Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 64 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

I don’t for one minute think it’s race-related, and it’s sad to see it appears to be the default position for Hamster fans when faced with constructive criticism from a well-respected F1 champion who is entitled to his views.

Margate Exotics.

I would not say it was constructive criticism at all and Stewart has never acknowledged Hamilton freely, only through gritted teeth 

There is an issue, don't know what it is, as I said could just be because he's english! Not saying Stewart is racist, just calling out he seems to have an issue with Hamilton 

If you can find some really positive quotes from him, re Hamilton, then I'd be very happy to hear them and would be happy to reconsider my opinion. 

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Actually, I haven't.

What I did do was ask a number of questions, but the key question I asked, was a very open one of "what is Stewarts problem with Hamilton". You could have answered that.

You have chosen one of the questions (not statements) I asked after and have decided I think he is racist. That's your problem and your interpretation, not mine, to be honest.

THe reason why I asked you to provide some positive comments was because I can't find any. So asking me to go find them is a bit, er, missing the point.

SO I'll ask again, a general question, to everyone, what is Stewarts problem re Hamilton?

It's a general question that intrigues me, as you would have thought one great British Racing Driver would recognise fully another, or am I just being niaive?

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

You’re clearly bothered by it and want to know the truth, so the answer is to e-mail Jackie Stewart. Then you’ll know.

Simples!

Unfortunately I don't have his email. Not so simples.

Why are you being so obtuse? What's your problem, not into open debates etc? Is he your grandfather or something?

• Like 1

The small print.

JYS has never come across as the most sagely of chaps, if various clips of F1 coverage I've seen since his retirement are representative. LH has shown masterful form at the wheel, full stop. Tough sledding this year with the sub-par Merc, will be a test of character. I will be watching MV going forward with interest, curious whether he rises above the punk sensibilities on show thus far.

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Unfortunately I don't have his email. Not so simples.

Why are you being so obtuse? What's your problem, not into open debates etc? Is he your grandfather or something?

In my experience, debating anything on an internet forum is a fool's errand, because it solves nothing. No doubt there'll be yet another response here calling me something more than 'obtuse', but that'll only serve to prove my point.

By the way, my grandfather died in 1952, fighting with the British Army in Korea.

Margate Exotics.

Debating on the Internet can work if people actually engage in the debate and contribute. Sadly, that wasn't happening here.

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather and my comment was meant as a joke re Stewarts age. Please accept my apologies if it caused any offence/upset. A tragic conflict that still some 70 years later is not resolved and that feels so much like what is happening again in Ukraine. If only we learnt from history.

The small print.

It seems that amongst some "old" drivers the discrimination is ingrained.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61962839

Hamilton just been lauded too - shame he just does not get the recognition for the positive stuff really - https://pledgetimes.com/hamiltons-most-generous-sportsman-no-one-has-donated-like-him-in-great-britain/ 

The small print.

What is the point in him saying that.  For future generations, that's Neslon Piquet's reputation down the plug hole.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10960473/Shocking-footage-emerges-Nelson-Piquet-calling-Lewis-Hamilton-N-word.html

• Like 2

I didn’t know until now that Piquet’s daughter Kelly was part of the furniture at Red Bull Racing. First she went out with Daniil Kvyat for a couple of years and had a daughter by him. Then he was sacked by RBR, so she moved on to his replacement Max Verstappen, 9 years her junior.

It was the Brazilian version of the 'N' word you thought it was and yes it was meant as you thought it was.

One of the news stories is commented from a Brazilian who explains the word, it's use, and the "context" of how it is was used in the actual sentence from Piquet. It left no ambiguity at all as to what was meant.

I don't know what's worse. The fact he said it, or the fact that he just cannot be honest, put his hands up, and say "Sorry i was wrong", instead of the BS he is now pedalling. Like others from F1's past, there is a track record of this sort of view.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

The small print.

Well I recall Piquet having referred to Senna as driving like a "Sao Paolo taxi driver", back wnen Ayrton was coming at them all like the clappers. Not surprised Piquet's once again made an arse of himself.

• Like 1

The Governing body obviously do not believe Piquet’s apology is sincere his life time pit and paddock pass as been revoked and rightly so he will not be missed.

If anybody has any doubts on what a pathetic individual and senile piece of sh!t Ecclestone is & always was here is the proof

https://news.sky.com/story/bernie-ecclestone-says-he-would-take-a-bullet-for-first-class-vladimir-putin-as-he-defends-war-in-ukraine-12642942

• Like 2

Today is supposedly the last day before enforcement of the jewelry ban

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

If anybody has any doubts on what a pathetic individual and senile piece of sh!t Ecclestone is & always was here is the proof

https://news.sky.com/story/bernie-ecclestone-says-he-would-take-a-bullet-for-first-class-vladimir-putin-as-he-defends-war-in-ukraine-12642942

The old Guard of F1 trying its very hardest to be awful this week. Get back in your horrid boxes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1