Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 62 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

I see Verstappen Senior is at it again. F1 has-been living out his fantasy (as he was never good enough himself) through his son. He doesn't seem to understand F1 is a team sport.

Max Verstappen's dad SLAMS Red Bull for favouring Sergio Perez with their strategy at the Monaco Grand Prix and takes aim at a car that is 'unsuitable for the reigning champion's driving style' 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Give it a rest Jos! 

In changeable conditions it's ultimately up to the driver to make the call when to come in for a change of tyres.  The team can give advice on if the tyre window is approaching but only the driver can feel the car and the grip and balance it has in those conditions and make the prediction if swapping tyres will be beneficial or not.

Sergio drove amazingly well and made a brave choice well before any of the top runners and in my opinion thats why he won and what well deserved win it was!

• Like 2

And in great news, Perez has extended his contract to 2024.  Finally, Perez gets the chance to really show us what he has in the tank and I can see him punching in some great results.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Williams fined $25,000 for a breach of Formula 1's cost cap regulation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61726721

Makes me wonder about Red Bulls comments...

Formula 1 teams will miss races unless budget cap raised - Red Bull's Christian Horner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61551759

Wow, what a qualifier by Perez - no tow and he beasts Verstappen.  Hmmm, Checco is really making life tough for Max.

Fingers firmly crossed for LeClerc tomorrow, especially after Monaco.

The small print.

Another poor day for the Brits. 5,7,11. Not encouraging for McLaren.

Top 4 clear of 5th by almost 1 second.

Still a chance of a brit on the podium. This is BAKU after all.

The small print.

Perhaps 1 of the top 4 would like to apply to be a British citizen before Sunday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Still a chance of a brit on the podium

I suppose a 1- 2 - 3 of Brits is also possible.

• Like 1

Cracking lap by Leclerc, he’s really on top of it, and Perez is on fire, too. George once again caning Hamster’s arse, he must be well pissed off with that. And what the hell happened to the McLaren boys, they’re nowhere to be seen. I felt sure they’d be further up the field than that.

I like this race though, it’s so much more interesting than the usual sand pits, and also cos you never know when Stroll is gonna bin it. Whoops, sorry, I meant you never know what’s gonna happen.

Margate Exotics.

What a start by Perez. Very cunning too as he came across and blocked Verstappen in behind LeClerc.  So happy for Perze as he has always been a decent guy, and a great racer, but now he has the equipment to show it. Great season so far to be honest.

• Like 1

The small print.

Rather than Forza Ferrari it's bloody "F@@K Ferrari" - they are their own worst enemies for sure. Gutted again for LeClerc. Is this the moment that Max is gifted the championship as Ferrari will be getting engine penalties for sure now.

• Like 1

The small print.

Normally Win on Sunday sell on Monday, or in Ferrari's case, engine fail Sunday, more warranty work on Monday?

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Still a chance of a brit on the podium. This is BAKU after all.

looks likely at the mo, thanks to the red cars.

• Like 1

Flawless drives by the Red Bull duo.

That said, it was the most boring Baku race I’ve ever seen. I feel cheated, I was bitterly disappointed I didn’t get to see the Bulls battling with the Ferraris for the win, and the thoughtless drivers didn’t even arrange a decent crash to bring a safety car out and liven things up. I felt sure Leclerc was on for a win, but there you go.

Margate Exotics.

Good news for Hamster fans, following yesterday’s performance getting out of his car (mirroring my own dire performance whilst getting out of the Esprit),  he’s had some back physio, and has confirmed he’ll be racing in Canada. 

Margate Exotics.

The Mercs looked really uncomfortable driving yesterday.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2022 at 11:47, ramjet said:

Maybe he does this so that no-one recognises him?

Most people probably think that most F1 drivers probably dress decently and don't look like a homeless person?

Ive been looking for a really large chammy leather........................

Lot of comments on the planetf1 story, some teams will be able to cope as their car is ok(RB..) but most of the others will likely have some issues. And with a budget cap won't have funds to fix before they can spend next years cash.

Still will be interesting to see the inter team comments/snipes/feedback from the team managers.

Did not realise this was the reason for a DNF.. 

Some teams are suffering worse than others with , but drivers from all teams are believed to have expressed their concerns on the issue.

Aston Martin's Lance Stroll was forced to retire from last weekend's race in Azerbaijan because of the severity of the problem, the first time this has happened to a driver this season.

Ferrari have now said they have found an old working turbo and may not take a penalty

hindsight: the science that is never wrong