Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alongside your Emira, what would be YOUR perfect 2 Car Garage? - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alongside your Emira, what would be YOUR perfect 2 Car Garage?

Evotion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

My S4. I really don't want to sell it.

And having an Emira would be a hoot. I really doubt that I will ever even see one.

However, if there is anyone that lives in Victoria that is going to buy an Emira, I'd love to be a passenger one day if I could.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yeah, ha, or it starts getting particularly silly.

This is always a huge discussion, probably monthly, with my oldest son.

Would we spend:

• £280k on one 458 Speciale
  • £280k on a 458 Spyder, a V6 Emira  AND  a 2016 Audi RS6
  • 8 fun cars for an average of £35k and there is a lot!

It is all madness 😃

... or ,of course, start my own motorcycle business with a stock of 20+ decent bikes! 🤩

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Well, I would go for something practical.. My current set-up: Evora S + Volvo 945 works out nicely so far.

Would love to convert the Volvo to electric (including solar roof to fight phantom drain), but 500km (more than 300miles) range is an absolut must for me. So maybe I just wait some other years.. 😉

But as of today: Lotus Emira + Volvo V60 Cross Country

volvo.jpg

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

You are definitely a Geely fan!  They will love you - saying a Lotus and a Volvo would be your perfect 2-car garage.

I saw a classic Volvo yesterday. I didn;t take a pic but it looked something like this:

3c91b8748d103ce8967867a182dd93d4.jpg.d9ac7750fcb211b3e2dff99a0e774d2d.jpg

Who'd have thought that Volvo made a good looking car 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, AK70 said:

Well, I would go for something practical.. My current set-up: Evora S + Volvo 945 works out nicely so far.

Would love to convert the Volvo to electric (including solar roof to fight phantom drain), but 500km (more than 300miles) range is an absolut must for me. So maybe I just wait some other years.. 😉

But as of today: Lotus Emira + Volvo V60 Cross Country

volvo.jpg

EV range is getting closer to that.  My wife's Audi Q5 is coming up for replacement and we're looking at possible full EV alternatives.  Our constraint at the moment is older daughter is at university 230 miles away and hence range anxiety over the next few years.  Polestar 2 (another Geely product!) is at a theoretical 270+ miles and 335 miles WLTP for the long range single motor version.  I do like the idea of EV-ing an older car though.  There are companies retro-fitting the Tesla package to all kinds of things.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TomE said:

There are companies retro-fitting the Tesla package to all kinds of things.

Wow, what a great idea and they are well positioned to make a truck load of money in the upcoming years.

Must be madly expensive though?

• Gold FFM

There was a C4 programme with Guy Martin recently where he and one of the firms were trying to build the world's fastest electric car ... based on an old VW Beetle!  It's worth a watch: https://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-the-worlds-fastest-electric-car

This is one of the retro-electric conversion companies: https://www.retroelectrics.co.uk/

• Like 1

Brilliant.

Actually, just remembered, there was an electric 911 at Goodwood!!  Had speakers to play engine sounds too. 😃

Yep, I took out an M4 6 years back and, funnily enough, the sales person never mentioned the artificial noise when I mentioned I liked the sound.

I can't recall much about the drive itself as the sales 'person' was one of the best looking women I had ever seen.  

Yes, I was embarrassing. Had one of my kids with me. 😊

She was only there as a summer temp and I reckon she broke all dealers records  (and hearts). 

I am so over her now.....   Really.

YES!!!!!   ha.  Barons, near the mini-roundabout.

She was unbelievably gorgeous. I had to wear a bib on the test drive to catch the dribbling.

Actually, found a pic of the two of us.   Poor girl 😂😊

12087331_1505262799785968_2615988013897651906_o.thumb.jpg.9c768027101622ae9eb1c4d43f815f53.jpg

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Evotion said:

YES!!!!!   ha.  Barons, near the mini-roundabout.

She was unbelievably gorgeous. I had to wear a bib on the test drive to catch the dribbling.

Actually, found a pic of the two of us.   Poor girl 😂😊

12087331_1505262799785968_2615988013897651906_o.thumb.jpg.9c768027101622ae9eb1c4d43f815f53.jpg

That’s her. She was absolutely stunning that picture doesn’t do her justice either. There are not many car sales people who’s name I remember from 6 to 7 years ago but I do remember hers 😀😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dan E said:

There are not many car sales people who’s name I remember from 6 to 7 years ago but I do remember hers 😀😂

Ha, she did leave a lasting impression. Umm, I need a model for some motorcycle work and I have her contact details....   🙈

19 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I don’t want to make you jealous but she gave me a card when I picked up the car. No phone number though although I did check 3 times 😀1F2D4F80-D9A3-4A4A-A1D0-0B8507AA982C.thumb.jpeg.e779a3d30a7b3a1d5aa82081c8d5cc86.jpeg

Is it perfumed?

Ha, right back on the main subject before I say something REALLY inappropriate.

Moral of story: Men are suckers for a pretty face.  Thankfully, I didn't get the M4 Cab as the missus didn;t like it.. Or was it me showing her the picture above.. umm.

• Gold FFM

It was the most boring car I have ever owned, I never washed it in the 3 years I had it until the day before I traded it in, but do I regret buying it, no 😂

it didn’t have the 330 badge on it so I asked if she could get one, she said she could post but I went and picked it up 😂

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Keep on the topic guys.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Mine would be a camper van currently being a t25.  But there are a lot of cars i would like to have.  Like the full generation of lotus cars starting from the elite.  Driving them back to back would be really interesting.  It is the sort of thing where i wish i was a car car journalist. Not sure i have the writing skills.  

All the Best

Greg

That is a very sensible two car garage.

Touring BMWs are really rare in the UK it seems to me. On the continent you see a lot more.

Then again, estates don;t do great here after the SUVs landed - shame.

I'd still like an Audi RS2 from way back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evotion said:

I'd still like an Audi RS2 from way back.

I've got an RS2.  It's an incredibly "cool" car and I get lots of thumbs-up and smiles from people.  Acceleration is fantastic once the turbo kicks in, and the Quattro system still feels rock-steady after all those years, but the steering is pretty awful, even by Audi standards.  (far too light, no feeling, etc).  It's a 25 year old car, so not surprisingly it feels its age.  Audi is also pretty terrible at supporting its old cars with parts and expertise (compared with brands like Porsche), so ownership of an old Audi can be a bit of a hassle.