Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 14 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

My Ardent red Evora got no end of positive attention; acknowledging waves and courteous road manners from other users. On the negative side it also attracted the young boy racers at traffic lights and often zooming up to sit 6" from the rear bumper flashing lights and generally being a #####.

My Agate grey Porsche ( yes, read old git) blends in well with our cloudy skies but gets ignored and left well alone😃.

Can't wait to see what happens with the Emira,🤞 it doesn't attract the plonkers.

• Like 2

Needed to change my viewing slot at dealers due to work conflict. Called dealer and was told unfortunately it had to be re arranged by lotus centrally.  So called Lotus to then be told no, it’s the dealer.  Informed them I had been told the opposite , so they kindly said they would call dealer and sort it and then phone me back.  Guess what, 2 days later and no calls. 

To then top it all, a day later I get a reminder email from Lotus regards my original booking, with instructions at end of email if I need to re schedule I should contact Lotus direct. 

Someone needs a damn kick up the arse at Lotus, they create so much confusion.  I give up lol. 

Edited by DJW
  • Sad 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Been in the lucky position to own two lotus cars in yellow and had nothing but pure amazement and love for both the cars from the general public. I am sure the Emira will look stunning in the same colour.

F747E642-8258-4E39-A5D2-453B746C5638.jpeg

3280FF64-18C7-49F1-B02F-3DB838F814B4.jpeg

Those both look fantastic. Love the Exige spirit. I think yellow with black roof and wheels has just become my top choice for the Emira 🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mayevora said:

I want one 👍😊

Thought you already had 1.

Easier to look round here in Exeter compared to the bun fight at Goodwood, am getting more accustomed to the rear view - which I think is not the greatest. Needs a rear wing, might wait for the gt4. Good to meet Scott from the factory, have had a number of emails about lotus history etc with him.  

Think the black roof and black tailgate make it too dark on top.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, freefall_junkie said:

Those both look fantastic. Love the Exige spirit. I think yellow with black roof and wheels has just become my top choice for the Emira 🙂

Welcome to the yellow and black club!  Seeing that Sprint also reminds me that if I get bored I could easily do that on the Emira with a wrap.  Any photoshop experts care to have a go? @Mickle?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

deposit getting withdrawn from the cayman GTS!

Nice move!  :)

You will not regret sitting in an  Emira looking at a Cayman but you would have regretted getting the Cayman and seeing an Emira.

12 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

green for me…

I originally always wanted green. It is nice pic of the bowl but that will be the best it ever looks. 

Still lovely. I bet I love it when I actually see a car in it.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

26 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

Knocked out by the car @ bristol

deposit getting withdrawn from the cayman GTS!

493CA075-7DC8-467B-AE56-BC72E9F8079C.jpeg

Nice one, I’m there 2pm tomorrow. Still seriously considering the Seneca blue as my Elise was Daytona and looked great just think to many will go for it? So considering Nimbus, although that will mean 3 versions of grey in our driveway 😖. I do already have a nice pearlescent green though 😊

• Like 1

I originally wanted green too, especially based on the rich, warm green that was shown in the configurator, which unfortunately looks nothing like the sample.  Your shot of the green is probably as good as it's going to get, and sadly it's nothing like the green of the configurator.  It has too much blue in it; too cold looking.

940315966_Greencomparison.thumb.png.831e7ecedf14f7b166e8408450f5fd68.png

I don’t think it’s cold in person. Deep and luxurious.

but definitely darker than the configurator render

F16A88DA-7562-443E-B500-4FF051880FD4.jpeg

C69BCE4C-0869-46D9-B071-04D4B824BDDF.png

Edited by Mctaff

That last "in the sun" pic of the green is the best one I've seen yet, thanks for sharing.  That gives me hope that the Dark Verdant will still be green enough.

