Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 200 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

14 hours ago, Bibs said:

Condiment delivery vs controlling global pandemic. 

Not sure they could have used wood to be honest. Get your point but it's not really relevant in the bigger picture here IMO. 

There are strict legal packaging laws for medicines and tests that involve hazardous substances, slightly different as you say to TK!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

58 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

There are strict legal packaging laws for medicines and tests that involve hazardous substances, slightly different as you say to TK!

And where do you actually think all this hazardous waste is going? Yup - straight in most folks kitchen bin and straight to landfill.

I can only imagine the savings in plastic had these strips been dispensed just like the hospital pregnancy test dip sticks. What’s actually inside them flow tests really ain’t that different

Only here once

49 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

And where do you actually think all this hazardous waste is going? Yup - straight in most folks kitchen bin and straight to landfill.

I can only imagine the savings in plastic had these strips been dispensed just like the hospital pregnancy test dip sticks. What’s actually inside them flow tests really ain’t that different

So how would you have packaged it then ?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Restrictions are indeed going now by the looks.

Boris has no moral authority to stand over any further restrictions either. 
The sneaky new laws they were attempting to pass have fallen at the House of Lords. It is indeed looking more and more like we can finally get back to proper daily life. 

meanwhile in Israel they are having more problems.

• Like 1

Only here once

Interesting data today. This may explain why the Scottish and Welsh stricter restrictions had little or no effect, people are choosing to act responsibly anyway - which is after all what the government asked people to do. 

It would be interesting to see the same data (if it exists) for other countries, France springs to mind, where cases and hospitalisations are much higher.

Chart showing mixing patterns

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Restrictions are indeed going now by the looks.

Boris has no moral authority to stand over any further restrictions either. 
The sneaky new laws they were attempting to pass have fallen at the House of Lords. It is indeed looking more and more like we can finally get back to proper daily life. 

meanwhile in Israel they are having more problems.

More problems ? The way you write that it sounds like you are scaremongering ?

If by 'sneaky new laws' do you mean the widely reported and discussed (on BBC News 24, Today Programme, BBC Website etc) Bill?

Crime bill: Lords defeats for government's protest clamp-down plans - BBC News

2 hours ago, SFO said:

Good news that should be celebrated. Omicron has made a huge difference, partly because of it's own lower virulence and partly because it's far greater transmissibility means it has wiped out the dangerous delta variant in effect. Big changes in hospitalisations and deaths compared to earlier strains.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sailorbob said:

Unfortunately the positivity rate is climbing again after previously peaking around the New Year. Time will tell whether it's a blip or a trend. I added the 7 day average column because of the erratic reporting over the holiday period.

Covid_test_vs_positives_220119.JPG

Something looks flaky in the 19/01/22 figures for 7 day average? Doesn't seem to make sense when you see the 19th has a much lower positivity rate itself.

Anti-vax protests: ‘Sovereign citizens’ fight UK Covid vaccine rollout - BBC News

I was criticised a while back for describing some people as 'nutters' - Would somebody like to suggest a more suitable term for the above ?

I would much prefer people to be vaccinated, and would encourage it, but there is no forced vaccination in the UK. Quite why some people feel they have the right to actively stop people being vaccinated is beyond me. They fight for their 'rights' but try to deny others theirs.

ONS data is suggesting that true cases of 'omicron' were probably 3 times higher than 'official' figures. This is because official figures are only from those coming forward for testing rather than the statistical sample generating ONS figures. This completely correlates with the percentage positivity rates in the earlier posts which showed many more cases were being missed. This also ties in with the explosive spread at the time and shows how much less virulent omicron fortunately is. Of course nobody knew this for sure in early December - if 'omicron' had been as virulent as 'delta' it would have been catastrophic.

