Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Configurator is Now LIVE - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Configurator is Now LIVE

Frickin_idiot

25 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Can't see how they're going to nail down orders for the suspension options until people have driven the damn thing... ?

This is a real problem. If the difference between the Touring and Sport suspension options is roughly the same as between the Evora 400 and 410 Sport, then having driven both I'd go for the Sport option,  but I'd want reassurance that the Emira sport suspension isn't any stiffer. I hope we might get to speak to a Lotus bod at the roadshow who is genuinely knowledgeable about the suspension tune and not just a sales type.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

lol - browser didn't update.   Taps nose, ref price.

I'm so with you on the 4xxx suspension difference.  I'm slightly worried that that the sport setting may start drifting to the "M" way of doing things - i.e. fit a gum shield.  So, I would really want to talk to someone sensible (who could be in Sales, we're not ALL idiots you know) or drive it before nailing down my config.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

lol - browser didn't update.   Taps nose, ref price.

I'm so with you on the 4xxx suspension difference.  I'm slightly worried that that the sport setting may start drifting to the "M" way of doing things - i.e. fit a gum shield.  So, I would really want to talk to someone sensible (who could be in Sales, we're not ALL idiots you know) or drive it before nailing down my config.

Ah, misinterpreted nose tap 🙂 Good news on price if correct - my dealer was expecting over £80k for the V6 FE.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm relying on what Gav has said about suspension, both at Goodwood and in one of the Lotus videos at the time of the launch, which is Touring will suit the majority of people for everyday road use and the occasional track day.

If the V6 FE really is £78k, then what is the premium over base?

£18k is too big an uplift from £60k to be just options, so suggests the V6 may also be a chunk more that the AMG 

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

I'm going with my original guess:

Base i4 59,995.00, with the V6 about a 6K premium.  I can only tap my nose at the V6 FE price though and, given the source, could be wrong... but I'm pretty confident 

So, if my math/guess is correct, FE package £12K.  Once the full pricing is available will be interesting to see what the "saving" is over speccing that in as individual items.  Looking at what you get for now, I reckon it looks pretty good value.

2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

V6 FE = £78K before delivery etc

So it's an 80K car (fully loaded with the launch package)... will be interesting to see what effect that has on people's commitment

The FE is £75,995. Not sure where you're getting £80k from

I'd take an I4 FE at 70-72kish. Is that actually possible though? Guess that's a chat to have when Lotus call...

@TomEif it's right that touring will still suit the occasional TD then that sounds like a winner for 90% of people. Watch 90% of people spec sport anyway! 

• Haha 1

EDIT: going to the configurator it seems that an I4 first edition is indeed available, in Autumn 2022. That works for me...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbobc said:

I can’t see that at the moment box looked greyed out but presume it will be live later. V6 auto box think was £1800.

And £400 for alcantara wheel but not sure how you add the wheel colour strip. Overall FE price seems in line with well optioned Cayman GTS 4.0. 

6 minutes ago, worldwidewebs said:

The FE is £75,995. Not sure where you're getting £80k from

I guess once you’ve added a few things like black pack and alcantara wheel, plus year 1 tax you’re at around £80k 

Hmm, configurator says.....

First Edition

Available from Spring, 2022
Priced from £75,995

It doesn't specifically say that this is the price for the V6 - the 'priced from' could be for the i4.

Obviously I hope not :lol:

My spec is coming out at £77,595 (V6 FE + Black Pack + Alcantara wheel). Delivery, tax, plates, another £1,500 on top of that or more?

There are still a couple of delivery mileage Evoras on Pistonheads at £90k so pretty good in comparison, and as I mentioned before, I'm pleasantly surprised sport suspension and cup tyres aren't extra. Happy days 🙂 

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, duncx said:

Hmm, configurator says.....

First Edition

Available from Spring, 2022
Priced from £75,995

It doesn't specifically say that this is the price for the V6 - the 'priced from' could be for the i4.

Obviously I hope not :lol:

You can't configure an i4 (yet and) now that V6 pricing is on the configurator. Assuming option prices are the same, the key for comparison is the non-optioned i4 First Edition price - I've been on the chat and told that this would be visible in a personal configurator link to be sent to deposit-holders "soon", and as part of the initial telephone call process.....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm going with my original guess:

Base i4 59,995.00, with the V6 about a 6K premium.  I can only tap my nose at the V6 FE price though and, given the source, could be wrong... but I'm pretty confident 

So, if my math/guess is correct, FE package £12K.  Once the full pricing is available will be interesting to see what the "saving" is over speccing that in as individual items.  Looking at what you get for now, I reckon it looks pretty good value.

So, I was out based on information I was given by someone who really should have got it right... but I'm not surprised based on my experience so far...