Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 137 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

23 minutes ago, Colin P said:

If MaccyDs is legitimately open then surely, by logic, a trip there is OK. 

A trip to any legitimately-open business is allowable under the rules but I'd guess that @Kimbers point is, whilst allowed under the regs, it's not really in the spirit of the idea of minimising risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andydclements said:

A trip to any legitimately-open business is allowable under the rules but I'd guess that @Kimbers point is, whilst allowed under the regs, it's not really in the spirit of the idea of minimising risk.

What does essential mean then?

Dave.

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Woaaaahhhh....   A logic bomb has been deployed. Where's me popcorn. This is gonna get dead good real soon.

The media doesn’t allow logic. 

London - lots of young lads (of colour if that’s the right term these days) being stabbed by similar cultured young lads. Police stop and search and they are racist and profiling only on colour. They really can’t win to be fair.

now it makes sense why they are having a sneaky fry up and a haircut.

Only here once

10 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Absolutely no shortage of serving police officers breaching the rules in the media. 

Do they have donut shops in the UK? Surely an essential business under the circumstances then!

• Thanks 1

Stupidity claims another victim.

A conspiracy theorist who believed coronavirus was a hoax died the day after testing positive for the virus. Gary Matthews, from Shrewsbury in Shropshire, often shared his disbelief in Covid-19 online and refused to wear a mask. But the 46-year-old died on January 13 after being unwell for a week as a result of contracting the virus.

25 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Absolutely no shortage of serving police officers breaching the rules in the media. 

Absolutely no shortage of serving Police Officers who don't actually seem to know the law themselves!  Generally, the Police do a hard job, very well. But every club, team, company, outfit, forum and Police Force has it's share of muppets! :)

image.jpeg.8a060a11084fc8cb92f5594cbbbf87b2.jpeg

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

52 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

What does essential mean then?

Within the regs they've defined which businesses can be open, those are deemed "essential", and you are permitted under the regs to leave home for various activities (something you're legally required to do, contractually required to do, work where you cannot work from home, undertake the permitted exercise, etc) and it includes using any of these "essential" businesses such trips/activities are defined as "essential". 

For example, banks are deemed essential, you can legitimately go to a bank branch. You can legitimately just go there to ask to be told your account balance. That may be stupid and be a completely unnecessary activity (but may be essential if that's the only way you can ascertain your balance), but it's technically allowed even if you are carrying your mobile phone which has the banking app and can show you your account balance.

Just for the record, my above post was a legitimate question as to how the Police view “essential” travel at this point and an observation on the Govt guidelines if I have understood him correctly. 

I am not looking to question Kimbers comments. I’ve served in the Police, I know the difficulties and I know the crap he will be dealing with. I left because I couldn’t hack it, so total respect to those that can. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On a rare trip out of the house I went into Tesco Express this evening. It still beggars belief that some people still don’t get it...

In there I find 2 kids, probably 10 or so, running around unmasked (as I suppose they are allowed to do) and unsupervised, picking up various items are putting them back on the shelves while their parent was elsewhere in the store.

On coming to leave the shop, me and the 2 people ahead of me were all held up by these 2 kids playing in the main aisle. Said parent finally arrives and gathers up the kids.

I have to wonder why it’s essential  to take 2 kids into a small shop in the current situation in the first place. Assuming there’s an unavoidable reason, at least supervise them and keep them close to you.

On my last expedition, to the local takeaway, I found a parent with 3 kids in there waiting for an order. Again, unmasked and pawing every surface in the place.

As long as these people are out there it’s hard to see from this small snapshot how we’ll get out of this mess any time soon!

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Essential to go food shopping? Not always as we have food shops that can deliver. I get that sometimes needs must though.

But for any other type of shopping most can be bought online or by phone, and then delivered by the shop or it's chosen carrier. So not essential to go out then.

Same goes for most takeaways now too, so not essential to go out then.....

My work is deemed essential (delivering vehicle parts to garages etc) and we have always had a home delivery service. But we still get queues of people coming to the shop to buy parts. And it is so much more evident in this "lockdown" than the first "lockdown". As is the amount of general traffic.

Essential appears to mean "I will, because I want to, and who's going to stop me anyway?"

Dave.

• Gold FFM

I am/was reluctant to post this for many reasons; has anyone heard of any particular side effects from the vaccine? I've been told of a nurse and a doctor at the same hospital going temporarily blind for 5 days. A headache/migraine after the injection and as good as blind in the morning. CT scans, checks etc show nothing unusual and officials are reluctant to blame the vaccine. I don't know which make of vaccine they got. 

Doesn't dissuade me from getting the vaccine though; blindness is bad but death is probably worse.

Signature not working...

I've had a quick google and there is zero reference to this. With millions of people now having had the vaccine, I'd expect to have seen something of it online so I'm saying 'fake news' to that Alan. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

That was reported a few weeks ago @Bibs - I’ve not seen anything since - and it was a temporary thing. Short term temporary reactions are not uncommon with vaccines. There’s been a lot administered in the uk - if there was an issue - I’m sure we would know about it by now.

Edited by Barrykearley

Only here once

9 hours ago, Dave Eds said:

Essential journeys.......

Yep, an essential journey if defined as any of those purposes, so it's not that the journey itself is "essential" it's that it is to/ from one of the "essential" range of businesses.  So going to Sainsburys and buying clothes is allowed as an essential journey because Sainsburys are a predominantly food retailer and so they are permitted to trade. You don't even have to go there and buy clothes + food, you can technically buy just clothes.

