Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Shares - Page 9 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Shares

Bibs

3 hours ago, Kimbers said:

No Motor manufacturers

Lotus to float new EV division on stock market

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-finance-and-corporate/lotus-float-new-ev-division-stock-market

Lotus aims to float in 12-24 months, but the decision over whether to do so in Asia, London or New York hasn’t yet been taken, the company said.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Yeah, but you think a garden rake is technology.

THE DEVIL!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Lotus to float new EV division on stock market

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/business-finance-and-corporate/lotus-float-new-ev-division-stock-market

Lotus aims to float in 12-24 months, but the decision over whether to do so in Asia, London or New York hasn’t yet been taken, the company said.

Car company. Don't do it!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

16 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Car company. Don't do it!

Our car company?????  Well at least the one that this forum members must have more than a bit of interest in.

• 1 month later...

Not been a great few weeks for US tech shares but fortunately I've only a small holding in Tesla and Amazon so it could have been worse. 

Crypto seems to have taken a battering of late, glad I'm not a Luna owner, down 95% aren't they?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 05/04/2022 at 11:16, Kimbers said:

technology

Er no. It's actually classed as Engineering and most of it is covered by critical infrastructure (nuclear, defense etc) Long term, safer than houses...

25 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yes lots of mine are down, it’s head in the sand time at the moment.  I think we’re in for a rough couple of months but hopefully things will recover.

About the same as it was then 2 years ago as the global pandemic really started to take hold. I bet your still up on before then. I am.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Well I bought a load a couple of months ago before Russia invaded.

Ah. You've be Putined.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yes lots of mine are down, it’s head in the sand time at the moment.  I think we’re in for a rough couple of months but hopefully things will recover.

ditto here on my isa's , the last couple of years free for all have come to an end

I'm still well up on my investments but down from where they were a short while ago.

My best are the likes of Diageo Unite Group and Renewi, whilst my worst are the investment companies, mainly Aviva and Abrdn, Legal and General has weather the recent drops so far.

On a positive I did slap loads into gold last year when it was 25% lower than it is now so, win some lose some. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Indeed, however, for the last 2 months I have had over £350 a month of dividends on dividend reinvest. 

they will go back up..... Eventually! 

On a positive, if you pick a good profitable long term company like Aviva, legal and general etc, nows a good time to draw out some savings and pop them in shares!

• 2 months later...

Bloody Fevertree has kicked me in the nads and wiped out the profit I am making on Diageo and Legal & General. However my Unite Group and Renewi are kicking arse and more than doubled my investments!

• Gold FFM

My portfolio is around 35% down since January.  I've given up and decided to dig in and wait, as none of the rules seem to apply any more!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Well what a shockingly bad day yesterday was….I keep buying thinking it’s not going fall any lower and then it drops again and I buy more and the cycle continues. Waiting for the bounce but could be waiting a while yet so more buying I’m sure…..

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I buy everymonth. Have a standing order with a "regular" share scheme. Just changed what I was buying. I think many of the companies that have dropped are solid, like Fevertree and Aviva and its just about the current crisis and low confidence. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fever tree shares have fallen by two thirds this year and city short sellers are betting heavily on them falling further

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Hold tight. Companies will come back. I remember years ago when M&S crashed - I bought a ton and a year later I was very happy.

The small print.

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Fever Tree up 14% since your post, @pete.  Can I give you a list of others to mention?

They are a strong company, well run and profit making. Their profits are down but they have good future prospects. Like Aviva who are down 35% they will come back again!