I was very curious about the buttons on the steering wheel as well.  From the LOOK of them, being several different buttons combined onto what appears to be one solid piece of plastic would seem like a crap "feel".  I was hoping not since no one had yet mentioned it as a weak point.  Most everyone's response to the interior has been that the materials felt like good quality, but maybe none one futzed with the those 😉

• Like 1

I though the steering wheel buttons were really poor compared to the rest of the interior, but didn’t have chance to actually use them for anything other than a quick prod…

I went to the Bristol launch today. I have already seen the Emira at Goodwood and it was as amazing to behold as I remembered 😍.

I think I'll be going for Blue or Yellow with Red being the wildcard.

I spoke to one of the Lotus 'experts' and I have to say I was a little bit underwhelmed by the lack of knowledge he had. He was very friendly and tried to be helpful but he really couldn't answer even the most simple queries and he also gave me some questionable answers. Here are some of the examples of the questions and the responses I got, just incase anyone can help with any answers they've had for similar questions:

Did the grey Emira at Goodwood (that sounded amazing), have a GPF/OPF and would the production car sound the same?    He didn't know what a GPF/OPF was and thought I was talking about the car being tuned! He did say he'd driven the car on track at Hethel and that it sounded great and that sound was a fundamental consideration.

Is production still limited to 5000 units a year?  He said that they'd upped production to match the demand to be capable of building 60,000 units a year!! And yes, I did double check to make sure he didn't say 6000!

Are the seats the exact ones that will be in the production car (I found them rock solid with no support at all)? He said yes, and then when I told him what I thought of them he said 'actually they are not and that different foam and contours will be applied.'

How many deposits taken? Didn't know

What are the differences in the suspension options? Didn't know but said you'd want to wait for an upcoming GT car for track use and that the Emira is more of an everyday car!!

Has anyone else had these sorts of weird answers (unless they're not weird and I am😂)

2 hours ago, Mctaff said:

I don’t think it’s cold in person. Deep and luxurious.

but definitely darker than the configurator render

F16A88DA-7562-443E-B500-4FF051880FD4.jpeg

C69BCE4C-0869-46D9-B071-04D4B824BDDF.png

So it's HEAVILY angle dependent.  Of all the colors and pictures of color samples shown, it seems to be the one most affected by viewing angle and lighting.  I can't decide if that's good... or not.  I really hope they've got either an entire car, or some body panels painted in that color before I have to commit to my order because these small disks aren't doing enough; at least for the green.  Thank you for posting these!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Dommo said:

I went to the Bristol launch today. I have already seen the Emira at Goodwood and it was as amazing to behold as I remembered 😍.

I think I'll be going for Blue or Yellow with Red being the wildcard.

I spoke to one of the Lotus 'experts' and I have to say I was a little bit underwhelmed by the lack of knowledge he had. He was very friendly and tried to be helpful but he really couldn't answer even the most simple queries and he also gave me some questionable answers. Here are some of the examples of the questions and the responses I got, just incase anyone can help with any answers they've had for similar questions:

Did the grey Emira at Goodwood (that sounded amazing), have a GPF/OPF and would the production car sound the same?    He didn't know what a GPF/OPF was and thought I was talking about the car being tuned! He did say he'd driven the car on track at Hethel and that it sounded great and that sound was a fundamental consideration.

Is production still limited to 5000 units a year?  He said that they'd upped production to match the demand to be capable of building 60,000 units a year!! And yes, I did double check to make sure he didn't say 6000!

Are the seats the exact ones that will be in the production car (I found them rock solid with no support at all)? He said yes, and then when I told him what I thought of them he said 'actually they are not and that different foam and contours will be applied.'

How many deposits taken? Didn't know

What are the differences in the suspension options? Didn't know but said you'd want to wait for an upcoming GT car for track use and that the Emira is more of an everyday car!!

Has anyone else had these sorts of weird answers (unless they're not weird and I am😂)

Wow, those are really poor answers. A regular on these forums would know enough to give better responses than those.

If you haven’t already found the answers you need then I can point you in the right direction. In summary:

- no and mostly yes 

- under review

- no

- about 3000 UK

- one is road oriented and the other is stiffer and track focused, both use conventional spring/damper setups

• Like 1