Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 30 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Boy that’s a weird colour…. Ever so slightly baboons arse methinks!

Edited by Mctaff

24 minutes ago, TomE said:

Thanks, must be a validation car doing some testing.

There are apparently A LOT of them out there doing that very thing right now all over the World! All very interesting and intriguing.
That one is definitely Spain (Mercadona is one of the main Spanish Supermarket chains) so maybe warm weather testing? 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yes, and several have been spotted each side of the Channel Tunnel waiting to cross.  I know they've had cars at Nardo for high speed testing and they must be doing hot and cold weather testing somewhere as well.  A number have also been given to staff with instructions to do 100s of miles a day for long term testing too.

7 hours ago, TomE said:

I understand your take on it Eagle7.  My concern is Lotus are about to lose any control they might have had over decent photos of the 6 FE colours.

Just look at how everyone jumps on any leaked image and the debates about whether it's a "true" reflection of the colour, plus all the "is Verdant really Empire Green" discussions.  Lotus can keep referring people to the configurator - and I agree it's a very good representation having seen all the colours in real life - but soon there are going to be real pictures of real cars.

Lotus could have pre-empted that by publishing their own pictures.  People will understand car colours look different in different settings, particularly if there are photos illustrating this.

The V6 FE's are already sold out, so it hasn't exactly hurt sales.  By the time they start producing i4 FE's, there's going to be a lot of photos and videos on the web.  Right now though, it's almost a Catch-22 for Lotus.  If they publish photos that they themselves aren't happy with just because everybody wants them to, then once reviews come out the reviewer says something like "We thought we were getting blah-blah based on the photos that Lotus themselves published, but it doesn't quite look like that.  Here's what we've got instead." and then the reviewer(s) take their own photos and publish them (which they're going to do anyways) that creates an image problem.  If they don't publish photos after saying they would, that creates an image problem.  No matter what they do, there's going to be a disparity between what people see online, on cell phones, computers, tablets, etc. versus what the cars are going to look like in person.  If it was me personally, I'd just take a group photo with all of them together, just something informal as a promo piece outside in a nice setting, and publish them with a disclaimer saying "these are just some examples; the colors may appear different in your setting" or something to that effect, but I do understand their reluctance.  They're getting lambasted for doing something "OMG are those the seats?", or for not doing something "OMG is there anybody there?", and so on.  Right now they can't win for losing it seems.  However there is a bright side to this; it shows that people really care and are interested in the Emira, and that's better than not having any interest.

Look at the response they got just with a blue non-running studio model, and a dark gray running proof-of-concept.  They went from "We hope you like it" to "OH EM GEE!" in a matter of a few days, so they know they've at least got that part right.  It's a gorgeous car, the price point is decent, and there's a growing amount of "shut up and take my money" type of interest beyond anything they dreamed they would get.  I can't wait until the reviews come out and we start seeing photos and videos, just to put this part behind us.

Hopefully they're learning from this experience, and are better prepared for the Type 132 and other cars coming out in the future.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eagle7 said:

Hopefully they're learning from this experience, and are better prepared for the Type 132 and other cars coming out in the future.

They’re being built in a factory that’s capable of building 100k vehicles a year so that’s probably an easier starting point!😉

I’ve stated it many times but gearing up the infrastructure and transforming Hethel is not the work of a moment! We’ll look back on this in a years time and think they’ve done a marvellous job…..but I agree with @TomE above they could have chosen to communicate more to those purchasing, but it will be up there, amongst a million other items on the list of to do’s!👍

• Like 1

Just watched the video clip, surprised theres no comment here re “street presence”. The car looks fantastic irrespective of the colour.

• Like 2

Just checked only V6 FE is available to configure. 

But page keeps crashing on Opera. Tried firefox.

image.thumb.png.67517b39c4d270cf6619e3f9a476b34c.png

That seems odd.  I wonder if they've increased the number they're going to produce?  If so, that would be good news to the many here in the U.S. who've been waiting since July of last year, but weren't in soon enough for their dealer's allocation.

Certainly looks with the UK site you can still order a V6FE on line. Just configured and followed the process to pay, the site is asking for £4000 deposit and gives an estimated delivery at 60 weeks? Didn’t actually press further as I may have then found any blockers or be explaining to my wife what I spent another £4000 on 😖

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

There's a cap on the number of V6 FEs allocated to dealers in the US and Canada - a far lower number than they and customers had been expecting.  But it appears you can still order a V6 FE in the UK today.  It's confusing!

• Gold FFM

They’re from Instagram originally. From Spain, looks like the same non-Magma car from the previous video.  Pictures taken close to one of the industry test facilities near Barcelona, so I’m guessing it’s there doing validation work.

Really not sure about that rear. It just looks like the car is sad!  For me, the GTE is the best "rear" on an Evora, ever.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Really not sure about that rear.

Agree, the rear end is the least favourite view of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Agree, the rear end is the least favourite view of it.

They’ve done a good job given they were having to in effect remodel an Evora. Although I’m convinced it’s the rear lights design that isn’t as good as it could be.  The rear clusters are very Aston in their design - see attached. Too generic to me and the back of the car doesn’t match brilliantly with the front. Would’ve also liked to have seen something done with the rear hatch instead of the glass they’ve gone with…..but it looks like they’ve gone Caymen-generic there to appeal to more non-Lotus buyers. It’s not an ugly car by any means but it’s a little awkward in places. Still think it will do well though👍😎

DB2A25AE-FC4A-4A4D-B62C-780F4EF24AE8.jpeg

C4B67149-CEA6-4E78-A8FF-3BAD531E5DD9.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

It’s not an ugly car by any means but it’s a little awkward in places

Agree, I was a bit underwhelmed when I first saw it, but it looked better the 2nd time. Will be interesting to see them actually on the road at the dealership etc.

• Like 1

The cut out sides are the awkward part for me….

I missed the wheels in my last post……I don’t feel any of the options available really do much for the car, especially the black ones - it’s a GT car in its current spec and black wheels don't generally work for those…….better for the hardcore sporty variants. Although I think if they offered an Anthracite or Gold option both would work well. Like bums though we’ve all got an opinion😉👍