Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
what car is the AMG DCT from? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

what car is the AMG DCT from?

If we wait to try before we buy, then its gonna be a long wait.

So, does any know what cars the AMG engine and DCT box are from? I can then go and take one for a test to see if I am ok with the DCT?

I would prefer a manual and hated the IPS on the Evora but other DCT's I have tried have been ok and it IS the way forward.

construction and property consultants : My company

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now started to drive the Macan mummy wagon using paddles (rather than as an auto) to trial / get used to it

construction and property consultants : My company

This has been known for a while now.

It is from the A45 but NOT the A45S.

I have not driven the latest version so I have no real idea how decent the DCT is.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 4 months later...

Ha, no idea now.  I must have read it from an authority to have mentioned it though.

Either way it will be good. Indeed, in this last week there has been more positive news about the i4 so it might some Vsixers back.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Emira got the full A45S powertrain, they just tuned it to suit the purpose of being the entry model. Most german buyers maybe tempted to get their brand new emira to Brabus or Carlsson in the first week after purchase to get the powertrain ECUs reflashed  to offer the full potential of said powertrain.

I think the i4 only in China is sensible, Lotus has a rather weak brand recognition and Geely is gunning to make Lotus an EV luxury sports car company. the younger buyers will associate the engine to AMG which is no bad thing. if China gets a a special tune for the engine, that's quite ok in my book, especially if  they end up paying V6 FE money for the 400bhp tune. European buyers get euro tuned on most cars they just don't know it. Case in point, way back in the day, the BMW Z3M (clown shoe)  came with 320 bhp in Europe vs  240bhp in America, it still sold like hot cakes on my side and it was the top version. 

• Gold FFM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M139_engine  - it's the M139 in whatever state of tune Lotus decide to give it.....😉

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Slightly off topic, but when I was in Germany last week, I got talking to a colleague, whose son works in the air con department at AMG, Stuttgart. Apparently that one department employs over 800 people! God knows how many work in the nearby Mercedes Benz air con department!