Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Official Emira Pricing - Page 2 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Official Emira Pricing

Bibs

1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

Just to point this out before the motoring press does…

The absence of rear seats means the Emira is a Cayman rival and can’t pretend to straddle the gap between the Cayman and the 911 the way the Evora used to.

So whilst the Emira FE looks good value next to a base 911, the real comparison is with the rather well equipped Cayman GTS with a 4 litre flat six and 400bhp which is £10k less. (And a bloody sensational car).

Expect to see lots of head to heads between these two when Lotus release cars to the press. It’ll have to be bloody good to justify that £10k difference over a Porsche!

The base GTS is 10k lower, but that’s not a true price. Even just adding the multi-way seats increases the price by nearly £4K because you a interior leather pack aswell to get the same type of seat as in the Emira. 

The price on the Porsche website is also (to my knowledge) not the “on the road” price there are other fees that add up to about 2k.

I think the FE Emira price is quite attractive, but with the same setup as (presumably the 400) it will come down if the creature comforts and aesthetic are worth the price increase. 

• Like 1

Taking the wider picture into account, do you guys think that it could now be another 3 years until Lotus launches an uprated I4 AMG Emira?

You won’t be getting delivery of an own spec 360bhp I4 until mid 2023, so I don’t see them turning the wick up on that model to the current A45 400bhp until 2024 at the earliest. Maybe that would coincide with the end of the V6 and become the new flagship model until the electric only sports car takes over.

If my above thinking is correct, it could push some deposit holders towards a V6 now and maybe the uprated AMG I4 in 3 years time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freefall_junkie said:

my goodness it looks dull as ditchwater compared to the Emira

Just specified up my ideal Porsche Coxster GTS - £72,826 and actually, in my spec, I think it looks fine and dandy!  And I'm NOT a Porsche fan.

It also has one big advantage over the Emira - a softop!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

19 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Taking the wider picture into account, do you guys think that it could now be another 3 years until Lotus launches an uprated I4 AMG Emira?

You won’t be getting delivery of an own spec 360bhp I4 until mid 2023, so I don’t see them turning the wick up on that model to the current A45 400bhp until 2024 at the earliest. Maybe that would coincide with the end of the V6 and become the new flagship model until the electric only sports car takes over.

If my above thinking is correct, it could push some deposit holders towards a V6 now and maybe the uprated AMG I4 in 3 years time.

Your timeline for an uprated i4 sounds plausible to me.

Without even having to apply too much man-maths, I reckon a V6 FE is a low risk purchase. It looks like Emira demand will far outstrip supply for the first year of production at least, so residuals should be rock solid for anyone wanting to switch later on.

The Cayman GTS really is great. I love ours. I am pretty certain though the Emira will be at least as good dynamically and with those looks it is a definite winner. 
I now have to make the decision if we need two sports cars in the household☺️First world problems eh.. 

• Like 2

Is that including the Ohlins?

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Argh - between you and Dave @Hangar111 my wife will have to go another year without a Christmas present! A man needs to prioritise his spending...

• Like 2

The small print.

That's why I checked as I was about to bite your hand off!  👍

The small print.

39 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

I can't see any options for the Kef Stereo system.  The inside image does not have the Aluminium Key Speakers so is this an option or is it already loaded in just not on the online image?

The interior on the configurator is not great with regards to finer details, in the article it reads like the kef audio system is part of the FE. 

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-confirm-emira-pricing-fe-set-at-75995/amp/

• Like 1

Did anybody notice that some options have disappeared from the configurator. The stiched alcantara steering wheel with the strip at the top. And 2 alloy wheel options. Any others?

48 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

it is part of an upgrade package after that.

Are you sure because i read this like it was included “Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite navigation (in selected markets) are integrated into the Emira V6 First Edition, supported by Bluetooth and USB/12v sockets. The 10-channel/340W premium audio system has been developed in partnership with respected British brand KEF and includes DAB digital radio.”

Both right... it is part of an upgrade package BUT that upgrade package is part of the FE release :)

• Thanks 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and satellite navigation, Bluetooth and USB/12v sockets are not the same as a 10-channel/340W premium audio system.  Every car will come with the 10 inch display not every car will with the premium audio. for all I know the base sound system will be an unbranded/Alpine sourced 4 channel stereo

Edited by NedaSay

Every First Edition car comes with the KEF Stereo.

Ok, we can only actually confirm the V6 has it but we can safely assume (-95%) that the AMG i4 FE will also have it at launch.

After that, in 2023, there will only be base cars with naff the standard spec and no packs.

• Like 1

Lotus Emira page confirms Kef is in the First edition, phew. Also that is a new good view of the boot

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/model/emira/

EDIT: I've just caught up on the other thread which has all this information + more on it already

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/114271-emira-configurator-is-now-live/?page=3

image.thumb.png.b74108de4b929b40b81656d0772714cc.png

image.thumb.png.9727eb23ff5649fcc4f25a351d32b4c3.png

Edited by Emiralust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After playing with the configurator, particularly regarding the steering wheels, I noticed I could pick a stitched leather wheel when I selected an auto box but they disappeared when I went to manual. When I went bac again to auto, the options were there again. I dont know if this is a genuine configuration or if there are some slight glitches in the new configurator.

I for one cant see Lotus not offering the same steering wheels to manual drivers.....

Must be a  glitch, If they can do that then they would offer it on both.

I am still missing the stripe in the centre of the wheel! I want that :)