The good news is that as predicted, pretty much everybody has been exposed to 'omicron' (unless you live under a stone) so the case numbers and hospital admissions will drop sharply now. The vaccine booster was key to riding this out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gregs24 said:

Anti-vax protests: ‘Sovereign citizens’ fight UK Covid vaccine rollout - BBC News

I was criticised a while back for describing some people as 'nutters' - Would somebody like to suggest a more suitable term for the above ?

It's a tricky one for sure, but after careful consideration,  I'm going with 'stupid wankers'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Who knew that the breakfast cereal Fruit Loops that children love could morph into real live human beings?

That's about as believable as what they are on about.

Actually more believable.

My grandson (Alicia's son) is 9. That age can have the vaccine in Australia now before school returns. Alicia wants him to get it, even after Alicia reacted quite badly to her injections. The father does not want to get him vaccinated as all of this is fake.

Alicia won the battle and Logan said ok. Call terminated and then the father rings his brother in WA and they get into a deep & meaningful about the vaccinations etc. Logan hears the entire conversation between his father and brother where there amassed knowledge of medicine (how to take Panadol) makes Logan decide in his 9 years of being alive wisdom, that the vaccine is bad and does not want it again.

Alicia even asked why Logan's father did not mind Logan getting vaccinated when he was born against whooping cough etc. Answer: Those have been around longer. Doesn't make them manufactured 40 years ago when nanochips were not posited.

As Alicia said last night, she works in a swabbing and vaccinating clinic. Logan lives at home here with us every second week. Alicia's partner works at the very primary school that Logan attends. So if Logan catches the virus, he could quite conceivably bring it home to his mother, Liz and I. Alicia could then take it to work, Liz to the shops, myself to where I work. Alicia to her partner and he, back to the primary school. Alicia also told us about the Australia Post StarTrack employee that delivered all of their order of PPE on Thursday, who happened to mention to Alicia for some reason that he had tested positive via PCR test the day before. Alicia slammed the door on him and the delivery and would not sign for the delivery. Alicia's manager came out to find out what was going on and promptly went back into her office, got on the phone and went ballistic at someone in Australia Post.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 21/01/2022 at 15:35, gregs24 said:

Something looks flaky in the 19/01/22 figures for 7 day average?

Yep, you are right. Excel decided to add about 14 days instead of 7 days when cut and pasting the formula for that day, it should have been about 6.xx %.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So the government instructed an individual to do a full open investigation as to parties at no 10 - and now they are considering what parts of it to redact and not publish. You simply couldn’t make it up.9827518E-C540-451E-A4E7-6A06E055840B.thumb.jpeg.e885d9592f77e0555419b7dabd251ee4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So now my grandson and his unvaccinated father have both tested positive. Isolating at his fathers home (2 other adults and three other children. All positive) and Logan will miss the first few days of school next week. I wonder if the father will still think it is fake after this?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I've thought about that as well. The only way for him to change his mind would be the dreadfully unwell scenario.

What is the stance of most countries after having caught Covid? Still get vaccinated afterward or does that preclude you from requiring to be vaccinated?

• Gold FFM
On 20/01/2022 at 20:48, SFO said:

Is it just me or is this missing a piece of information?

How many of these people would have been admitted to hospital if they had NOT caught Covid? i.e. Covid was a contributing factor to cause a hospitalisation.

Statistics.

Well just dropping in after time serenely spent away from the horses&*t, and still on it goes . . .

Questing for insight I have come to hold the view that what all this illuminates for those who will look clearly is how widespread the psychological frailties of people have become. This is what connects insurrectionists in America with anti-vax whackjobs - they have reached a breaking point in coping and have since gone utterly sideways into the dingly dell. Out for a long stroll the other day found ourselves approaching a mob of some 1-2000 bozos raving on in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Had a merry time laughing loudly and gesturing as we made our way by. At coffee just 2 blocks on from that we watched 1 young crusader roll up in his hatchback and undertake a public 5 minute workout, known otherwise to most of us as parallel parking. Side windows adorned with such treats as , " Trudeau is a Commie pedo ", and "Let's go Brandon".

Pitiful.