Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 13 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Reply this morning from customer care. I asked when will there be availability to see a full production car in varying colors, as paying £80K for an unseen vehicle is asking a lot.

I completely understand your concerns here. We have passed this feedback on to HQ at your request. As Sunny alluded to below, photographed or rendered image colours look different depending on the screen being used to view the image and the ambient light conditions. The original image also differs depending upon the camera used and the ambient light conditions, so it will always be difficult to fully see the colours in this way. I understand that the frustration lies mostly in the lack of cars to look at in the flesh. At the moment we only have a couple of Emiras, and only 1 is in the UK. We will see some new cars in due course, however nothing official is confirmed just yet. 

Please do let me know if you have any further queries or concerns. 

Kind regards, 

Lauren

I have asked customer care and gained a similar response. Just keep asking, I'm sure if enough of us ask, something will hopefully happen before 5th November!!

Just give us bigger painted body panels Lotus!!

Funny isn’t it… if lotus haven’t even painted a cat or some panels how do they even know that those are decent colours for the car?! Quite bizarre….

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I get what you mean, but they'll be using calibrated, high fidelity monitors and top-end graphic packages so their colour accuracy with rendering will not be subject to the multiple variables that we're introducing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

I get what you mean, but they'll be using calibrated, high fidelity monitors and top-end graphic packages so their colour accuracy with rendering will not be subject to the multiple variables that we're introducing.

Fair point.

so they could print a colour accurate brochure at the least

I’m just mostly surprised at how boring the colours are. 3 that I would call boring old man Porsche colours, 1 okay dark red, and only 2 colours that actually pop on a car that is supposed to drag Lotus into a mainstream audience. 

Why they chose the only running model to be in the dullest colour possible I don’t know. 

I know colours and choices are very subjective and there will be people who don’t want to stand out, but your flagship launch car should be bright, bold and standout from the competition. Not merge into the background 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philnotts said:

I have asked customer care and gained a similar response. Just keep asking, I'm sure if enough of us ask, something will hopefully happen before 5th November!!

Just give us bigger painted body panels Lotus!!

There's no way that logistically anything will happen by 5th Nov.  However for me, that's not too bad as the spec can be changed before the order commitment date.  But will I commit to buying come Jan time (if that's when it is) without having a better idea of how the car will look?  Will I be able to convince myself to buy, certainly without a road test and maybe not even any proper reviews.  Mind you for me the colour inside and out will probably be ok.  Its the decision between touring and sports that's the really tricky one for me.  I think the car will look great in any of my 3 shortlisted colours, blue, red and yellow.  But I wouldn't want to regret the suspension choice.

Agghhhh. Watched this and it reminded me of how Lotus could have played things out with the build and testing of Emira once it was launced.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

I have a suspicion that a very high proportion of FE orders will be for Seneca Blue as it looks great and is the only colour most people will get to see on an Emira up close before committing. 

I agree and that was the initial indication from Lotus at the early roadshows. One factor in me choosing yellow!

From a conversation I overheard between two Lotus people I have a hunch some larger painted panels may already be in the works. 

• Like 1

Just my opinion but all this talk about colour‼️It’s a Lotus and the last of its kind. Six decent variations to choose from. Pick one and move on, if it was a Porsche it would invariably be Grey 🤐😉

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It would be nice if they could get a sample of the grey leather too…….

4 hours ago, Evotion said:

Agghhhh. Watched this and it reminded me of how Lotus could have played things out with the build and testing of Emira once it was launced.

Not the T.50 but I’ve got a factory appointment booked at Ultima for the end of November as a second viable option. An Ultima in orange with 650 HP and a lot less weight…………

• Like 1

Had one. Nothing like a lotus .  Very agricultural. 

spacer.png

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

10 hours ago, TomE said:

I agree and that was the initial indication from Lotus at the early roadshows. One factor in me choosing yellow!

From a conversation I overheard between two Lotus people I have a hunch some larger painted panels may already be in the works. 

Blue was my first choice but I am now tending towards yellow for the same reason - there will be fewer of them 🙂

• Gold FFM

Attention in a good or bad way?  I've had bright coloured cars but never one as stand-out as yellow, so curious what reactions you got.

14 hours ago, TomE said:

I find its the car as much as the colour... my Vantage was boring silver, but it got noticed and people were very polite letting you pull out etc... my 350Z was orange (I blame the ex!) and I got stared at in a way that made me uncomfortable at times. The Macan is gray again, and of course I get looked at like I'm a tw@t and no one ever lets you out at a junction... ain't Porsche's wonderful?!

I'm @ Bristol tomorrow - woohooo! - and will be hassling for painted cars / large panels or something better than a weird little bowl!

Edited by Mctaff
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
37 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

I find its the car as much as the colour... my Vantage was boring silver, but it got noticed and people were very polite letting you pull out etc... my 350Z was orange (I blame the ex!) and I got stared at in a way that made me uncomfortable at times. The Macan is gray again, and of course I get looked at like I'm a tw@t and no one ever lets you out at a junction... ain't Porsche's wonderful?!

I'm @ Bristol tomorrow - woohooo! - and will be hassling for painted cars / large panels or something better than a weird little bowl!

I know what you mean, I've usually got the polite treatment when driving any Lotus regardless of colour.  The same with Astons and McLarens.  Vintage Bentleys were the same, but not more modern ones.  I've seen people deliberately blocking Porsches and RS Audis from filtering in.

I wonder if there's also a link in people's minds between colour and marque, so that has a bearing too.  Non car enthusiasts will often say "nice Ferrari" to owners of a red Lotus and I suspect many people associate Porsches with silver or grey.  I guess yellow might suggest Lamborghini to a lot of people, although white and verde are their most common colours.

My example is this - 2004 Exige S2 - Saffron yellow. Took my son to pick up some trainers he won in a raffle in Selfridges. Porsche's, Astons etc all around. Little yellow Lotus - I got more looks and pointing than probably all of those, and its always the same on road trips.

Is it the colour, or just they are not common - not sure - but I think any Emira in a bright colour will get the same reaction (no car types might think its a McLaren..)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mctaff said:

The Macan is gray again, and of course I get looked at like I'm a tw@t and no one ever lets you out at a junction

funny ours is blue and gets the same reaction, Mrs B was horrified when she first started driving it.

construction and property consultants : My company