Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira - technical - Page 2 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira - technical

Taglio

12 hours ago, r3nault said:

No sense of occasion without the big sills ;) Same as climbing into a Corolla :D

Agreed. I like the big sills. In an Exige they add to the Group C racer vibe. Personally I'd like them to be as hilariously awkward as the S1 Exige to weed out the uncommitted 🙂

On a serious note, the high sills have a real safety benefit. From the pictures above If I was going be T-boned by two tons of SUV I'd rather It happen in an early Evora than an Emira.

Edited by freefall_junkie
  • Like 2

I too love the drama and experience of getting in the Exige. Brilliant.

Was never going to happen with the Emira. I still giggle watching my missus trying to get in and out. I did film it but she asked me to remove it. haha.😃

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

You can both have a go at getting in my S1 Exige if you like - getting out is more comedy than drama :lol:

• Haha 1

Ha, great stuff..  :)

Yeah, that was similar to my missus BUT my missus was wearing a skirt.. cough.

Talking of getting in and out of cars has anyone got any experience of getting their Lotus into a single garage?  Never used to park my old Evora in the garage but thinking I’d like to get the Emira in it, but it’s only c2.5m wide (and a support column brings it down another c30cm at that point)  and I think the car is 1.9m wide.  Gut feel is I won’t be able to get in and out of the car.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Previous house had a single garage with a particularly narrow door (but now I can't go and measure it)  I used to go in nose first and have my nearside mirror pass about 1-2cm from doors wood insert frame and I knew without looking that drivers door mirror passed about 6-8cm from offside. I then had glued wood strips on floor to know when far enough in and wall at drivers door had foam glued on it.  It was tight but do-able. The other trick was to put down drivers window glass which made entry and exit a lot easier as it has quite a lot of tumblehome when up to use a shipping expression. Lean in and put back up before grabbing keys.

Emira being a few cm wider is going to cause me grief at new house as I have a 4 poster used for 2  car storage and it was sized to take the Evora rear track and it is tight now and I suspect may be a wheel eater.  I will not be going for the diamond cut ones!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Ha, for years I have joked about the standard garage size. Completely rubbish which is why very few use them now. This was a design spec from many decades ago when the average car could be swallowed up easily.

They need to build them a foot wider.

When I have a had a particularly nice, older, car I used to drive in bloody slowly and I would have cardboard and old table cloths hanging on the wall but the drivers door. Getting in and out was professional contortionism.

I have a unique solution to any garaging issues. Since I have a double garage, there is more room in the middle to open car doors and get in and out. Therefore I always have an LHD car in the right garage and an RHD car in the left side. No need for any awkward reversing into the garage for me!

7hkxJXO.jpg

Xbg0ngP.jpg

• Like 1

Great stuff,

Does the Lotus 'need' to be in the tent?  

One would have thought the Ferrari would have needed it.

The tent was originally bought to protect my mint Lotus Omega (LHD Carlton). Since the GTE that replaced it is also LHD, I just use the same side. To be honest, neither of my current pair really need the tent. The Ferrari has a regular car cover. 

Having said that there are occasions in the winter when the weather changes which causes condensation on metal parts. For preventing this, the fan ventilated tent is excellent.