Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Who will buy a 131? - Page 7 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Who will buy a 131?

PAR

On 03/05/2021 at 18:37, Gashead1105 said:

My V6 exige was 350hp and was 60k (including options) brand new in 2015. Final edition exige is 400hp for 70k. Don't see why they can't improve on that given economies of scale but perhaps I'm missing something. Anyway, all will be revealed later in the year. 

I think you are missing 7 years of inflation, at normal rate of (2%) that is 15%. So 10k there. And there was a quite huge price hike recently of everything, so we are probably talking at least 20-30% realistic inflation. Add bazillion of ECUs cars now require to meet all safety regulations. And at last, lets not forget that GBP lost 15% compared to EUR due to brexit drama in last few years. You can start to see that 20k price difference for a same car is quite realistic from 2015 to now

Edited by Inversed

On 03/05/2021 at 21:33, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I think when the world gets to see the Emira a lot of these statistical comparisons will go out of the window. When you look at a Cayman, it really is a bland design for a mid-engined sports car and it’s been around for donkeys years, so surely it’s time for something special to take some sales off it.

Main issue is that the cayman doesn’t really sell... so taking some sales of it won’t be much. Need to widen the appeal.

Edited by PAR

Was talking to Connor at Central Lotus yesterday, CL are taking and have taken a number of deposits so I assume in answer to @PARoriginal post a good number of people are buying the Emira 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 03/05/2021 at 15:07, Beady said:

Whoooaaa - in showrooms July 21 ?? I was expecting July 22 as they’re always late 

Not sure how dealers ars going to have demo Emira's. Lotus are building the last of Elise, Exige and Evora till the end of the year. There is also 130 of the Evija to build. I was told deliveries if Emira will start March 2022, with dealers unlikely to get demo cars due to huge demand for Emira.

1 hour ago, Karl M Roberts said:

Not sure how dealers ars going to have demo Emira's. Lotus are building the last of Elise, Exige and Evora till the end of the year. There is also 130 of the Evija to build. I was told deliveries if Emira will start March 2022, with dealers unlikely to get demo cars due to huge demand for Emira.

Evija is being built in a separate building by a seperate team 

To my knowledge new Evora build stopped or just about stopped. Elise and Exige almost now done too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Evija is being built in a separate building by a seperate team 

To my knowledge new Evora build stopped or just about stopped. Elise and Exige almost now done too.

I got an Email 2 months ago saying the order book was now closed for the 3 current cars, these will be built till the end of the year.

Yes, based on the industrial plan, any emirs shown in July is a prototype, not even a pre production as there isn’t a production line.

Maybe, they will get virtual reality outfits to see the car like MCLaren with the Artura. 

I was told yesterday  no demo cars until  April  next year but a show car will be touring  dealers later this year,  similar  to what Lotus  did with the Evija 

Edited by marcfair

Hope they build more than 1 for the tour, as the world tour of the Evija seemed to be just the one. I would have thought they would need at least 1 just for the UK, depending on what versions there may be.

• 2 weeks later...

So how many of us Lotus fanboys, have either a letter of intent or a deposit down on the Emira; yes and still nearly a couple of months to go till we learn the full details.

We have put our deposit down at Central Lotus

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• Gold FFM

Have had a deposit down for a while now.  Looking forward to the 6 July reveal and a day at Goodwood on 8 July.

• Like 2

The Lotus feature in the current Evo talks about prototypes already going down the new production line. I assume this means they are in the 'how do we build this thing' stage so production by the end of the year seems entirely feasible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2021 at 20:58, DarrylV8 said:

So how many of us Lotus fanboys, have either a letter of intent or a deposit down on the Emira; yes and still nearly a couple of months to go till we learn the full details.

We have put our deposit down at Central Lotus

Me to, i put my deposit down in January at Lotus Silverstone. Can't wait to see it, own it and track it, as i did with my Elise.

49 minutes ago, Karl M Roberts said:

So how many of us Lotus fanboys, have either a letter of intent or a deposit down on the Emira

Another here which at times seems rediculous, because I've never bought a car that I have never seen/driven/sat in/touched/smelled in my life before. What is it about the Emira that makes it different? If I think about it too much its both scary and exciting. No doubt there will be aspects of the Emira that disappoint some but will it deter them, probably not. 

• Like 2

I can't see Emira being a bad car, seeing that it is the last petrol engined car they are going to make. On of the customer service ladies called it a mini Evija, so it is going to look amazing. Also the 1st customer for Elise S1 had not seen it or no name for it when he put his deposit down. That turned out ok i would say.

• Gold FFM

And the same for the Evora, many Launch Editions bought by people who put deposits down with almost no info.  Then it won Evo Car of the Year.

• Like 2

Well, it is not the end of the world.

All of the deposits are refundable.

I assume we will be able to see the car, nee even drive it before we have to commit.

By the way, with Lotus, typically what are the next steps in terms of a bigger deposit, letter of intent, etc?

i.e. when will they empty my pockets next? 😬

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

You'll have a better shot at driving car if that is a reality at all before buyers in the States.  I would expect at Goodwood, there will be some drives by the right press or famous drivers to promote the car and keep the conversation alive. 

I don't expect a demo car in the States before production starts.  Probably the same routine as they did with the 400; just drive it dealer to dealer.  In a way, that was the coolest thing to show how robust and useful the Evora is. 

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

2 hours ago, brightoncorgi said:

You'll have a better shot at driving car if that is a reality at all before buyers in the States.  I would expect at Goodwood, there will be some drives by the right press or famous drivers to promote the car and keep the conversation alive. 

I don't expect a demo car in the States before production starts.  Probably the same routine as they did with the 400; just drive it dealer to dealer.  In a way, that was the coolest thing to show how robust and useful the Evora is. 

Yeah, I hear ya. I expect to see the Goodwood cars being shown around the UK but demonstrators might not be for months afterwards. 

Weirdly, I am not actually too bothered about the driving of it. Well, for me it is buying into the brand and how it looks. I will take for granted that it will drive brilliantly.

I.e. If I never to get to actually drive one but am happy with others' comments, the looks and the options then I am sold anyway.  As much I 'should' support McLaren I just cannot buy one due to sound - and they were a bit bland to drive as well, relatively speaking, in aural terms.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel