Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shares - Page 6 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Shares

Bibs

• Gold FFM

I’d agree with @windymiller - I reckon a massive correction is due. Only time will tell though - if it’s not imploded by the spring I’ll be amazed.

Only here once

im not saying its going to happen but in my view theres more chance of it than not !! too many storm clouds on the horizon makes the perfect storm and more and more professional pundits are stating that but as barry says time will tell

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@windymiller for me I see interest rates at the lowest levels in history - we now have energy levels at possibly the highest. Add onto that the inflationary pressures and the issues with raw material availability. Further compound onto that the levels of high personal debt that many are carrying short term and that’s without even considering the long term debt that’s being serviced at the historical low levels that simply won’t remain there. 

I sit and see a very perilous situation for many. 

That’s without even considering the debts that some big companies are highly likely to default on in the coming months. Some of which are possibly high enough to really weaken some banking institutions.

• Like 1

Only here once

9 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Further compound onto that the levels of high personal debt that many are carrying short term

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02885/

Personal debt is down and household savings are at record highs.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9060/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

bitcoin is making higher highs gold going north and long and strong (both seen as shelter belts during a storm), interest rates are going one way, we have a property debt bubble in china which undoubtably the chinese are lying about, inflation causing issues and isnt going away soon, the national debt of all major economies is eye watering, covid still around and effecting production, gas electric oil fuel all at prices creating further inflation and lessoning household available spend. it can never be a forgone conclusion there will be a correction but the pressures and indicators are there  

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Sadly that is the issue with statistics. It can be skewed and made to show anything that fits the narrative. Some folks will indeed be sat on savings and no debt - other drowning in it. These papers have never shown or reported that.

Think I’m wrong - then bring into the figures the governments own poverty statistics and then wipe In food bank use etc. 

• Like 1

Only here once

I was watching an episode of Question Time when a member of the audience said he volunteered at a food bank & all of them collecting their free food had mobile phones & Sky TV. Of course he was immediately booed & Fiona Bruce moved onto another member of the audience 🤢

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

Yes, the Woke and PC culture sadly is all too pervasive in the QT audience, and in life in general.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 hours ago, windymiller said:

bitcoin is making higher highs gold going north and long and strong (both seen as shelter belts during a storm)

I've never heard Bitcoin referred to as a shelter bet. It's just gambling at best :) 

It's getting there......

The only money I'd "invest" in Crypto is money I'd be happy to use to light a BBQ. Tempted to look at one of then and throw say £500 in to see if I can ride a wave for a short period. But that's about it.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Everyone keeps talking about Gold but Silver is actually a good bet. As I said elswhere.

Nearly 198,000 metric tons of gold have been mined over time, the World Gold Council says, compared with almost 1.74 million metric tons of silver. Therefore, the amount of mined silver far exceeds the amount of mined gold. However Silver has a huge number of industrial, commercial and medical uses. The lower price, and reduced scarcity, mean that the reclamation rate of silver is less than that of other precious metals; unlike gold – the majority of which is constantly recycled – large quantities of silver are lost through use, or dumped into landfill.

As such over half of the silver mined has been Consumed and is lost. And wit mining output down by 1.4% and demand up by a similar amount the price of silver will only continue up.

What does that mean to you as an investor. Well, gold increased 28% in 2020 a great investment, however silver started 2020 at £10.26 a troy ounce and on 15th Jan 2021 was at £18.28. Then in just 10 days it rose further to £20.59 making it just over 100% increase in a year.

Silver people! Silver!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Yes, I knew I shouldn't have laid out for that Lego At-At this morning.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

It's like black Friday, everything is on sale! (Although shares are actually cheaper than they were before the sale unlike the rest of black Friday deals).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/11/2021 at 10:50, Kimbers said:

Silver people! Silver!

Are old, usually.

13 minutes ago, Bibs said:

@TdM, if you took the chance to steam in on 'Black Friday' you'll be laughing today! 

GIF by yvngswag

What's the old adage, something like "buy when everyone else has sold, sell when they are buying...."

The small print.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Bibs said:

@TdM, if you took the chance to steam in on 'Black Friday' you'll be laughing today! 

Friday night - bought more of these 5

Nvidia Corp 

Tesla

Plug Power

Apple

Adobe

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Take a look at PYPL which is now trading roughly 27% below the high it made in July, a selloff of this magnitude in such a high-quality company is too big to ignore. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

19 hours ago, jonwat said:

Take a look at PYPL which is now trading roughly 27% below the high it made in July, a selloff of this magnitude in such a high-quality company is too big to ignore. :thumbup:

Ebay have stopped using Paypal as their payments user. Thats Billions of turnover down. they took it all inhouse (though they didn't make it cheaper!!. 

19 hours ago, mayevora said:

Friday night - bought more of these 5

Nvidia Corp 

Tesla

Plug Power

Apple

Adobe

I don't like tech companies I added a few hundred £'s to my DIAGEO and FEVERTREE collection :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Ebay have stopped using Paypal as their payments user. Thats Billions of turnover down. they took it all inhouse (though they didn't make it cheaper!!. 

I don't like tech companies I added a few hundred £'s to my DIAGEO and FEVERTREE collection :)

I do nothing but Tech, I have done for 23 years now. More risk and more volatility but ‘potentially’ greater rewards. (Added a further 6 figures to my pension fund with no further contributions from me in the last 18 months alone)

Away from Retirement planning I manage my personal share accounts daily. I don’t mind 5% drops in a day and always buy more just before the American market closes when that happens, which is frequently, and just as frequently it’s up 5% within another day. Biggest regret was not buying a lot more back in 1999 when the .com bubble burst. I just sat on losses then that took a couple of years to recover. 
I purchase between £30-£50 per day of shares, 5 days a week and my choice of what to buy depends on where the biggest loss or the smallest gain (or a spread of the worst) occurred that particular day - and buy more of what’s performed worst that day - from my portfolio of tech Companies (108 different Companies right now) Tech works for me anyway but can also totally see why others avoid it. 
😊

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!