Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BBQ at Dave and Megans, all welcome. - Page 2 - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BBQ at Dave and Megans, all welcome.

I'll be sending Dave & Megan's address out via a PM on Wed/Thu, so if you haven't already done so, add your name to the list if you are coming.

Please indicate if you are staying over - still not sure for me yet.

• Gold FFM

We won't be staying over as we have a Sunday engagement.  Naturally, I'm selflessly doing my share of the driving on the way there.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I might have been tempted to come along, however the cloakroom refurb has grown legs to the point where I’m now wishing I’d never started, and I’m committed to finish the effing thing ASAP. But in any case, I suspect wherever the bbq is being held might just be a very long way from Margate, and thus I hope everyone has a great time. Plus, you’ll get to see @Blingand his latest red acquisition!

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

We won't be staying over as we have a Sunday engagement.  Naturally, I'm selflessly doing my share of the driving on the way there.

thought you were already married

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I might have been tempted to come along, however the cloakroom refurb has grown legs to the point where I’m now wishing I’d never started, and I’m committed to finish the effing thing ASAP. But in any case, I suspect wherever the bbq is being held might just be a very long way from Margate, and thus I hope everyone has a great time. Plus, you’ll get to see @Blingand his latest red acquisition!

Unfortunately not Ian. I would like the cambelt changed before I do any trips. Also, I may need the wife to drive me back hence will come in the wife's car 😉

7 hours ago, Dave Freeman said:

Yes you are welcome to bring your dog.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Thanks Dave

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

18 minutes ago, Bling said:

Unfortunately not Ian. I would like the cambelt changed before I do any trips. Also, I may need the wife to drive me back hence will come in the wife's car 😉

Thanks Dave

Sparky could do it there,another cambelt fest, 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Sparky could do it there,another cambelt fest, 

I am not sure what kind of cambelt change I would get after Sparky has had a few Thistly Cross Ciders 😜

• Gold FFM

Didn't you know? I'm hopeless at cars unless I'm drunk.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 21/08/2021 at 10:13, Bling said:

Hi @Dave Freeman and Megan. Looking forward to next week and thanks for your kind gesture. 

A quick question, are dogs allowed at the barbecue ?

Chinese spare ribs anyone?  

• Haha 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Hi All, so we are pretty well set for the weekend, new BBQ has been built, Marque is going up tomorrow. 

We have 1 large tent and 2 smaller tents for those who want to stay over in a tent, ~SPARKY you will miss breakfast BBQ.

We will,  just to reiterate supply beer, wine, some spirits and soft drinks, we will also have a selection of meats, ie burgers, sausages, steaks etc

But if you want to bring a special meat and or you drink a lot, then please bring your own.

Really looking forward to the weekend, weather should be good (hopefully).

Thanks chris for sending the address by pm

That is very kind of you @Dave Freeman

I will bring some Greek fare to put on the barbecue and share, bastourma (spicy Greek sausage) and loukanika (village sausages made with wine). Both these are great sliced into smaller pieces and eaten with lemon as a snack accompaniment to beer/lager. 

I will also bring some seftalies (minced pork with fresh herbs).

• Like 1

PM sent with address & contact numbers.

@Dave Eds - you are unable to receive PMs :( - so you won't have received it.

A group of us from the west normally meet up and run in together with 2 meeting up places. My suggested meeting times with the aim of arriving at the BBQ around 14:30 would be

1. Tesco's Hatfield AL9 5JY (A1M/A414 junction) - 12:50

• ChrisJ

2. Pearce's Farm Shop/Puckeridge SG9 9ND (A10) - 13:30

Add your name to the list above if you want to join this, otherwise see you sometime on Saturday.

Anyone else not on the list who wants to come, please send me a PM.

Hi Dave, is it too late to accept your Megans invitation, for me and my Lotus Cortina Mk1 -built at Lotus Cheshunt. I hope not and in hope I've added my name to the below list, last updated by Chris J on the 16 Aug.

1. Dave and Megan
  2. Dave Eds
  3. Sparky & The Ayatollah
  4. Spadger and Denise
  5. ChrisJ
  6. Painterdave
  7. Me me me and Schumacher
  8. Pete and Sue
  9. Dan E
  10. Spyros and one of the family
  11. Jan & Ade
  12. Phil
  13. thebartman + Caroline (OVERNIGHT)
  14. faye2000
  15. neilread + 1
  16. Brian - just Sat - Lotus Cortina

Lotus Cortina Mk1 - Reg CNO 510B - 2 April 2016 -  LH External View.JPG

10 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

PM sent with address & contact numbers.

@Dave Eds - you are unable to receive PMs :( - so you won't have received it.

A group of us from the west normally meet up and run in together with 2 meeting up places. My suggested meeting times with the aim of arriving at the BBQ around 14:30 would be

1. Tesco's Hatfield AL9 5JY (A1M/A414 junction) - 12:50

• ChrisJ

2. Pearce's Farm Shop/Puckeridge SG9 9ND (A10) - 13:30

• Brian - Lotus Cortina.

Add your name to the list above if you want to join this, otherwise see you sometime on Saturday.

Anyone else not on the list who wants to come, please send me a PM.

On 20/06/2021 at 10:05, Brian Harvey said:

Hi Pete - Don't know where the last six months have gone. Many thanks for the reply. Just come back to this site for the fist time today. I have now found 3 blue LE, only two more to find. I'm going to see if I've go any more replies and if not post another search for LE owners. my two Lotus' attached.

Lotus Cortina Mk1 - Reg CNO 510B - 2 April 2016 -  LH External View.JPG

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC - Limited Edition - Reg . E656 YTO - RH Side View.jpg

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

No problem Brian - check your PMs for the address.

Got it, many thanks. Looking fwd to it.

• Gold FFM

I'll have to take a rain check. Stuck in Australia. :( 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi @Dave Freeman,

I previously asked about bringing a dog tomorrow. My wife asked if you have any dogs and what gender they are because apparently Dora is 'in season' !!

Thanks