Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 93 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Most exciting part was after the race had finished between Tsunoda and Riccardo

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

BUT - Max 22 seconds ahead of his team mate? Now that’s worrying with Perez in the same car

I looked at Bottas v Hamilton when Mercedes where dominant in 2021:

Hamilton  v  Bottas

+37.4

DNF

+33.5

+26.6

DNF

+7.1

+11.7

+11.2

+30

+11.1

DNF

+19.3

+36.4

DNF

+67.5

+41.4

+78.5

+2 laps

+13.6

DNF

+27.5

+5.4

I don't think many would say Bottas did a bad job as a #2, and I think Perez will be the same. His job after all is to come 2nd to Max to allow Max to cruise the WDC and RedBull to cruise to the WTC.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I looked at Bottas v Hamilton when Mercedes where dominant in 2021:

Hamilton  v  Bottas

+37.4

DNF

+33.5

+26.6

DNF

+7.1

+11.7

+11.2

+30

+11.1

DNF

+19.3

+36.4

DNF

+67.5

+41.4

+78.5

+2 laps

+13.6

DNF

+27.5

+5.4

I don't think many would say Bottas did a bad job as a #2, and I think Perez will be the same. His job after all is to come 2nd to Max to allow Max to cruise the WDC and RedBull to cruise to the WTC.

Yes, but you’ve missed my point a little. And that is that Red Bull is a *ruthless operation, and I’ll bet questions are already being asked about that differential. He got second place, but he didn’t have it gifted on a plate, all the while Max looking like he was out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon drive.

*It’s also possible that Horner may yet become a victim of it.

Margate Exotics.

Looks as if Jos wants to take over, he denied being the leaker. Did download some pages of the supposed sordid texts, .Was not very exciting at all.

Last year the Verstappens backed Austrian Marko after he had a falling-out with Horner.

56 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Yes, but you’ve missed my point a little. And that is that Red Bull is a *ruthless operation,

Nope, didn't miss your point. Just pointing out that Perez is in a situation that is no better or worse than Bottas was.

If Perez continues to finish second then the "margin" won't matter as no matter how ruthless Red Bull may appear, they do not want anyone directly challenging Max, just my opinion of course.

It's a shame, as I think that if Max did have a genuine contender team mate, I'm not sure that he would handle it that well to be honest, and it would be interesting to see how he would respond.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Jos verstappen has been seen in talks with toto Wolfe 

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Jos verstappen

Not a nice man by all accounts. Don't know him personally though.

The small print.

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father, Frans, were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[34]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife, Sophie Kumpen.[35] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[36]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[37] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[38] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[39] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[40] They divorced on 2 June 2017.[41]

Racing record

References

External

• Sad 1

On 29/02/2024 at 20:28, Rambo said:

I bet he's ex Red Bull by the end of the year.

I was being optimistic then. Now I am super optimistic. Call that April at the latest.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Nope, didn't miss your point. Just pointing out that Perez is in a situation that is no better or worse than Bottas was.

If Perez continues to finish second then the "margin" won't matter as no matter how ruthless Red Bull may appear, they do not want anyone directly challenging Max, just my opinion of course.

It's a shame, as I think that if Max did have a genuine contender team mate, I'm not sure that he would handle it that well to be honest, and it would be interesting to see how he would respond.

It's absolutely a shame, because it robs us viewers of close racing. Maybe that's why Perez is still there - because Max doesn't want any challengers to the crown!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Perhaps they should make the cars smaller to make it more competitive.

Rb1 v rb20

Screenshot_20240304-123957.png.ab4d578d30563504b514a885fcb0e3c7.png

Yes as far as I know

And now the fia president is being investigated over the altering of alonso penalty at last                      Ben Sulayem investigated for alleged race interference - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

They actually resigned before the start of the season but stayed onboard for the first event and to make the transition a little less painful. There are a lot of good F1 personal up for grabs  for teams that need to add to their staff.

@Kimbers to answer your question the two versions of the same black car are to please BWT the pink one and to remind the french people that the team is indeed a french one racing in the national color. Not that I think they are racing right now they are pretty much going round and round in circles at the back of the pack which is a shame considering Alpine is a full blown works team.

I understand that the engine spec is frozen and will be keeping them toward the back of the pack till the change of spec in 20226, but I don't quite understand how their chassis team got that bad, except for the fact that their upper management until last year was a revolving doors due to a ridiculous and completely unrealistic 100 races plan.

On 03/03/2024 at 22:51, pete said:

After a 1998 incident at a karting track in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father, Frans, were found guilty in court of assault but were each given a five-year suspended jail sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[34]

In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife, Sophie Kumpen.[35] He was found not guilty of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[36]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[37] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[38] but released two weeks later after the charge was withdrawn.[39] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend, Kelly van der Waal, got back together and were married in 2014. They have one daughter, Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[40] They divorced on 2 June 2017.[41]

Racing record

References

External

I know someone who knows Jos Verstappen. Called him a backstabbing, violent, wife beating, horrible person. of course that's one persons opinion. :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

You could never accuse Alonso of being a shrinking violet 🤣

Alonso, whose contract with Aston Martin expires at the end of the current season, is openly contemplating his next move, acknowledging his position on the radar of both Mercedes and Red Bull Racing.

The small print.

Even if Horner does get the order of the boot, I can’t see him sitting around idle for too long. Once a suitable amount of time had passed for everyone to forget his peccadillos, or to focus on the next big F1 scandal or revelation, he’ll be snapped up.

Margate Exotics.

I don't know what motivates Horner but I'd imagine he'd be a brilliant leader of a new racing team outside of F1. A ProDrive equivalent. 

He's a superb operator though not someone I warm too.

Justin