Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 101 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
On 19/09/2020 at 21:34, Dan E said:

I don’t drive down Chislehurst high street at 120mph but someone did and they’re now dead along with their passenger. So you can’t control everyone but let’s hope the sensible survive 

Tragic - taken before their time and all due to covid.

• Haha 1

Only here once

I'll get in first then! 6 months of stricter lockdowns. And only six in your house for Christmas. Well we have 7 from 3 households just for us and the kids! How will that work? Plus normally their partners (Neither of which live with them so thats up to 5 households. Then Mom, dad, Wendys Mom thats 8 households...................... What a load of bollox, because you can still go into a restaurant or work (My head office has 10 people in one room).

Wendy had just got her Art into a position where she was selling 5-10 paintings a Show, making it a viable business but the next 2 shows were Oct & Nov after 2 were cancelled earlier in the year. At least she can stay working as a Nurse but many of those we know are professionals who require the shows to pay the bills! Its all a bit bollocks TBH!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

I.... we have 7 from 3 households just for us and the kids! How will that work? ....

This is where the kids get to prove who is the favorite.

I do get just how ludicrous it sees because you could go to a restaurant and sit at different tables as separate bookings but not even be in the same house at the same time.

• Like 1

The new rules will have zero effect on my life. I’m not to be found in pubs and restaurants after 10.00pm. I hardly ever meet up with more than 5 other people. I certainly wouldn’t want more than 6 people round the dining table for Christmas dinner. I work from home anyway, so no change there. I haven’t been to a wedding in welll over a decade. I am not part of an indoor sports team. Same old same old for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Dress in this attire and if you have friends with a couple of gun dogs you can have 30 round for Christmas.

63E96905-2982-42AA-B197-461F7E9501C3.png

But only if you prefer the pheasant to the grouse.  

What's not to like. A great walk in the country and get to shoot a few birds. Certainly beats shooting as few holes down the golf club.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's official the Brit is the most stupid, complete and utter waste of oxygen species on the planet as reports are already coming back in of panic buying of loo roles, flour, pasta eggs etc.

FFS. I really do give up.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

A long read, explaining why the Pillar 2 Covid test used in UK, is almost certainly raising the 'case/infection' numbers because it has a very significant 'false positive' rate, and at present outnumbers actual infections by probably 10 times. Written by an expert in the field.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-damned-lies-and-health-statistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/?fbclid=IwAR14jZ0fJ8IHnYFHf8p-FWwrhuQzn2w-fIJbIBCKMzGN8lVv9uxcMsKY79M

4 hours ago, Buddsy said:

But a virus that now has such a low death rate why does it matter what the infection rate is? 

Agree, but if the infection rate was an accurate number, then the whole hysteria would dissipate because there would be little to base it on. Virus history says there will be no second wave, never has been for past events. Why is Covid-19 different? The evidence doesn't support that hypothesis.

By all accounts the Pillar 2 test the UK is using (I think it was called) has a huge rate of false positives too. 

Total deaths of those under 60 with no underlying conditions due to COVID since March. 307.

120090116_10160358849779746_8757939152324877352_o.jpg

Source: https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/covid-19-daily-deaths/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Well that's it for several of my friends dreams and my wifes has had to be put on hold. A couple own businesses in the hospitality sector and one is involved in Exhibitions. All have said they will be bust before Xmas.

And Wendy was going to retire early after huge success in the last couple of years Art Shows, and go professional. Without the income from the Art shows this will have to be put on hold (50% of sales a year).

On an aside, there are many businesses who need to be pulled up on their behaviour. Like a certain well know Art Sales site which is the main place online to sell original art. Commission has gone from 25% to 50%. The cynic in me would say this could be because Artists have nowhere else to go at this time.

