Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 66 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Perez has been demoted to 13 th on the grid for exceeding track limits. Was originally missed by the stewards 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

8 minutes ago, pete said:

Was originally missed by the stewards 

Suppose Max pointed it out, a way to push your no2 back a bit.

• Love 1

Can't say sprint races are too interesting, but did that LH arrived.....Tops ok, not sure about the trousers.....

image.jpeg.48e877055d235277564524bf51b7b3cd.jpeg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Those booing and jeering when Hamster and Russell binned their cars - pack it in, it's disrespectful.

I agree.

Unfortunately that sort of boorish behaviour has been allowed to creep into sport, particularly rugby, football and cricket. It is totally disrespectful and the minority that do it are losers themselves and/or complete and utter NED's. Booing has no place in sport !!

• Like 2

Ferrari look to have improved their performance (may be not their reliability) And Merc were the best of the rest - still a mile behind at the end.

13 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Those booing and jeering when Hamster and Russell binned their cars - pack it in, it's disrespectful.

Weak minded arses.

We had a sightline to Sainz's burning car, seated midway between T1 and T3 in the Red Bull Grandstand. Pity the piss poor luck Carlos is suffering this season, he'd clearly have overtaken MV by race end. Leclerc had been demonstrating the Ferraris' superiority on braking into T3 from early laps onward. Pleased to see Lewis soldier on into a quiet but well earned 3rd, disappointed we'd no opportunity to see Checo at work.

On 09/07/2022 at 08:36, C8RKH said:

That is interesting and a real shame for Perez if that's the case.  I would have thought in my simple head that the rake angle would be part of the drivers bespoke setup rather than a requisite setup change to apply to both cars.

Perez did do a great job at Silverstone so perhaps whatever the changes, he's not doing so bad with them; I hope he can challenge for wins for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

I don’t see why we should all be getting hot and bothered by fans cheering when a rival driver bins it or breaks down. It’s always been part of the entertainment. Hamilton made a mistake and went off directly in front of the Verstappen fan block. What did you expect them to do? Apologise on his behalf?

• Like 2

No, but I guess it depends on how you feel about it. Personally, I’m only interested in watching great racing, fighting it out on the track, and I love it when the championship goes down to the wire. As a result, I don’t like to see it when a drivers bins it or breaks down because it makes things less interesting from my point of view.

I accept that the diehard anti-Maxxers and Hamster detractors probably won’t see it that way, nonetheless I disagree with booing and jeering at any individual driver. In my opinion it’s disrespectful to whoever it’s directed at, and I don’t ever remember it being as widespread as it is today.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Booing and jeering individual drivers is a step too far, but cheering when a rival goes off or breaks down has been happening for decades. You can hear the cheers through your TV when a car from one of Ferrari’s rivals comes a cropper at Monza. The Red Bull Ring and now Zandvoort are like Home football matches for RB, thanks to the fanatical Max support. Similarly for Hamilton at Silverstone. The fans all want their man to win, so they will cheer when any potential rival falls by the wayside. 

I guess races in more neutral countries see less of this behaviour, but to be surprised by the cheering at RB’s home GP in Austria is probably rather naive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Booing and jeering individual drivers is a step too far, but cheering when a rival goes off or breaks down has been happening for decades. You can hear the cheers through your TV when a car from one of Ferrari’s rivals comes a cropper at Monza. The Red Bull Ring and now Zandvoort are like Home football matches for RB, thanks to the fanatical Max support. Similarly for Hamilton at Silverstone. The fans all want their man to win, so they will cheer when any potential rival falls by the wayside. 

I guess races in more neutral countries see less of this behaviour, but to be surprised by the cheering at RB’s home GP in Austria is probably rather naive.

Maybe you need to go back and read it again - I never said I was surprised by cheering, only that I think booing and jeering is disrespectful.

Naïve? For having an opposite view to yours? Good grief!

Margate Exotics.

^^^ Au contraire. I didn’t quote you. Our views seem similar. I am just talking about the general consternation expressed in the media about the cheering of the likes of Hamilton & Co crashing or breaking down in front of Verstappen’s fans at Red Bull’s home GP. That’s 100% to be expected. Those who were genuinely surprised/upset by it are naive IMO.

With accommodation in Graz we booked transport to and from the event on express coach, conveniently hubbed a short stroll from our hotel. There clearly is traffic overload on the occasion of such big events, evident by the full hour past departure time before the coach rolled onto the motorway Saturday. After wrap up Sunday we were only 1/2 hour getting clear of the Ring but such was the state of motorway traffic broadly that our driver journeyed the country roads for considerable distance before joining the motorway, ultimately yielding result similar to Saturday's trip. At least we were relaxed and comfortable though it's sobering to see how crowded these GP events have become.

Fine airshow presented around lunch time, otherwise most superfluous entertainment not to my tastes and quite overcooked, suiting the ADHD generation one would suppose. It happens to be the same approach back home attending live NHL hockey games, where heaven forbid there's a lull for thoughtful chat during the 2 minute TV breaks, so that's the way of things 21st century style. Lovely setting for a circuit nonetheless and we did explore vantage points, making sure to catch Practice action over at T9 and 10 so hearing the peculiar sound of Pirelli's working the sausage curbs. A touch surprised the engine noise was found not to be massive, more piercing by far being that of the cica 2012 RB-? V10 demo driven by David Coultard during the lunch break.

Cheers

Interesting that you mentioned the tyre noise on kerbs. I remember watching a British GP at Copse corner. Every single time the 4 leading cars passed by you would hear the Brrrr of their tyres on the kerb, lap after lap. The 5th placed car occasionally did it. As for the rest, no. It was a graphic indication of the skill level of the very top drivers, compared to the rest.

Wonder how long it will be before McLaren announce a driver change.....year end or before - eg after summer break? Herta seems to be in the McLaren young driver programme.. But contracted to end 2023.

Colton Herta: IndyCar driver completes McLaren test and has ambition to move to F1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62143952

also says 

Four-time champion Sebastian Vettel is also potentially available as he is out of contract with Aston Martin at the end of this season, although the German, 35, could retire after the 2022 campaign.

And Masi has now really gone.....

Formula 1: Former race director Michael Masi formally leaves FIA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62131946