23 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Not my principles, I expect other folks to adhere to the law and the spirit of the law

And yet when I pointed out the behaviour of a Police Officer, who lives with his grandparents, who came in for a shift AFTER his grandfather tested positive for COVID, you had a go at me for having a go at the Police!  (IIRC).  Double standards or what?

How in gods earth was he adhering to the law, or the spirit of the law?  Oh and by the way, as a result, people had to self isolate and one officer, who, lives with his parents (the pay is not that great when house prices are so high), this time, had to endure his mother's operation being cancelled due to his need to self isolate impacting on them.

I think our Police do an excellent job. I actually have a huge amount of respect for them. I think the "policing by consent" approach of the UK is stupendous and I am proud of how we police in the UK.  But do even the Police always get it right. Ha, course not. So I do get pissed off when the soap boxes come out from time to time.  Just remember, I have a monopoly on soap boxes!  :)

Muppets and covidiots are everywhere. Some of them wear high viz jackets. Some of them use an old ambulance with the blues and two's on to take the family to Tesco for a shop (yes, it really did happen). Some of them deny COVID is an issue and die!  And, que'll surprise, some of them wear a uniform.

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I'm assuming you're Kabo Barry?

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

13 hours ago, Mysterae said:

I am/was reluctant to post this for many reasons; has anyone heard of any particular side effects from the vaccine? I've been told of a nurse and a doctor at the same hospital going temporarily blind for 5 days. A headache/migraine after the injection and as good as blind in the morning. CT scans, checks etc show nothing unusual and officials are reluctant to blame the vaccine. I don't know which make of vaccine they got. 

Doesn't dissuade me from getting the vaccine though; blindness is bad but death is probably worse.

I had the Pfizer vaccine at 9 o/c this morning and I can't play the piano now, but then again, I couldn't before! :)

No ill effects at all, not even a sore arm. I hate using the term but sounds like fake news to me.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Not sure which chat thread this should be - could be here or Brexit - any moderator please relocate as needed ..

I came across this article, and was struck by seemingly balanced reporting of  the situation (but that does depend on one's own views) EU vs. UK vs. World 

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-export-boris-johnson/

2 minutes ago, Spinney said:

I can't play the piano now, but then again, I couldn't before! :)

Funny, me neither - and won't get the vaccine until at least the Autumn ..... I look forward to still not playing the piano ...  🤣

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Bibs said:

I've had a quick google and there is zero reference to this. With millions of people now having had the vaccine, I'd expect to have seen something of it online so I'm saying 'fake news' to that Alan. 

I was told about it from a relation of the affected nurse so I doubt it's 'fake news'. I immediately did what you did and googled for similar stories only to find none. I was told over a week ago about it and hesitated to mention it here because it may put people off getting the vaccine, stoke the fires of the anti-vaxxers or be accused of spreading FUD, but take it was you will. 

All medicines, vaccines and treatments carry some risk of side effects, affecting different people differently so with 2 or 3 cases of temporary blindness out of the millions that have taken the vaccine the odds are in our favour. I've not heard any cases where the side effect was suddenly being able to play the piano, but there's always a chance, however slim!

Signature not working...

My wife had the Pfizer jab yesterday, was tired pretty much immediately after it. Her mother and aunt both felt this way. Seemingly also common to feel a little ill afterwards, especially the second jab.

As said, no issue and won't stop me getting it. Risks very low against the alternatives.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Just had ours done at Maidstone.  A very efficient process. They really seem to have it well planned and organised even booking in the 2nd jab as part of the process.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

And yet when I pointed out the behaviour of a Police Officer, who lives with his grandparents, who came in for a shift AFTER his grandfather tested positive for COVID, you had a go at me for having a go at the Police!  (IIRC).  Double standards or what?

I believe I mentioned not to tar everyone with one persons stupid mistakes. "I am ignoring such negativity when one in 100,000 officers acts foolishly". And you are right, I will call anyone out who does so. I don't blame you for wanting independence for Scotland because you live there and If one person at the business you work at was an idiot and broke the law I wouldn't even mention it as that has nothing to do with your profession nor you and everything to do with one person being a cock womble.

It is not in any way double standards to state that I expect people to adhere to the Law or the spirit of the law because I genuinely believe so, no matter who it is and what uniform they wear.  Infact the Police are held to much higher standards than anyone or virtually any other profession. 

I also understand that sometimes the law is difficult to understand with the ever changing COVID rules and that is often taken into account. I for one have had to seek clarification of the rules on Bubbles just to look after my Granddaughter. Until the rule was clarified 100% I didn't allow her to come round or stay the night. Now I know we can have a childcare bubble to allow my Daughter to work then I have allowed my little munchkin round. No matter how much we wanted to see her I wouldn't allow it till I knew for certain it was allowed. Therefore is it double standards that I would expect similar from anyone? No. The fact that some Officers may break the rules does not reflect on me as I am not them. Likewise it doesn't reflect on any other Officer, despite your attempt at trying to tar a whole profession from one example. And yes, I know there have been several others as well. They were all doing themselves and the job a disservice and have correctly been disciplined and fined as would any other person from any walk of life.

My argument was that we are friends and you know what I do, albeit part time, and I felt that this was both aimed at me and the profession I love and that does so much good in a time when everyone needs to take stock of what is important and stand up for it. I felt it to be disingenuous and not what i would expect from a friend. Now lets move on and get back to the subject at hand. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Nice to see the EU showing their true colours now.  I wonder what queen Nicola thinks of the EU wanting to pinch vaccinations ? 

And folks thought Maggie was bad with school milk.

Only here once