Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 7 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, NedaSay said:

^^is this factory 1 in the picture???

I believe it's the new lightweight structures (chassis, etc.) factory in Norwich....

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes.  Apparently Matt Windle took the grey car over there to show the staff after Goodwood.

Well, similar to most cars really - which is wise. That tall gearknob on the Esprit really commands attention!

Cool really. Rally-esque.

There is no denying, in a true drivers car, the gear change should be close to your hands for the quickest changes  (rally, F1, etc)  and of course, flappy paddles , which are a whole different experience and some prefer them.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, Jack Stone said:

Interesting to read in Car mag that the Emira's interior is "inspired by the Esprit, with a high centre console..." so I thought I'd "montage" the two cabins. I really enjoy the snug feel of the Esprit's cabin, with "its driver and one selected companion" nestled each side of the chassis tunnel, as well as the higher gearstick position versus the Evora. The Emira looks to have a similar config.

Emira+esprit-cabin comparison-w.jpg

Lotus published a nice overlay picture to show the influence of the Esprit S1 cabin:

Emiradesignsketch_EspritS1inspiration.jpg

Personally I'd have liked to see more design carryover from the Evija (as was hinted about pre-launch), such as the floating dash and vertical central pillar for controls, but I guess Emira needs a gear stick and Evija doesn't!

14.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, the stick shift buggers that one up. Though, not sure I like that diagonal bridge anyway.

Loved the seats and dash in the Evija.

Still, I was very impressed with the look and feel inside the Emira so am very happy.

Could just be me being daft, but I didn't realise until seeing the below picture there is a rear light across the centre, presume it's only illuminated while braking. Is it just me that didn't notice this? 😄

IMG_2492.JPG

• Like 1

I'd imagine that once the stockpile of V6 engines is run dry, an AMG M139 version will appear, offering at least the 415 horses powering the A45 S. That spec is already compliant with emissions regs around the world, and will be essentially effortless to offer it to customers at any point Lotus wishes to do so. The fact that the engine weighs less than the supercharged V6 means that this will also mean a better power-to-weight ratio, right off the bat!

I'd imagine that many of the owners of secondhand Emiras, in 3+ years time, will be opting for power upgrades as it should be cheap and easy to do so - significantly cheaper and easier than the current Komotec options on the current V6s, and they seem relatively popular. I'm sure Komotec will be more than willing to take V6 Emiras up to 460-500bhp, too, come to think of it!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Mickle said:

Could just be me being daft, but I didn't realise until seeing the below picture there is a rear light across the centre, presume it's only illuminated while braking. Is it just me that didn't notice this? 😄

IMG_2492.JPG

It’s definitely a 3rd brake light. Given that the rear lights are likely to stay on permanently with the front DRL’s, I do think it would look better without the big gaps though….. 🤔

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

3 hours ago, TomE said:

Third brake light is a US requirement.  The blue car on the stand had the side lights on when I was there and the third light was visible but not on.

It's also shown in one of the Lotus PR pictures, but I'm unclear why they're braking at this point mid corner 😕

DSC06895.jpg

I saw a family in a Polestar 2 today. That also had a full time rear light along the back, not just when braking. On another point, it’s surprising how many cars still have brake lights out nowadays. Don’t you get a dash warning?

17 hours ago, Bee said:

I'd imagine that once the stockpile of V6 engines is run dry, an AMG M139 version will appear, offering at least the 415 horses powering the A45 S. That spec is already compliant with emissions regs around the world, 

I'd imagine that many of the owners of secondhand Emiras, in 3+ years time, will be opting for power upgrades

Yeah, this is how I see it. Emissions regs are bound to continuously get worse so thet might be the thing holding the AMG4 power back.

It is a brave person who busts the warranty early doors. Certainly not me on the V6.

• Gold FFM

Russell Carr is also quoted in one of the online videos (I can't remember which one, I've watched so many!) that the engine cover on the i4 AMG M139 engine was designed for "thermal management" - there are probably some serious heat issues to overcome using this engine with a glowing turbo in a mid-engine configuration..... 

That was something they clearly spent a lot of time trying to overcome. There are the two side scoops and little engine cover slats.  

Good point  as putting the power up by 20& comes at the cost of more heat. 

Heat is always the enemy and then you start getting into breathing mods.

The Cayman is also a mid engined turbo car, and that motor is completely covered. They really had to use every available centimeter to fit that engine in a space that was originally designed for the N/A. Still they have managed to keep the car at normal operating temperatures. I assume (hope) the Lotus engineers knew already which engine they were going to use and what mods they had to make to keep it cool.  

I understand it’s one of the reasons the bulkhead was moved forward in Emira compared to Evora.  It means there is less room behind the seats in the Emira but more room in the engine bay.  This space could be clearly seen at Goodwood when I looked under the hatch at the grey cars engine bay.  Can’t see the i4 core engine being much physically bigger than a V6 so can only surmise it’s for the turbo and cooling arrangements.

On 22/07/2021 at 16:44, Mickle said:

IMG_2492.JPG

When I was watching a video, I think the actual Goodwood FoS Thursday full day vid on U-Tube, I saw the brake light coming on across the rear of the car a couple of times and though looked neat solution.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

22 hours ago, Pugwash said:

I understand it’s one of the reasons the bulkhead was moved forward in Emira compared to Evora.  It means there is less room behind the seats in the Emira but more room in the engine bay.  This space could be clearly seen at Goodwood when I looked under the hatch at the grey cars engine bay.  Can’t see the i4 core engine being much physically bigger than a V6 so can only surmise it’s for the turbo and cooling arrangements.

The i4 will definitely need more room than the v6 hence the bulk head moving into the cabin space relative to Evora. Also the i4 box is heavier than the v6 box so the overall weight difference is not much I believe.

Its mounted exactly like the Evora's engine. Yes its mounted transversely so it makes it appear off center.

• Like 1

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)