Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 41 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Lotus Cars Australia has confirmed the spec and pricing for the Emira V6 First Edition.
• Fully optioned with desirable technology, infotainment and comfort features, Australian First Edition Emira V6 cars will cost $184,990 (MSRP)
• Supercharged 3.5-litre 400hp V6 with six-speed manual transmission as standard, optional six-speed auto with paddle shift
• Four option packs included in the spec, plus unique First Edition badging
• Choice of six vibrant exterior colours, with more to follow next year
• Updated Emira V6 First Edition configurator with Australian pricing to be released in
coming days at www.lotuscars.com
  • Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:
Lotus Cars Australia has confirmed the spec and pricing for the Emira V6 First Edition.
• Fully optioned with desirable technology, infotainment and comfort features, Australian First Edition Emira V6 cars will cost $184,990 (MSRP)
• Supercharged 3.5-litre 400hp V6 with six-speed manual transmission as standard, optional six-speed auto with paddle shift
• Four option packs included in the spec, plus unique First Edition badging
• Choice of six vibrant exterior colours, with more to follow next year
• Updated Emira V6 First Edition configurator with Australian pricing to be released in
coming days at www.lotuscars.com

ouch that Aussie luxury car tax really hurts!

"Luxury car tax (LCT) is a tax on cars with a GST-inclusive value above the LCT threshold.

LCT is imposed at the rate of 33% on the amount above the luxury car threshold."

🤯

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, IwantOne said:

That is 99.000 pound or 135.000 US dollars? A GTS 4.0 is 172.000 so I guess 185.000 for the FE is competitive?

It's priced slightly above the GTS 4.0 and below the GT4.  That seems to be how Lotus have pitched it in every country where they've released prices.

29 minutes ago, TomE said:

It's priced slightly above the GTS 4.0 and below the GT4.  That seems to be how Lotus have pitched it in every country where they've released prices.

Slightly above a no-options GTS 4.0.  We all know how easy it is to add to £10k or more of options to Porsche!  I'd say the V6FE is slightly cheaper (maybe 10%?) than a GTS 4.0 with comparable options.

Edited by Nick in Sydney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How are the order levels looking in Japan and the rest of Asia?

Similar hype and expectation to the UK?

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

In Australia, a similar spec Cayman GTS is $225k (that's what I got to on the configurator) compared to the $185k for the Emira LE, but I think the Cayman was drive away price, so with dealer deliver, stamp duty and registration there's probably $25k difference in favour of the Emira.

On Facebook, almost all the active participants in the Australian Emira Owners group have stated that they are getting their deposit back.

While it's true that the Australian V6FE price relative to the Cayman GTS is similar to other markets, I think Lotus has made the wrong call on pricing. 

Australia's have (reluctantly) become accustomed to paying a significant premium for a Porsche versus in Europe or the USA.  But Porsche has completely different brand recognition (and brand prestige) to Lotus in this part of the world.  And part of the implicit deal is that resale values on Porsches in Australia are bulletproof.  We might pay 40% more than the Americans, but we get most of it back on resale.

Can Lotus offer the same assurance?  People seem to be voting with their feet.  

2 hours ago, Nick in Sydney said:

On Facebook, almost all the active participants in the Australian Emira Owners group have stated that they are getting their deposit back.  

That's a shame. What did they think it was going cost?

Good question.  With black pack, auto, and on-road costs, the price could reach as much as A$200,00 and it seems that people had hoped for something closer to $180k or $185k.  Lotus could have used the launch of the Emira to build a bit of market share in Australia rather than just say "well, Porsche get away with that pricing here so we can too."

I'd rather an Emira for $200k over a similar spec Cayman GTS any day of the week, although I get the whole issue on resale, Porsche is pretty good. As they say 'you have to pay to play'.

• Like 1

Seems like a direct conversion of the uk price into Aussie dollars, plus the bonkers 33% luxury car tax on top.

Whereas it appears Porsche up their price for the Aussie market, as it’s not a direct conversion

in the uk both cars are roughly equivalent in price once you’ve put a few options onto the GTS to align the  specs…, so I think the Aussie price is a bargain 

i could buy a 75k GTS here and sell it a year later for roughly the same price. Regardless, I’m about to cancel my GTS deposit 😁

• Like 1

That's not quite right.  The luxury car tax is only applied to the price above $69,000.  And Australia's GST is 10% versus 20% VAT in the UK.  So the direct comparison would be to reduce the UK price by 10% (for the difference in VAT), then apply the exchange rate, then apply the LCT on the amount above $69k

£76,000 less 10% = £68,400.  Convert to AUD = $127,400.

Add the LCT of $19,272 = $146,672

Instead, Lotus has set the price at $185k which is a 26% extra price premium

[Just to add complexity, there's a bit of uncertainty on whether Lotus will still be charged the old 5% import tariff which is being phased out due to the new free trade agreement.  If so, that would add another ~$7k that Lotus could "fairly" be charging in Australia but certainly doesn't close the gap]

ok, thought it was flat rate on top of the full cost... makes sense... complicated tax system!!

still comparatively a rather better deal against the GTS, vs the pricing in the UK

Just had my call from the customer service team. I was told to expect pricing for the i4 FE by the end of the year/ start of 2022. I asked about the rumours of delays going into 2023 but was told they still expect deliveries from autumn next year.

• Like 2

Future wish list - Exige V6

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on the thread with pictures of the Emira made a US debut in Fort Lauderdale last weekend.   Does any one know the Emira US roadshow plans?    

Only other roadshow site I am aware of is in Naples Florida at the end of November.

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this topic!!

• Gold FFM

I saw a post saying it was heading to New York this weekend.  It seems strange there isn't a full list published.  I'm told that's because it's invitation-only and down to dealers to invite.

Some people who aren't near their dealer or the dealer isn't on the tour or they have family nearby other dealers have been trying to find out.  Seems like a missed opportunity for Lotus USA and the dealers to coordinate this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Thanks, that's very interesting.

Clearly this part is going to be unused for several months... :) 

"The retooled Hethel factory also uses Dürr equipment for end-of-line testing. Machines measure things such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), brakes, headlamps and wheel alignment."

Just read CAR magazine's write up on track and out on the road with Gavan Kershaw in the V6 touring set up validation car. You guys getting your Emira next year are so, so lucky. Even from the passenger seat first impressions sound like Lotus have knocked it out of the park. So envious.....

• Like 2