well, that was boring NOT!

Well done McLaren, great result.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Well that can be repeated next week 👍😁

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yet again Mercedes strategists make themselves look inept.

First safety car: both cars miles ahead, get them in, or at least Hamilton who’s going to finish no worse than second with fresh tyres. 

Hamilton’s 5 second penalty: even my 14 year old son and I immediately screamed at the TV to let him pass Bottas, who could then hold up the other cars to maintain the 1-2, with Bottas taking the win. It’s schoolboy stuff.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mercedes 1 second quicker than the rest. Perez who had tested positive for covid19 had been back to Mexico to see his mother whom had been discharged from hospital

And I suppose he told Verstappen to go in for tyres because he knew he was going to get a puncture on the last lap

What? Get real, but a comment like the luckiest driver ever, you could say he is the most unluckiest driver ever ending in the gravel in China in 2007 when the team told him to stop out and ended up with a punture, that would have made him champion in is rookie year. Not so lucky that year?

Dullest race ever until the final couple of laps!

christian Horner said that they were also in tyre trouble so needed to bring Max in anyway for a precautionary change as there was no guarantee he would have made it to the end either.

At least it shows the Mercedes drivers were pushing hard until the end rather than just cruising to a team one two. It would have been easy for them to make the call to back off to save the tyres - credit to them for allowing the drivers to just race.

• Like 1

Didn’t Mercedes have enough time in the bag to bring Hamilton in for a precautionary tyre change, the moment Verstappen came in for his fastest lap tyre change? Who knows Hamilton might have got fastest lap also. Again my 14 year-old son out strategised the Mercedes strategists.

No. Prior to Verstappen pitting on 2nd last lap the gap was 10/11 seconds.

So bring him in at the start of the last lap? Yes, they would have had time but I assume they thought as Lewis had backed right off the problem would have been mitigated.

Horner said they took the opportunity to be cautious as Max was guaranteed 2nd and the extra point.

I guess it shows the two Mercedes were pushing each other hard.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.perez-extremely-sad-as-he-reveals-positive-covid-19-test-followed-visit-to.HA8tKdcBovOHZp3TGPoi4.html

I do not understand why the Sky coverage (and perhaps C4 also) was so sympathetic to Perez. As I understand it, he has broken the law by not self-isolating for 14 days having been to Mexico. Foreign Office rules are clear to see on the .Gov.uk website regarding travelling from Mexico.

How the FIA, F1 and Racing Point can have allowed Perez to even be around the paddock is bizarre. 

His comments on the attached link suggest a man out of touch with the realities of the world, seemingly above everyone else. 

A shame, I was fond of Perez as a character in F1, how he has hung in after a battering at McLaren but I have no time for him now.

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

Good 1 - 2 for Hamilton and Verstappen. Clearly the best two drivers on the grid, as the championship table shows. Bottas just not good enough to be a Number 1 driver.

Apparently Vettel was driver of the day in the public poll. WTF! He trundled around in the middle of the pack all race and only finished a rubbish 7th because he didn’t make a second pit stop like the others. That’s the old Force India and Haas tactics. Embarrassing.

Ferrari have already dumped Vettel in their heads anyway. That was obvious from the radio messages on Sunday. A shame to see it end this way.