Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New lotus exige owner! :) - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New lotus exige owner! :)

Forthedrive

Hi guys, I've done a deal on my first lotus moving over from a BMW Z4M Coupe. The Z4M was a very special car but I wanted something a little more raw and connected. Lotus did it for me and I made the move to buy one last weekend. Just waiting for the car to be prepped and hopefully will collect it in a couple weeks.

I'm a proud owner of a black exige 350. Looking forward to some forum chat, learning and banter and hopefully meeting some fellow petrol heads! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Forthedrive said:

Yep! Is this a forum known car?

Don't think so. See they had sold it,we took it out a few weeks ago lovely car and surprised it didn't sell earlier. We couldn't come to a deal on it and ended up buying new. Are you in Essex

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

29 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Congrats - fabulous cars those 350 sports! Looking forward to pictures and first driving impressions 🙂 

Thanks! Yea it had me in the first few minutes of driving it. Its basically what I always wanted the Z4M to feel like, but couldn't get there with it. 

14 minutes ago, pete said:

Don't think so. See they had sold it,we took it out a few weeks ago lovely car and surprised it didn't sell earlier. We couldn't come to a deal on it and ended up buying new. Are you in Essex

Yea was a lovely car, seems like the previous owner was also quite meticulous with it. I'm based in Watford so not too far. 

@Forthedrive - make sure that you add your name to the list as I'll have to provide numbers to the venue a day or so before.

20 hours ago, Forthedrive said:

Hi guys, I've done a deal on my first lotus moving over from a BMW Z4M Coupe. The Z4M was a very special car but I wanted something a little more raw and connected. Lotus did it for me and I made the move to buy one last weekend. 

I made the exact same move.......although I had an Evora in between for a few weeks to make it happen....long story!😂 My Z4M was a roadster (pictured below), and is the best car I’ve ever owned......apart from the Exige. The Exige is much rawer as you say and every journey is an even bigger event than the Z4M, which was fantastic fun too. I used to love taking the roadster out and would buy it back tomorrow, but the drive in the Exige is better still😎

I look forward to seeing the photos when you pick the car up. Enjoy and welcome - they’re a great bunch here and that’s probably the biggest difference between the 2 marques - Lotus is an institution, whereas BMW are really just another Manufacturer😉  

Here’s my Exige👍

04C40B0C-E006-49BE-8135-4F7CDCA25E1C.jpeg

DC039CE4-41FA-4CF4-82C7-A23FBF6F19AB.jpeg

• Like 1

Fire Red is just so fab....the Beamer looks fat but red suits it. 

Welcome aboard @Forthedrive - I will be joining you soon with an Exige LF1. Any Exige will do, S1 outrageously cool, S2 meaty, S3 super-quick. 

Justin 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

I made the exact same move.......although I had an Evora in between for a few weeks to make it happen....long story!😂 My Z4M was a roadster (pictured below), and is the best car I’ve ever owned......apart from the Exige. The Exige is much rawer as you say and every journey is an even bigger event than the Z4M, which was fantastic fun too. I used to love taking the roadster out and would buy it back tomorrow, but the drive in the Exige is better still😎

I look forward to seeing the photos when you pick the car up. Enjoy and welcome - they’re a great bunch here and that’s probably the biggest difference between the 2 marques - Lotus is an institution, whereas BMW are really just another Manufacturer😉  

Here’s my Exige👍

04C40B0C-E006-49BE-8135-4F7CDCA25E1C.jpeg

DC039CE4-41FA-4CF4-82C7-A23FBF6F19AB.jpeg

Both beautiful cars! 

This is my Z4M

Point Blur_Mar192021_133118.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jep said:

Fire Red is just so fab....the Beamer looks fat but red suits it. 

Welcome aboard @Forthedrive - I will be joining you soon with an Exige LF1. Any Exige will do, S1 outrageously cool, S2 meaty, S3 super-quick. 

Justin 

LF1 is just so cool. Congrats!

• Thanks 1

@Bibs sold the Evora S, lovely buyer collects on 01 April. I am a '70s boy at heart, JPS is the era for me, so LF1 has always been on the radar. The right car appeared whilst not actively on the look-out. I could and should have waited a few more years but Lotus is my passion, so in I went, heart-first not head.

Justin

• Like 2

Not No.25, which is a poor advert on SELOC. No idea about No.25 but if I was selling any car, let alone a LF1, I would make a lot more effort. 

No 70. Not cheap but FSH and warranty. A long-term hold with any luck, so a few more £'s now hopefully will not matter.

Justin

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Viren.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your car.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)