Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBC - Again! - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBC - Again!

PaulCP

Some think it worthwhile, what it must do is try harder to be impartial in the eyes of the public not the BBC 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/as-a-brit-living-abroad-i-can-tell-you-why-fighting-for-the-bbc-is-so-important-a6687396.html

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

21 minutes ago, pete said:

Some think it worthwhile, what it must do is try harder to be impartial in the eyes of the public not the BBC 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/as-a-brit-living-abroad-i-can-tell-you-why-fighting-for-the-bbc-is-so-important-a6687396.html

The usual load of old shite served up by a staunchly left-wing media outlet, which claims in its title to be “independent”, when in fact it is anything but. Instead, it is in fact far more biased than the organisation it’s reporting on.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

It's all part of the advertising budget. If they don't spend it on TV adverts they'll spend it somewhere else so you wont see a cost reduction.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As an alternative opinion, I do regard the BBC as being impartial.

I don't listen to Jeremy Vine but even if I did I probably wouldn't have gone out panic buying. Would all of his listeners done that? What does that say about his listeners?

You must watch the Belgium Broadcasting Company if you really think it is impartial. The BBC is so biased even the newly appointed Director General has warned all staff about their social media posts and the journalists about the need for unbiased reporting of facts.

Seems the brain washing has worked on some.

I have found his approach quite refreshing and would love to have the BBC back to its impartial best.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

The usual load of old shite served up by a staunchly left-wing media outlet, which claims in its title to be “independent”, when in fact it is anything but. Instead, it is in fact far more biased than the organisation it’s reporting on.

Just knew you would like it,,,,

10 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I read that the new boss is going to tackle left-wing bias in BBC comedy shows.

Good luck with that.

Perhaps he will bring back "it ain't half hot mum" or Alf Garnett.

Like West Ham.

The small print.

13 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

If I remember rightly, Alf always ended up being the loser.

Yes, many interviews of Warren Mitchell where he tells stories of bigots approaching him and telling him that they support Alfs views and how he then explains to them that Alf is the butt of the joke and he is actually attacking the attitudes of those people that have approached him. 

Too stupid to realise that the whole aim of the programme is to poke fun at those with prejudiced views.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

6 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Yes, many interviews of Warren Mitchell where he tells stories of bigots approaching him and telling him that they support Alfs views and how he then explains to them that Alf is the butt of the joke and he is actually attacking the attitudes of those people that have approached him. 

Too stupid to realise that the whole aim of the programme is to poke fun at those with prejudiced views.

‘Little Britain’ was the same. In fact, so was ‘Love Thy Neighbour’ again if I remember rightly. If we look back, most comedies were like it.

Margate Exotics.

On 06/09/2020 at 19:01, C8RKH said:

I have found his approach quite refreshing and would love to have the BBC back to its impartial best

"....but as this is the BBC...Frankly, I think we should take them all outside and shoot them..."

• Like 1

Not literally of course! ;)

The small print.

On 06/09/2020 at 20:01, C8RKH said:

You must watch the Belgium Broadcasting Company if you really think it is impartial.

Trust me, our national broadcasting station is a good match for the BBC when it comes to spinning stories a certain way... Mind you, the private station are not much better, seems like they are all compelled to show just one side of the story. COVID was/is a good example, not one really critical question was to put to any of the so called experts that made a daily appearance in the different news broadcasts.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Nothing to do with the BBC, but I was running the line at my son’s U13 football match yesterday. The opposition were from the same club and playing in black. Behind me I heard one of their dads shout “Get your tackles in blacks”. No harm in that of course, but then he follows it up with “Can I say that, or is it racist?” to the bloke standing next to him. “Well I’m of an age when you can say what you like,” came the reply. “Me too,” replies the original shouter (he was in his 30s) “if you don’t like what I say, then take me to Court, haha!”.

So nothing specifically racist towards anyone, but very cringeworthy behaviour nonetheless.

What is the matter with them. Zoe ball,probably one of the worst,looses 1 million listeners so they give her a million pound pay rise making her the highest paid on the bbc

• Confused 1

Agree with @pete 100%. I reckon I could lose a million listeners for half that cost. I'd be a bloody bargain!

Are these salaries not backward looking, i.e. what they earned over the previous year? If so, I could probably understand it. If forward looking, then I want my licence fee back!

Thought Esther Rantzen was brilliant when interviewed by the BBC this morning about these salaries. She made a very good point, with class and elegance.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Thought Esther Rantzen was brilliant when interviewed by the BBC this morning about these salaries. She made a very good point, with class and elegance.

A principled woman apparently - shame she was too busy looking the other way with regards to old Jimmy

Only here once

I'm sure a lot of people where looking the other way when Jimmy was behind them!

• Haha 1

The small print.