Local Auction house has also put up its Commission. I understand there is less going on so to maintain a profit they need to increase income or reduce costs but at this time people need help and those who use Auction platforms or Agency sites to sell their goods are struggling as it is!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We have a neighbour who has an art shop, with many local artists stuff in it, and she has had some pretty good business going on. A few people have more disposable income than normal, so look to spend on art and home things. I know it is probably very regional, and we are in a touristy area, so probably not representative of the country. Like many things, right/wrong place at right/wrong time has huge effect.

Good luck with your lot @Kimbers.

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Well that's it for several of my friends dreams and my wifes has had to be put on hold. A couple own businesses in the hospitality sector and one is involved in Exhibitions. All have said they will be bust before Xmas.

And Wendy was going to retire early after huge success in the last couple of years Art Shows, and go professional. Without the income from the Art shows this will have to be put on hold (50% of sales a year).

On an aside, there are many businesses who need to be pulled up on their behaviour. Like a certain well know Art Sales site which is the main place online to sell original art. Commission has gone from 25% to 50%. The cynic in me would say this could be because Artists have nowhere else to go at this time.

Local Auction house has also put up its Commission. I understand there is less going on so to maintain a profit they need to increase income or reduce costs but at this time people need help and those who use Auction platforms or Agency sites to sell their goods are struggling as it is!

Start up a thread on here. Get Wendy to post her pictures up and watch the offers come in 

She may even sell a picture!  😂🤣

Seriously though, use every channel you have. The people on here don't just buy parts for their cars. A nice original artwork is good for a birthday pressie for the wife.

These are tough times and TLF works well as a virtual community to support its members....

Added bonus is every picture she sells is commision free! Get her posting on Facebitch too...

The small print.

Awesome painting and still one of my Favourites.

Thanks Andy, she already has that, plus a Gallery stocking her work and work on Artfinder. Just for everyone's info Below links to her FB page, Web Page etc. But my point is that we do 4 Art shows in Surrey and Windsor a year. On Average Wendy will sell £4000 of paintings to people who just don't buy online. That's £16,000 a year. With that out of the equation she can't go full time.

BTW she has been Shortlisted for the Sire John Hurt (Yes the actor) international Art Prize. Her painting below and a link. 

https://www.wendykimberleyart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/wendykimberleyart

http://www.holtfestival.org/artprizes/?fbclid=IwAR2GMwB8rOb3X-6TRa1gp9uh1OMPF1x6cCZIwSTx1TvmHZp5DB1cc6LP2ps

119670212_2717959441826179_6842284916334

• Like 2

One of the most misleading presentations of the 'pandemic' is the graph showing 'cases' now compared to early on. They seem to show the current numbers approaching earlier numbers. However, now we are doing far more testing than we did then, so many asymptomatic or mild infections are now being picked up that would not have shown up earlier in the year; these are not 'cases' which were originally, by definition, the presentation of a patient for treatment, but infections. Add to this the effect of false positives, and you have a massively skewed picture. The numbers are simply not comparable.

Plus, the virus still only presents significant threat to the old with co-morbidities, rather like a nasty flu, but is now more effectively treated than before.

So I am sad when I see around me and on here businesses ceasing trading, and worry that we are splurging yet more money about in an attempt to fix the effects not of the 'pandemic,' but of government intervention. The chickens are coming home to roost, and dreams of liberty and prosperity are fading fast.

It's not a conspiracy, but a function of the tendency, at international (WHO, UN) levels and at national levels, for bureaucracies to intervene and control, particularly when they can invent sufficient of a moral imperative to do so.

• Like 1

Here we go again: my wife is back from her weekly Asda shop and the shelves have once more been stripped clean of toilet rolls by panic buyers.

What’s that definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

What possible reason can there be for doing this again, particularly when all the shops are open? We really are a nation of cretinous lemmings.

• Like 1

Lemmings. We noticed it the night Boris made the speech and we were in Morrisons doing our weekly shop. 

No Loo Roll, No Pasta, Rice or Flour, no hand sanitiser......... Bunch of muppets!

• Like 1