Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora prices post Emira launch - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora prices post Emira launch

Cdm2018

I wonder if the bigger influence on price will be whether existing Evora owners decide to change to the Emira,  flood the market and dealers drop the prices to get rid of stock?

The other influence could be whether or not all the orders for the Emira are genuine or there are people hoping to sell their build slot for a profit. A friend made a profit selling his build slot for the Cayman GT4. I don’t know whether that is still a thing or not. 

Seems to me at least that there are still hurdles to overcome before the first production cars roll out. It sounded like they are still building the production line.

After some serious thought I am going to stick with my Evora. Fortunately Ken ‘have I got a deal for you’ Morgan formerly of Snows Lotus isn’t around to influence me any more.

Tris…

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
31 minutes ago, Tris... said:

A friend made a profit selling his build slot for the Cayman GT4.

I despise this! 

Deposits should be placed by individuals who want to buy a car. I understand that circumstances change, so if they can no longer buy the car for whatever reason the deposit should be returned and the build slot cancelled. Then all the build slots behind that one. Shuffle up one. That's it. Nice and fair and keeps the speculators away.

Of course, Porsche being a "greedy" and "snobbish" company, in my very humble opinion, probably loves the fact, secretly, that build slots are being "sold on for a profit" as it keeps the residuals of their desirable cars high and makes people more desperate to do what Porsche wants to them (i.e. to get the next GT3 you need to buy this, buy that) to do.

Lowly Ford got it bang on with their approach to the latest GT - but then that was a lower volume manufacture and a much higher list price.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, Tris... said:

I wonder if the bigger influence on price will be whether existing Evora owners decide to change to the Emira,  flood the market and dealers drop the prices to get rid of stock?

Evora stocks are quite low. Some people got their order cancelled because they stopped production Early.

On my end, I don’t see why I would sell the Evora to get an Emira. The Evora is faster, has kiddie space, still looks great. I am much more likely to be an Emira customer is 3-5 years time when they will have lighter more powerful versions.

if they didn’t sell that badly, I would have thought keeping an Evora alongside the Emira with an upgraded interior and updated fascia would have made sense.

one thing I struggle with the Emira is the lights at the back (Alpine style). Someth8mg more like the Evija would have been better. I think everyone agrees so wonder if nobody told them this bit was a fail.

• Love 2

13 hours ago, PAR said:

I think everyone agrees so wonder if nobody told them this bit was a fail.

I don't. I like the rear lights and the way the high level brake light joins them in the middle. No fail for me. I also like the rear full stop as to me it does have the design language of the Emira, especially the way it curves along the top of the diffuser and the two air vents on either side below the lights.

image.thumb.png.7c5ef59bb1d8bad43e5596bc1aeb6fd4.png

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Apparent overnight success of the Emira suggests that the Evora’s problem was styling given Emira is really Evora reboot. That and pricing because a lot of excitement about Emira is coming from the ‘sub £60k’ thing. I think Lotus and people who have rushed to place deposits need to tread carefully here. It’s still very vague at this point and can quickly creep up in response to demand. Would they lose any orders is the car was £62k basic? Easy to despec the base car further too as they have done many times before.

If it is down to styling it shows how out of step I am as I prefer the Evora. Saw an immaculate nightfall blue S with diamond cut wheels in the car park at Goodwood yesterday and it looked truly stunning. Better proportioned to me, more compact, cleaner lines, not reminiscent of anything else. Just it’s own thing, looked expensive, classy and impossible to age.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I don't. I like the rear lights and the way the high level brake light joins them in the middle. No fail for me. I also like the rear full stop as to me it does have the design language of the Emira, especially the way it curves along the top of the diffuser and the two air vents on either side below the lights.

image.thumb.png.7c5ef59bb1d8bad43e5596bc1aeb6fd4.png

Andy,

I have got to be honest both myself and Sparkles were a little underwhelmed on the Super fan launch, we spoke about this on the way down in the car. THEN when you see it in the flesh, it pops your head gorgeous, not in the dark grey so much but the blue. The pictures just do not do it justice. 

This I think would be my spec

923033710_Screenshot2021-07-09at09_51_35.thumb.png.a6aaa110d2ff1de1620fc2b39fed5206.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan E said:

Andy,

I have got to be honest both myself and Sparkles were a little underwhelmed on the Super fan launch, we spoke about this on the way down in the car. THEN when you see it in the flesh, it pops your head gorgeous, not in the dark grey so much but the blue. The pictures just do not do it justice. 

This I think would be my spec

923033710_Screenshot2021-07-09at09_51_35.thumb.png.a6aaa110d2ff1de1620fc2b39fed5206.png

that really is a thing of beauty... for me, will have to wait 3-5 years before I'd be in a position to buy one, and it'll be interesting to see what else is available then, but I will be sorely tempted to trade in the Evora...

