Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Newbie looking for an evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newbie looking for an evora

Hughesy83

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have been very much into my hot Renault/Alpines and currently own a Clio v6 ph2 but with the arrival of our new baby girl I am in need of a vehicle with rear seats. So the Clio has to go sadly!

So I am doing my research into the lotus evora and I think it’s the one for me. My budget is modest £25k so will be a NA car. Would love a dark green one but with my budget I will not be fussy and will look for the most loved car I can find.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry too much about spec, though, sports pack is a must for many. As you say buy on condition. Miles not a problem either, you should be able to get a decent S1 NA for budget and it's all the car you'll need, don't lose faith if you need to be a little patient. There aren't many of them about.

Good luck with the search!

Welcome. Lotus and Renault are a good fit. Lightweight and honed for driving. And back in business together as in the 80s, this time for road cars.

Evora NA is one of the truly great road cars, of any marque. 

Lots of buying info on TLF, use search facility.

I've never driven a Clio V6 - I hope to one day. Bonkers that they even made it. 

Justin 

Interesting re V6. 

Fast Renaults are a blast - Twingo 133 a hidden gem, much overlooked.

I am sure you will adore Evora when you find one. I thought it would be good but was surprised how good they are. 

Justin 

Wow a clio V6, i bet that is mad as a box of frogs!

I think £25,000 will get you a very nice NA.

Research the Tech Packs and sport packs to make sure you get what you want. I have seen launch editions (All the goodies throw in) with reasonable miles for that price.

I am sure you will find one that stirs your soul!

They are not bad at all, the ph2 was much improved but really it’s all down to tyres. Put some modern sticky rubber on and it’s fine, but in the wet I wouldn’t be 100% committed. In the dry though the grip is very good. Suspension is a bit jiggly on harsh roads but you can cruse about in it with good comfort. It will hit over 150mph all day long but I would imagine that may feel a bit scary without any weight in the front!!😂

Welcome Hughesy I came into Evora ownership from a Ph.2 Clio v6 myself 😀, the Vee is a very special car indeed.

The Evora is a great choice to move onto, it’s easier to drive quickly than the Vee, certainly not as raw it’s a bit quicker but not night and day difference performance wise.

Good luck with selling your Vee 👍, I sold mine on v6clio.net really quickly 😎

I'm quite amazed at the cross over between Renault Sport and Lotus owners. Perhaps I shouldnt be, as both focus on driver involvement above all else.

Funny you mention the attention the V6 Clio gets. I was at a private car event with lots of really nice stuff and a Clio V6 had far more attention than everything there, including a Ferrari 488 Pista.

I have a regular RS Clio III and finally pick up my Evora on Monday. So excited. 😃

• Like 2