Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
fuse box - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Everything Lotus Jump to content

anybody familiar with the female connectors used in the esprit fuse box?  don't know how to get one out and need to replace a few 

thanks,Rick1364174107_fusebox.jpg.79c8d86f207deee5a70afb1b216f458d.jpg

Bit of a dim photo but looks to be the Buss ( glass tube ) fuse holders? If so, perhaps more wise just to purchase new block from one of the suppliers?

Cheers

17 hours ago, drdoom said:

Bit of a dim photo but looks to be the Buss ( glass tube ) fuse holders? If so, perhaps more wise just to purchase new block from one of the suppliers?

Cheers

no not the glass tube, it's for the standard blade fuses 

I got one out.  1533697810_bladefuseholdersideview.jpg.19ce0bb5f568fdd3d63b7574a5c05459.jpg

Post pictures of the other side of the terminal, please.

Commonly, there are little locking tabs that hold the terminal into the plastic. On high-amperage circuits (fuel pump & cooling fans) the current draw could melt the plastic and then the terminals get pushed back when the fuses are fitted.

Or, the locking tab could be broken off/bent.

(Reminder to all owners, always support the wiring side when plugging in fuses or relays on Lotus cars...)🙄

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

3 hours ago, CarBuff said:

Post pictures of the other side of the terminal, please.

you can see the little lock pin, I made a very small screwdriver even smaller so it fits between the lock and the plastic so they can be pushed out.    

all I need to know now is what type connector this is so I can buy new ones.  

496304666_bladefuseholderbottomview.jpg.6b372849f2cff34a8ef4635f574fffb6.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fjmuurling said:

have been looking at Rick's website before, they do like alike but have the crimp connector quarter of turn offset, I am going to give him a call....

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Filip, they all look alike but are not the same,  maybe they fit anyway .  if I can't find the correct one I'll order some from rick's website they seem to be the ones that come close to the esprit ones 

• 8 months later...

I have found some of these connectors for my Excel - the fuse box and connectors look the same as the pictures above.

The description of the connector is a "Standard Timer socket contact, 17-13 AWG, and has a part number of 926973-1 - a Google search of the part number should come up with a part from TE Connectivity.

I bought mine from RS Components here in South Africa - they took under a week to get to me despite not being in stock in SA.  

The RS Components stock number is 7187123 - you get a pack of 10 connectors.

I have trial fitted one - without clipping it in completely as I can't, for the life of me, get any out despite knowing how they lock in place!  They do fit.

70232194_Fuseboxconnectors-web.thumb.jpg.004e2ca13767b559c0ae7020be72a90b.jpg

Neil.

• Like 1

$22 must be for 100!

Try this https://www.alliedelec.com/product/te-connectivity/926973-1/70468256/?utm_source=octopart&utm_medium=part_sourcing&utm_campaign=partsourcing_octopart&TEdistID=614733525&TETID=buqdx5YQR9

I did have a look at them - US$0.22 each, but they have a US$5.00 handling fee, plus shipping which put it on a par with the price over here - in South Africa, I paid the equivalent of about US$7.00 (GBP5.00 or so) for 10 plus shipping, but added them to other bits and pieces I needed to order.

They may be available in other places in the US as well??

Neil.

No $22 was for the shipping from UK, part was a few pounds, and the listing did not specify the quantity.

Thanks for the link, but the last step of checkout added $18 shipping to the $5 handling fee on $4 worth of parts, so I'll look elsewhere.

I don't need them now (jinx), just know I have some sockets showing some heat/wear and wanted to have them on hand in case I was ever so masochistic as to try to pull my fusebox!

I found that 12Volt Planet in the UK, DelCity in the US, both offer very large range of components. The attached link shows a blade type 4 fuse block which might make a manageable update over the OEM Buss type.

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/standard-blade-fuse-box-side-terminals-4-way.html

Cheers