Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 52 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

I see Horner won an charity auction for a visit round the Merc factory. 

https://racingnews365.com/horner-secures-mercedes-factory-tour-in-charity-auction

If this is true then Verstappen needs to stop whining he never gets backing or luck. Horner needs to stfu and people need to realise Hamilton was robbed.

IF it is true....

( Apols phone not letting me link to BBC website for latest on Massi radio messages).

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Aston Martin F1 2022 contender... No they did not present a showcar but the real thing and it does look good

aston-martin-amr22-1.webp

It looks like an F1, very distinctive nose from the show car, lots of flat and sharp surfaces

No more pink replaced by yellow pinstripe... Another seriously funded effort with Aramco now a strategic sponsor.

• Like 2

Horner’s Mercedes tour scuppered by ‘small print’

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christian-horner-mercedes-tour-scuppered/?fbclid=IwAR2pYMI2aW17c4HqbUcU36NTIzUHSEzIrKTlEs88BdyUTKTwGmvdi0Fm1gA

It is being reported terms and conditions for the Mercedes tour state “employees of other Formula 1 teams are not eligible to take this tour”.

• Like 1

The McLaren goes for most "colorful" car of the season so far with an interesting and dynamic grey, orange and blue color combination.

Can't say much about the car except that side pods appear to be much less bulky than those on the Aston Martin which is interesting considering they are craddling the same engine... Once again this is mostly a livery exercise so we'll see the real car in Bahrein. By the look of things McLaren is still sponsor hunting with an engine cover mostly free of any markings as of now.

McLaren unveils MCL36 2022 F1 car with updated livery

F1 Commission met Today,

The FIA will make “structural changes” to Formula 1 after the controversial events of the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, with the findings set to be presented to the public “in the coming days”.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/996455/1/f1-make-structural-changes-after-abu-dhabi-title-finale-debacle?fbclid=IwAR266Eno1Yq-XfXSqATd3osAFM4HHEC4rcUAiKn30yRUsM8hR0Yi2fj74bM

and a Rich Energy CEO is said... this evening. In Daily Express

Rich Energy CEO William Storey claims that, having met with F1 engineers, the overwhelming feeling is that Verstappen should be stripped of the title and Masi should be fired. 

The FIA's findings are set to be presented today, 14 February, which could see the Australian axed. 

The above obviously won't happen but the hearing findings will be interesting to see.

14 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

F1 Commission met Today,

The FIA will make “structural changes” to Formula 1 after the controversial events of the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, with the findings set to be presented to the public “in the coming days”.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/996455/1/f1-make-structural-changes-after-abu-dhabi-title-finale-debacle?fbclid=IwAR266Eno1Yq-XfXSqATd3osAFM4HHEC4rcUAiKn30yRUsM8hR0Yi2fj74bM

and a Rich Energy CEO is said... this evening. In Daily Express

Rich Energy CEO William Storey claims that, having met with F1 engineers, the overwhelming feeling is that Verstappen should be stripped of the title and Masi should be fired. 

The FIA's findings are set to be presented today, 14 February, which could see the Australian axed. 

The above obviously won't happen but the hearing findings will be interesting to see.

I wouldn’t trust anything Storey says, he’s not exactly squeaky-clean himself.

Margate Exotics.

Neither Red Bull nor Verstappen did anything wrong so shouldn’t be penalised. Neither the crash nor safety car were contrived. Most seem to think that a red flag and restart would have been more fair because LH would have had new tyres too. If the whole thing hinges on LH’s tyres then it just adds to the point that Mercedes should accept part of the blame for what happened by keeping LH out on old tyres. They had several opportunities to bring him in. If they had MV would have stayed out and LH would have been the one with the tyre advantage on the last lap. Outrageous to blame everyone else for what happened and very unsportsmanlike to boycott the FIA prize giving, seek the removal of the race director and stripping MV of his title and not celebrate the incredible Constructors Championship which benefits many more into the team than an 8th Drivers title for LH.

Red Bull may not have broken the rules but Masi did. Problem is, he was too feeble minded to realise he was being manipulated into that situation. It doesn't take much to work out who is rather good at weasel-words.

Beat me to it @PaulCP

Edited by mg4lotus
  • Like 2

The Williams FW44 was unveiled today

dff1b921a79832650dd36d69564d88ab6ba2aad2

I prefer last year livery. But the car is quite pretty the setting for the unveil of the car makes it difficult to get a good view at some details but it appears to be a bit more conservative in design that the shrink wrapped McLaren

a77246627e3fbb96e893c906686ae3ec605360f5

Williams appear to have retained most of its sponsors,which is eased by the fact that most are either tied to Dorilton (Versa, Honibe) or Latifi (Sofina, Lavazza) They still managed to attract Duracell and retained Acronis. however when you are an f1 minnow it is not that easy to attract a whale of a sponsor. Hence the car's engine cover and sidepods are up for the taking.

9 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

I tend to agree with Verstappen not having done anything wrong... on that race. However the race director read and interpreted the F1 rules in a very new and creative way.... However the F1 rule in question has been one of the few, that did not need to be reinvented. under safety car as per the rule book every car that is not on lead lap gets to unlap itself before the race safety car period is over. In that instance Race director, under pressure from a certain team did only let a limited number of cars unlap themselves, creating in the process the circumstances to favour a driver, problem is F1 has rules and procedure and in the said instance they were not followed. So what good are the rules. many races before have ended under a safety car. relaunching a race for dash to the flag is not F1, it's NASCAR.

Actually, I'm actually surprised that we haven't heard much from the gambling world reaction. There was a lot of money hanging in the balance and the race director essentially fixed the race live and on air.

3 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

The rake of the front wing on 2022 cars seems to be more shallow than the 2021 cars.

The rear wing looks like it is of fixed construction..... no more DRS?

They still have DRS, many cars have been displayed in showcar configuration we'll see the real wings at the first test in a few days.

Edited by NedaSay

The FW44 in the pictures above is a showcar aimed at displaying the livery. the real car has shrinkwrapped sidepods with gaping intakes and a distinctive nose. It looks super aggressive.

Williams-actual-FW44-image-2-2022-planet

Williams-actual-fw44-2022-planetf1-1024x

Edited by NedaSay

Ferrari SF75 or F1-75

ferrari-f1-75-1.webp

That car looks extreme, I don't know if it is going to be good or bad but the treatment of the pointy nose and the excavated sidepods do make for a very interesting design. This unveiling season has not disappointed much in terms of diversity in the treatment of the new regulations by the teams. Everybody went their own way.

It appears Ferrari is still hasn't found a way to display the brand of the company they get most of their sponsorship money, hence a lot of bare black wing surface on the car. While Rayban, CEVA and Shell have to share sidepods.

And it clears the way for LH to race this year.

So ones to look out for this coming year, see how Horner and Wolff get on with these........

The new race directors will be Eduardo Freitas, who formerly performed the role in the World Endurance Championship, and Niels Wittich, who did so in the DTM German Touring Car Championship.

2 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

see how Horner and Wolff get on with these........

Don’t forget though:

”In addition, as part of a wider restructure of race control aimed at providing a calmer environment, direct radio communications between the teams and the race director will no longer be allowed.”