Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 173 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe I should of used a less extreme example, like the HPV Vaccine for boys that helps protect girls/women from cancer.

Great point - you will note that it’s not compulsory. It was also initially just for girls - it has taken some effort to let boys have this. 

Only here once

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Maybe time the government suggested doing that? They could also remove treatment rights for those whom are obese as well? As it’s their choice to be fat?

True, as both you and I commented above, it will divert resource from others who need it. The problem is if you start withdrawing treatment for specific conditions that are self inflicted then where do you stop - most things can be tracked back to "self infliction" depending upon how far you go with the root cause.

Exercise being a good example - withdraw treatment if you don't because you are unfit, withdraw treatment if you do because you are increasing the risk of injuring yourself (by playing football/rubgy/running/skiing or DIY etc).

So basically you'd only treat anything that was hereditary.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Colin P said:

True, as both you and I commented above, it will divert resource from others who need it. The problem is if you start withdrawing treatment for specific conditions that are self inflicted then where do you stop

And when you start compulsory vaccines policy - where do you stop with that? 

it’s the removal of personal choice and the effective punishment of house arrest I have a real issue with.

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

it’s the removal of personal choice and the effective punishment of house arrest I have a real issue with.

1st para - fair comment and in answer to that opinions are going to vary, clearly.

2nd one, I don't support compulsory vaccinations in general, but with all things there are consequences. We are not talking about virtual house arrest here (I'm not going into Austria and France). In all but the most extreme cases (and as far as the UK is concerned) there is a removal of some liberties if you don't get vaccinated.

So basically "these are the high risk environments for those around you, so if you don't get vaccinated we will prevent you from going to these specific high risk locations in order to protect those around you"

This is very different from House arrest and also from compulsory vaccinations.

Personal choice - get vaccinated and go to these places. Don't and you can't.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Been shopping in Sainsbury's today, and only spotted 2 people not wearing masks, compared to a few days ago, there were around 1/3 not wearing them in Tesco's.  (What an exciting life ..)

With regard to personal choice - how far do you extend it, can I choose to drive on the other side of the road, can I drive in excess of the speed limit.... Well we have laws for the greater good, so if those we elected passed laws do we all obey by them.. So if the UK/ England passed a law that only those who were double jabbed (possibly with a booster as well) can't go in non essential shops - how many would conform or not.

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Surely then, in the belief of personal choice, you must agree with compulsory vaccines for certain workers to continue in their jobs.

Take care workers as an example, yes it is their choice no to be vaccinated but, if I was in a care home or needing care, it must also be my choice not to be dealt with by an unvaccinated person.

It becomes a vicious circle so at some point common sense has to prevail over the “it’s my right” brigade.

Interesting also though that Germany, with their insistence on keeping the European Court of Human Rights are prepared to ignore it.

EU rules ok😂

• Haha 1

Ok, so you're for freedom of choice @Barrykearley. Fine. So you no jabby you need to inform people of your choice when you meet them. So maybe where a badge "im a jab vigilante" or something. That way I can make an informed decision re the risk that you pose to me and my health 

The issue, which I agree is a tricky one, is that choice is two way - you can choose to not be pricked, but if you don't inform me somehow you have taken away my right choose re my assessment of the risk".

I'd never be a fan of a big brother state, but there is not a simple answer here - as ever....

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Interesting also though that Germany, with their insistence on keeping the European Court of Human Rights are prepared to ignore it.

Germany have always ignored people’s human rights in the last century - they hold little regard for the laws and are interested only when it suits.

3 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Surely then, in the belief of personal choice, you must agree with compulsory vaccines for certain workers to continue in their jobs

The context of that is real now - if you wish to be a surgeon - then you must have certain vaccines. I get that - anyone in that situation has choice. What we have now is a government that has essentially pitted the vaccinated against those whom are unvaccinated. Almost to the point where we are going to have modern day segregation - can you not see how that’s going to end.

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

So maybe where a badge "im a jab vigilante" or something. That way I can make an informed decision re the risk that you pose to me and my health 

And you would also need to disclose all your personal relevant medical notes 🙄

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

And you would also need to disclose all your personal relevant medical notes 🙄

Nope. Now you're just getting silly to make a point. I normally do that ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

As a reality check, covid is only really dangerous to the elderly or vulnerable. We have other diseases which are the same, how many old folks die of flu or pneumonia each year and there's no compulsory requirements for those infected people, you can come and go as you please, unvaccinated and with no masks or social distancing.

It's down to people to realise they're unwell and avoid people unless they want to infect them and if that person it old or unwell, potentially kill them. I'm triple jabbed, wear a mask again now in shops and don't want to catch it, but I'm not sure compulsory vaccination is required. We're 90% vaccinated now too, what are the numbers required for herd immunity again?

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2514

Oh, this is a moral dilemma, but whilst I generally agree with you on this (it's the person's choice etc), for me there is one thing that pushes me to the contra view. That's the NHS and it's obligation to treat those irrespective of immunisation status. If the moral obligation to treat didn't exist and so non-inoculated wouldn't take up spaces preventing other critical treatment then I think I'd agree that there's no need to mandate inoculation in order to go places. Since that obligation to treat does exist, then don't we have to do something to try and minimise the cases that take resources away from things like major surgery where an ICU bed is needed post surgery? 

We mandated seatbelts, those (for front seats) only safeguard the wearer, and that was to reduce the number of deaths & serious injuries overall. There are circumstances where the seatbelt can worsen the situation yet they are mandated, so why not COVID-19 inoculation?

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

Do I recall correctly - that many months ago - the registration of who had which jab (if any) was defnietley "NOT GOING TO BE USED AS A COVID PASSPORT" citation "Boris et. al."?

BTW - can't wait to continue the conversations at tomorow's TLF Christmas party🤮

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Nope. Now you're just getting silly to make a point. I normally do that ;)

😂 I hear once they have made cv vaccines compulsory that anyone whom voted labour won’t be allowed out to work - shouldn’t be an issue anyway though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

21 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Surely then, in the belief of personal choice, you must agree with compulsory vaccines for certain workers to continue in their jobs.

Take care workers as an example, yes it is their choice no to be vaccinated but, if I was in a care home or needing care, it must also be my choice not to be dealt with by an unvaccinated person.

It becomes a vicious circle so at some point common sense has to prevail over the “it’s my right” brigade.

EU rules ok😂

There are already some jobs where vaccination is required (not COVID) You don't want a surgeon giving you Hepatitis B for example. Of course Hepatitis B isn't political!

• Gold FFM

What I find amazing is folks whom mention the uncontrolled damage we are doing as an overpopulated species on the planet - and then moaning like drains when Mother Nature kicks back - albeit with the assistance of the PRC

Don’t even get me started on the nhs continuing to “save” folks whom have absolutely no quality of life and frankly should be left to pass over peacefully

• Like 2

Only here once

11 minutes ago, Colin P said:

exposing the vulnerable. 

exposing the vulnerable should be inconceivable . 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Colin P said:

Best not get onto the question of population control. It could all become very politically incorrect. That said population control needs to happen before conception, not by exposing the vulnerable. 

Careful some may crack out the tin foil and bring up the anti-vaxxing rhetoric.

• Like 1

Only here once

9 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

In nature - the lion always eats the most vulnerable zebra.

Humans have been doing that for years. It's called the class system were the few get fat by feeding off the many.

• Haha 1

The small print.