Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 95 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

On cue, looks like Jos has been handled:

Jos Verstappen backed into a corner

Jos accepted there had been a power struggle admitting, “That’s part of it, but it is also necessary that there is peace in the team now. It’s necessary to get some calm again, but given the circumstances, it will take a while, I think.”

Max’s dad further elaborated, “I can’t say much about it. Hopefully they can concentrate on racing again soon, because that’s what it’s all about. And it’s important that Max continues to win.”

Jos was forced to back track on his comments about the team being ‘torn apart’ and admitted, “The car is running very well and between the engineers and him there is nothing wrong. For the most part, Max can switch off, but he gets a lot of questions about it.” 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think we've all seen this trait of his on the F1 tracks:

He also highlighted Max’s demeanor on the track, characterized by a lack of sportsmanship and a willingness to harm his rivals. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Oh no - not again the Max show is on again this weekend. At least I won't have to bother with getting up in the middle of the night this year.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Well done to Carlos. Superb drive and Ferrari must surely be questioning why they chose LeClerc over him.

Sainz has always been rock solid, and battles well under pressure whereas LeClerc, like Russell, always comes across as delicate and flakey.

I hope Sainz gets a great seat for 2025. One of the best drivers on the circuit.

Utterly well said.

• Thanks 1

Not as bad as many others I have seen. Not surprised he was not happy.

I didn't really notice any difference in Alonso's driving. George Russell should try driving behind some of our local jockeys, then he'd have something to moan about.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Well done to Carlos. Superb drive and Ferrari must surely be questioning why they chose LeClerc over him.

Sainz has always been rock solid, and battles well under pressure whereas LeClerc, like Russell, always comes across as delicate and flakey.

I hope Sainz gets a great seat for 2025. One of the best drivers on the circuit.

I think Ferrari are getting rid of the wrong bloke.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I very much agree with you @Chillidoggy

• Like 1

Doesn't make the Hamilton deal look very good Business 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Mmmm....driver performs well after being sacked and looking for a new seat. That's never been seen before in F1 🤔

Justin 

• Confused 1

The Spaniards have got previous with Hamilton, ever since he finished ahead of team mate Alonso in his maiden season (2007). Remember the monkey chants thing that followed in early 2008 Barcelona testing?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-512165/Spains-Grand-Prix-status-risk-outcry-racial-abuse-Lewis-Hamilton.html

• 2 weeks later...

Italian press seem to think Sainz has signed a 2 year deal with Mercedes 

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

If thats true ... I'm glad he's got a seat for next year and we'll see him on the grid again!   but also I'm just not sure Merc understand this era of regulations and have the expertise to build a good car that challenge for wins and podiums.    I see him working his butt off for P5-P10's and I think he deserves a better car than that.

• 3 weeks later...

Newey: full respect to him, incredible man and so sad Williams didn't offer him equity all those years ago - how different that story would have been.  

However, reading and watching the coverage lately, it's seems Newey is the greatest Grand Prix designer ever. 

Newey has been at it for 30+ years and won 13 driver titles/12 constructors as a designer. 

Colin Chapman was active in F1 for circa 20 years as a designer, team principal and team owner. He won 13 titles in an era when reliability made serial winning very tricky. 

Chapman is surely the greatest ever in F1. He may or may not be the most successful in any one discipline but in terms of overall input to multiple high pressure tasks, no-one can touch him. 

Justin 

• Like 2

Even though I have Sky and my eldest son still watches every qualifying session and every race, I haven’t had any desire to do likewise. So five and a half races into the calendar and I still haven’t watched any F1 this season and the Championship is already a forgone conclusion. That lack of interest is coming from a lifelong fan.

• Like 1