Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 36 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Unfortunately Barry when purchase tax was the norm there was income tax as well and instead of having one rate of purchase tax every thing was different and somethings had zero tax i.e a wardrobe with a back had tax but one without had zero tax so we started making built in wardrobes using the wall as the back. Any good ,simple idea on tax will soon be f####d up and make complicated by government

Made complicated by Government, or as a result of people trying to legally play the system to reduce their task.

When you go to some places in the EU there is a reason so many house are unfinished without a roof sand rebars stuck out of concrete columns. They don't pay tax until the house has a roof!

So the issue is not government as they are always playing catch-up to those who, err, stretch the rules. 

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Another week of so of doing tedious shite for the wife

Some people like sex Barry!  hahahaha

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

In Poland I believe the tax is due when the house is painted, so there are lots of unpainted houses :lol:

Whereas in the UK you buy a new house and pay all the taxes and then watch it fall apart around you within 18 months....

• Haha 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, Hello Paul said:

Nope. Just no. You going to start on faked moon landings next?

This is the wrong place for this discussion but it started years ago with this ever hear of "climate gate" this is one of the investigations done by an independent. on the IPCC original hockey stick graph.

The IPCC term of reference were only to show AGW. A second question what controls the earth temperature the SUN or C02

Am I the only one that thought going for a walk was like playing Pac-Man. Keep crossing the road to avoid the ghosts coming the other way. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

52 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Am I the only one

:thumbup::lol:

Just had an email from the NHS Volunteering people saying it's 2-7 days to verify ID and volunteering will start after the 31st March. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ah! I'll send that to a friend (the one with the broken down 911 chaos car), who are looking for one of these, and because of the current situation, he cannot go see the ones for sale. Should keep him occupied for ½ hour.

Thanks,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/1976-lotus-esprit-s1-paper-car-free-vehicle-paper-model-download.html

Don't waste your time with a Ford Focus in a dress - kame a proper car!

Roger Moore cut outs available separately!

P1259.zip

• Thanks 2

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

15 hours ago, march said:

Perhaps the Spanish police have this approach right

The thing is, in this country, we don't have a Paramilitary Police like everywhere else in Europe and mostly the world.  It's why we aren't armed and we rely on the goodwill and desire by the majority of the public to obey laws, instead of enforcing it by strength or powers. 

We Police by Consent of the Public and therefore our powers and approach tend to be different to that of our Cousins from abroad. (It's interesting to see where this comes from if you have any spare time).

That being said, when life and limb is at risk Police have more than enough powers and the new emergency measures will allow Police to do more of what you see European Police doing. Up till now Police just didn't have the powers to stop people having the freedom of movement or gathering outside. It's really important people understand that and don't blame the Police.

Plus, to be honest, look at it this way.

1. In France 200,000 Police were deployed immediately to keep the Peace and keep people inside
2. The French have 21500 Municiple Police, 145,000 National Police and 98,000 Gendarmerie & military Police to police 60 million or so people. French Military Police have jurisdiction over the Public
3. Spanish Police have the Civil Guard, Municiple Police AND National Police all with different jurisdictions but covering, in total about 200,000 or more Officers to Police 44 Million people
4. The British have 123,000 Police combined and 12,000 Special Constables to police 60 million people, which is a considerable amount less. British Military Police do not have jurisdiction over the public.
5. The Italian Police have 325,000 Municiple, Carabinieri, Polizia and Guardia (The latter you normally see at Airports etc but they have Police powers over the Public) to police 60 million people and is the largest Police per Capita in Europe.

Frankly put. If the country goes into lock down the Police will struggle to man the 3 Shifts effectively. Which is why you hear of Officers being redeployed from other things like Desk jobs, control rooms, Training roles etc.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
On 25/03/2020 at 05:09, RobinB5 said:

As crappy as the interest rate rise is, it was decided some months before Covid19:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51278036

I got this yesterday - felt it was a bit like a drug dealer offering a freebie 

30EDC8F6-C987-4F3E-97D6-D13E3DE861A0.thumb.png.e8e77de8164b9b74ac16cb6d9f764b48.png

Only here once

• Gold FFM

A peer reviewed journal article from 2007 (Clinical Microbiology Reviews), with the catchy title "SARS-CoV AS AN AGENT OF EMERGING/REEMERGING INFECTION"

https://sci-hub.si/10.1128/CMR.00023-07

contains the rather telling paragraph:

Coronaviruses are well known to undergo genetic recombination (375), which may lead to new genotypes and outbreaks. The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb. The possibility of the reemergence of SARS and other novel viruses from animals or laboratories and therefore the need for preparedness should not be ignored.

I'm sure that there might have been other ways Covid-19 could have entered our population, eating bats maybe didn't help though.

• Like 1

There is a Chinese Virologist who is based in Wuhan who is called the Bat woman or similar. She has spent nigh on the past 20 years exploring bat caves and bat populations, trapping bats and taking blood and other samples. She has identified a startling number of viruses that Bats seem to play host to, some of them much more nasty and aggressive than CV19.  It seems that in Europe we used to always blame rats for spreading diseases (when most of time it was really bad human hygiene standards) whereas the truth is that it is bats that are the super conductors in all of this.

There is a reason epidemics of this natures, including SARS etc, seem to originate from the same region of the planet and that has to be down to the practices of what people will eat and how humans and birds etc are living basically on top of each other in very cramped circumstances.

There will be more. We've had bird flu, next will be bat flu, etc...

The small print.

10 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Bats are better protected in the UK than humans.

Try renovating a barn hey @Barrykearley

What do they taste like? And should I drink a claret or a frisky Malbec Rose' with them?

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

What do they taste like? And should I drink a claret or a frisky Malbec Rose' with them?

Best dipped in garlic butter so I’m told

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Fantastic effort from Dyson. Just proves that this country has not yet lost its super smart engineering innovators:  

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/dyson-james-ventilator-covent-coronavirus-government-a4398026.html

• Like 1

Bloody brilliant. We are always great when backs are against the wall.

The small print.

8 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Has Dyson got the manufacturing facilities to make these since most of their manufacturing appears to be done in Asia?

They have said that the devices will be assembled at their location in Wiltshire, at the old RAF base they have there. The key "motor" component will be shipped in from the factory in Singapore where they have stock and capacity currently.

The small print.