Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shares - Page 5 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Shares

Bibs

• Gold FFM

I totally understand where you're coming from. Being the geek/nerd that I am I get the whole crypto thing but regular shares holding/trading I find boring. If you weren't spoiled for choice before:

image.thumb.png.6b7f289c765c865d0e7aad8bc9f3c35f.png

The above screen was a sea of red yesterday!

Just do your own research on any crypto you're thinking of, there's more than a few shitcoins out there.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

Crypto currencies are unregulated unprotected Ponzi schemes which consume humongous amounts of electricity 

they are not assets, they are pure gambling

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, SFO said:

Crypto currencies are unregulated unprotected Ponzi schemes which consume humongous amounts of electricity 

they are not assets, they are pure gambling

In your opinion SFO. Everything uses electricity, even this very message. Who's to say of it's value? 

Crypto is here to stay.

image.png.9a50113d0f5cf9e87320b5d6526658be.png

Geez, I'm feeling like a crypto shill right now! :blush:

• Haha 2

Signature not working...

On 20/05/2021 at 08:50, Buddsy said:

Ive always used Halifax online share dealing but does anyone have a recommendation where to buy crypto? Ive seen a few places on Google search but wondered if anyone has anywhere they had actually used?

buddsy

Yeah I use Halifax Buddsy, though I use their Sharebuilder account mostly. It only has a £2.50 fixed handling fee.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 weeks later...

he also did one on hidden inflation coupled with the above is as you say quite concerning and well the "great reset" has troubled me since the day i read about it but again it quietly ticks over with no msm coverage, gaining momentum, i was a bitcoin sceptic but cbdc's will ignite cyprto currency and tangible assets / commodities methinks

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
On 12/02/2021 at 17:02, RobinB5 said:

So after following the GameStop debacle, and thus becoming more interested in stock, thought I'd dip my toe in to the markets.

Subscribed to Motley Fool and invested in some of their recommendations, all US stocks. Also did my own research and invested in some UK stocks. US stocks have soared, UK stocks in the doldrums.  Yeh, yeh, investments should be considered a 3-5 year commitment but lessons I've learnt so far:

• I don't know diddly squat about investments, so I listen to those who do
  • Factor in trade charges. If you're just investing in the low £1000s, they will take a chunk out of your profit.
  • Yahoo finance is a god send
  • Never trust the recommendations of another investor, especially if they're your friend
  • Winners keep winning. If a stock's going up and they have good fundamentals, don't worry about buying in at the (current) peak.

Up 11% in 12 days. It likely won't last and tbh the above advice is based on so very little experience. Having said all that, Fiverr has performed fantastically :) 

Oh the conceit! Bought into NVIDIA that ended up balancing the meteoric fall of AirBnB, Lemonade and PInterest. Decided to sell them all whilst I was still net +ve by about 1%. Think I'll leave investments to the professionals, pay my x% commission to them and sleep better at night :)

Despite what some people say about future crashes etc, I only invest in shares for long term growth and reinvestment. Any desperate crashes really don't effect me as long term I am only cashing in my shares when I retire. Until then they are all on dividend re-invest and I still invest every single month. 

Right now my shares have come back from the 2008 crash and the COVID crash (which wasn't as bad as 2008) and made a lot more. I don't invest in short term gains. So all my companies have long term sustainability. Silver Mining, Medical research companies, Recycling companies, Alcohol and soft drink companies and a couple of insurance companies. No Banks, technology companies, phone companies, supermarkets etc.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

@Kimbers That's the best way to manage shares along with diversification however, it's important to consider moving away from high risk investments as you approach retirement or you might find your retirement coincides with a dip in the market. Someone who was due to retire in 2008 would likely have not been happy with their life savings tied up in shares at the time :)

It's getting there......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so anyone read rich dad poor dad (great book with a simple message )?? the author Robert Kiyosaki predicts the biggest crash in world history in october, given you couldnt have many more negative storm clouds out there whats the views on the prediction ?? 

• Gold FFM

Depends on what he's basing his prediction on. It could be a whale manipulation or another MSM self-fulfilling prophesy, one I'm sure many will make bank on.

Signature not working...

He is predicting Evergrande not being able to pay up and chinese house of cards collapsing because of it. He is recommending to diversify into gold,silver,Bitcoin to weather the storm. Evergrande missed their next deadline to pay few days ago again.

I really don't know what to think of current situation, it's pretty clear that something is about to pop. But this feeling can last for years. The current shortage issues are slowing down global production. There are no cars, no spare parts for trucks and forklifts. It's getting hard to buy descent computers.

I'm never a pessimistic person, but something is really off in current situation. I'm sitting at 65% cash, 20% crypto, 15% stock funds. I'm mainly heavy on cash because of house construction imminent and waiting for Exige.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It could crash, but then someone is predicting a huge crash constantly.

What I've learned is that predicting crashes/falls is the easy way to look right. You just say it's going to drop and wait, it will drop at done point because there is always a drama and then you look like you are a great sage.

I basically increase in his companies. Sir on the investment, keep some cash aside. If there is a crash, buy more and wait some more. It's not rocket science but it does the trick and I don't have to go around trying to predict things.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just shocked myself by checking my Share account. I have my account set to "Dividend reinvest" and have invested about £24,000 in the last 10 years. I just added up all my dividends and it equates to over £1300 last year. Thats more than 5% interest.

Surely that makes them one of the best investments around right now? 

Yes I know I can lose them all but am invested with companies like Diageo, Aviva, Legal and General, Fevertree etc so my investment is pretty safe.

On 02/10/2021 at 18:54, windymiller said:

so anyone read rich dad poor dad (great book with a simple message )?? the author Robert Kiyosaki predicts the biggest crash in world history in october, given you couldnt have many more negative storm clouds out there whats the views on the prediction ?? 

With three days to go, what do you think Windy?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

With three days to go, what do you think Windy?

lol id forgotten about that !!! actually not sure he stated "which" october lol !!! i do see storm clouds on the horixon fuelled by the inflation and gold is starting to bubble which is the safe haven in troubled times but theres so so much freely printed money in circulation in every economy and the budget was like "what financial crisis" ??? but if i knew enough id be well off !!! i still have one big copper play that just will come off given the "green" agenda !!!

1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I'm playing the waiting game too.  One of my mates wrote a book called The Naked Trader and he says sit tight.

ha ive read that !!! (clothed at the time)

• Gold FFM

Trouble for them is getting it out again! As soon as they start selling the price will tank because the market watches the big wallets for movement.

• 2 weeks later...