Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 40 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

@johnpwalsh Hi John, how’s things?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

In these times of lockdown, people get a little creative, just to go outside for a bit and take a short walk. Here are two funny examples:

In Romania, people are also in lockdown, and there are no busses, trains or tramvai's (railcar). and you need a certificate to be allowed to leave your home and take a short walk, with say the dog. If you don't have a propper paper, you'll be heavily fined. So, I just heard from friends there, that a man living with his family 50 km's from a larger town, went on his horse and rode 50 km's to the towns hospital, to visit his wife and new born. He didn't get fined by the police, as they thought he did not pose a risk to others.;)

Another man thought he needed a little bit of fresh air, so he filled a small plastic bag with water, slipped one of his aquarie fish into the plastic bag and holding it in the hand, he went for a short walk. The police didn't give him a fine. ;)

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

On our walk today (which was even shorter than normal due to it blowing a good northerly down here), we saw three dog owners walking together in a group, and a bloke who’d driven to the park to take his dog for a walk. Not as bad as some areas, but it it’s clear that some people are still not getting the message, or think the advice doesn’t apply to them.

Margate Exotics.

13 hours ago, ramjet said:

I'm puzzled or I have not understood things?

I thought air travel was basically a no-go now other than flights that were getting people home?

Maybe I am looking at historical data playing on here?

https://www.flightradar24.com/7.28,87.14/2

That map IS usually more crowded. My daughter works for BA and she left this morning crewing a 9 day trip to Singapore from Heathrow. I think a lot of it still is repatriation flights to get people home.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It is amazing how  they seem to be able to write in English but not understand it.     No I am being unkind    they really cant be that thick, perhaps its a google translate f**k up and they really meant something else.

No they are just complete and utter selfish stoopid numb fooks. End of. Time to stop making excuses for them.

On a lighter note been converting junk old pallets into wheeled storage boxes for garage - easier to move stuff around, make space etc. Self Isolation ain't too bad really. Even got the boy out of his bed doing jobs too.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh Dear! - A jobsworth Metropolitan Police officer has been filmed threatening to fine a bakery employee for drawing temporary lines on the pavement to help customers queue at a safe distance from each other.

Some Police are getting this so wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am sorry but in my very humble opinion that officer is an absolute knob. Has he really got nothing better to do? Next he'll be giving small kids a ticket for chalking that block game on the pavement where they throw a stone on to a number square. It really is idiots in the force like this that spoil it for the many officers who really do make a difference in what they do.

He needs a stiff talking to by his Superior officer. No common sense at all. I'm sure @Kimberswill be along to tell me I should  go easy on him though as he is only doing his job! :).

• Like 2

The small print.

17 hours ago, red vtec said:

I live near Southend airport, it’s been very quite but with the odd plane taking off. Also live under the flight paths into London as they go down the Thames, a huge drop in the number of aircraft, not seen any vapour trails for about a week now. 

So do i, in Eastwood. Didnt realise i had another Esprit owner nearby!

• Gold FFM

Clearly the sergeants' exam is a lot easier to pass these days and having an ounce of common sense actually puts you at a disadvantage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, march said:

Oh Dear! - A jobsworth Metropolitan Police officer has been filmed threatening to fine a bakery employee for drawing temporary lines on the pavement to help customers queue at a safe distance from each other.

Some Police are getting this so wrong.

Well I think the bakery should send a complaint in about him - and I hope the local press highlight it - although I guess not many people are getting local papers at the moment!?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The cops have added some black dye to a lake in the Peaks to make it less Instagrammable!! Great use of resources! 

They did it in the hope that people will be less likely to travel there and congregate, which if it saves many trips to keep dispersing people that could save resources.

Clemo, are they going to put a blanket over Big Ben and hide all the palaces and every other attractions? All they've done is made it an object of curiosity that more people are likely to going to want to see now, it's not very smart. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

30 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Clemo, are they going to put a blanket over Big Ben and hide all the palaces and every other attractions? All they've done is made it an object of curiosity that more people are likely to going to want to see now, it's not very smart. 

If you saw the live air pictures of London today, it's dead. Nobody is there looking at the attractions

The small print.