Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 178 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

1 minute ago, Colin P said:

Exactly how does Worcestershire qualify as "South"? It's well north of the Thames

It's south England. Anything south of the Thames is basically France. Full of whining, petulant ..............

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

23 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Anything above Birmingham is the norf round here

I thought the north started at Watford gap (- not Watford in Hertfordshire)

• Like 1

There are two Watford's? Oh Jesus.... Thank fook there is only one Elton John though....

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Colin P said:

Exactly how does Worcestershire qualify as "South"? It's well north of the Thames

It doesn't qualify - for anything . It's Worcestershire.

The point is/was/maybe - irresponsible reporting, with erroneous/dubious/refuted "Tales from the Unexpected" information, which has no relevance to the issue at hand. (Bit like this post, then). 

SNAFU

• Haha 1

The "Official" line is meant to be the Watford Gap but then that makes most Midlanders, Northerners and as a Proud Midlander I won't be having that! Mixing with such Northern Oafs and Southern Oiks is bad enough.....don't get me started on Jocks.... but being called one is just an insult!

Back to the thread. Chances of a locksdown after Christmas day? Think the betting shops won't give you any odds.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

22-1?  I guess that's considered a round number where you're from.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The Watford Gap dividing line is not far wrong. I was brought up in Market Harborough, which is at the extreme South end of Leicestershire. My family and I always pronounced words like “grass”, “basket”, “bath” etc. in the Northern way.

However I went to school just a few miles further South in Northamptonshire, where everyone pronounced these words in the Southern way, with the “a” pronounced more as “ar”.

My wife’s family is from that same area of Northamptonshire and went to the same school as me. She still comments when I pronounce the above words with a short “a”.

So yes.

Leicestershire and above = North.

Northamptonshire and below = South.

• Like 1

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/omicron-symptoms-rather-different-to-previous-strains-uk-government-scientist-says

Early symptoms of omicron are 'cough, fatigue, congestion and runny nose' which different to earlier strains. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Queen cancels pre-Christmas family lunch as Omicron surges, so won't be going there this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59683343

Unfortunately the way the government presents it's covid data leaves a lot to be desired.

It is hard to make a direct comparison between the number of tests and the number of positive results due to the way the government gives out it's data but you can see on the attached picture that over the last month the percentage of positive results has remained fairly consistently between about 4% to 5.5%.
UK_tests_vs_positive_result.jpg

IMO the current high number of cases doesn't quite give the same 'shock' value when put into a better context.

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

Unfortunately the way the government presents it's covid data leaves a lot to be desired.

Understatement of the last 21 months! How about "Total mis-representation" ?

Maybe "BBC Barry" would like to comment?

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Dunno @thebartman I’ve watched the bbc a few times this week - I’m now in the middle of a ptsd breakdown and have screwed all the doors shut in the house. Thankfully I’ve enough carbon to filter our drinking water through - and am then boiling it to make sure it’s safe to drink.

we are all doomed - the end of the world is nigh

Can you let me know once the apocalypse is over?

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Have you seen the TV series The 100?

Did start to watch that some years ago - I’m currently binge watching the 1970s series “survivors” which is proper wooden and amusing.

• Like 1

Only here once

1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

Did start to watch that some years ago - I’m currently binge watching the 1970s series “survivors” which is proper wooden and amusing.

dads windmill is used in the filming of survivors !!!!

• Love 1