Am I correct to say by 2029 the last of the Emira will start be rolling off the production line ?

by 2030 the Emira will be in the same class as with Evora Elise Elan etc 

so whether lotus sells 500, 5000 or 50k Emiras the numbers will be limited 

Agree with @C8RKH… Emira looks great and will undoubtedly be a great drive.

A thought on Evora values: if Emira increases OVERALL demand for Lotus products, then residuals will probably hold. It is ultra rare too. I doubt it will go up in value like old Ferraris though, since at a certain point someone would rather have an Emira.

Also, on potential for success: Evora was launched around the GFC, and some governments tried to use austerity measures to claw their way out of it. History tells us that was a terrible idea. Although Emira is launching in a pandemic, the fact that Keynesian economics is being used (i.e. stimulus) suggests a better chance of strong sales if Lotus can reach people. Time will tell!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Go back to 2009 and look at the "overnight success" that was the response to the EVORA and also look at what the launch pricing was (very competitive) compared to what the actual price was. Remember also that Evora won COTY all over the place etc and won gushing plaudits for its styling, particularly the interior.  

I disagree it was the styling that held it back. The issue was outside of the launch hysteria (that everyone is in now re the Emira) the Evora was poorly marketed and Lotus suffered from, as it does now, poor dealer coverage in the UK and NA especially etc. After the launch hype, nobody remembered the car / knew about it. it was not marketed so why would they unless they were already a lotus fan. It just was not on the RADAR. To back this up, look at the conversion rate from test drive to purchase. it was staggering. So when people knew about. Drive it. They bought it!  That was the issue right there. Is still the issue with the Evora. Getting people into it.

I believe the EMIRA will be a rip roaring success. It has been designed as a world car, with a commitment to sell it on the world stage. I have no worries about build quality or about how it will drive. In my mind, outside of the Evija this will be the best ever, production Lotus car end of.  People will romanticise through their old rose tinted specs that other models were better blah blah blah. They won't be. they weren't.  This is the pinnacle of mainstream Lotus car production, of that I am 100% sure. 

Rather than all of us trying to be automotive experts, when 99% of us really know only 1% of what a real automotive expert knows, why don't we just get behind what is a fantastic product launched by our favourite car manufacturer, that also happens to be one of Britain's best engineering companies.

I wonder if Volvo dealers will start to offers Lotus services? haha

6 minutes ago, AK70 said:

Style cannot be bought… 😉

So logically then you are saying the car you bought is not stylish.  Interesting point of view.  :)

The small print.

You have it or you don‘t.. 😂

If you have to ask, it‘s out of your reach.. 

But on serious note: I think the Emira looks stunning. Let the Evora looks a bit dated.. but I wouldn’t buy it for the design only. Looking forward for a back-to-back review.  

For the few who know the difference

3 hours ago, windymiller said:

the only bit of the car i remain nuetral over is the front end !!

I'm with you. Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, but think the back is gorgeous, it's just the headlights and front bumper that I think are a little uninspired.

Can I see myself swapping the Evora for one, yes possibly but all rather depends on cost to change. Then again I am possibly not your typical Lotus buyer and probably closer to the target market for the Emira. There is a reason why I have had an Excel and 2 Evora's but never had an Elise or Exige. 

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

thing is tho (me included) everyone i told we was buying an evora all looked online at the pics and without question everyone that then saw it in the flesh all said the pics dont do the car justice it looks much better in the flesh so im just thinking the front end will look right "in the flesh"

I have looked at various pictures of the Emira and indeed the car looks fabulous ! 
when buying my Evora I looked at pictures first but what really sold me was seeing the car in the flesh and seeing it moving 

when seen in the wild the car for me is different thing and then when your sat behind the wheel it’s again totally different experience as I tend to think what do other people think when they see my car 

I think the Emira will have same effect and I think people will understand it’s brand origin and I think all the current lotus will all gain in value to different degrees maybe I won’t live long enough to see it ballon in value but my enjoyment is here and now 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, windymiller said:

will look right "in the flesh"

Most things look good in the flesh.

The small print.

2 hours ago, AK70 said:

You have it or you don‘t.. 😂

Style is very subjective. Some would say Lewis Hamilton is stylish. We all have our own view...

image.jpeg.e9bf58923dae7039411afd9641aa84b7.jpeg

• Haha 2

The small print.

Oh I agree - I was mostly thinking about the good things "I'd like to see" look better in the flesh!

The small print.

Well I was initially all over the Emira, but after JayEmm's video pointing out that the Emira is basically a heavily-reworked Evora anyway, I'm not interested any more. Never was interested in the 4-pot since there is no manual option. So this Evora owner definitely won't be trading his car in for an Emira.

• Like 1