Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Official Emira Pricing - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Official Emira Pricing

Bibs

regular edition looks a proper poverty spec, although £77,664 for LE black pack is quite a hike over £60K base, unless part of that hike is a premium for the camry engine  

If the i4 LE comes in around £70K I will be very happy

Edited by simonb

Represents good value when you look at the spec, FE cars are fully loaded, very few cost options to add. Impressed things like forged diamond cut wheels are not extra also that all paints are the same price. Seneca blue must cost more than solid yellow! Don’t get why black pack should be £1200 but most colours look better without it anyway. I wouldn’t bother with any of the cost options personally. Would have liked to see some carbon and other ways to add some lightness but I guess that is to come.

• Like 1

That's a good price point and a good package for the V6 FE. Very nice.

Slightly disappointed to see it is being marketed at 400bhp and a 4.3s time for 0-60. So it's slightly less powerful, slightly slower, and a helluver lot less carbon than my current Evora.

Hmmm. It looks great, but I've never needed to be the first or have the latest, so I am honestly sat on the shelf. Cost to change for me will be around £25-30k and I'm really struggling to justify that. I could spend £10k on the KT460 pack, and the GT430 Ohlins and I'd have a rocketship performance wise and a very exclusive car at that.

I'm booked in to Parks (Lotus Hamilton) to see the car in October, I don't think I'll be in a position to decide anything until then, but it is by no means an assured "shoe-in" for me.

My next car, unfortunately, might NOT be a Lotus!  Nothing against the Emira. As I said above, great package, great price but I'm just not right now salivating with anticipation, probably because my Evora is so good! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

That's a good price point and a good package for the V6 FE. Very nice.

Slightly disappointed to see it is being marketed at 400bhp and a 4.3s time for 0-60. So it's slightly less powerful, slightly slower, and a helluver lot less carbon than my current Evora.

Hmmm. It looks great, but I've never needed to be the first or have the latest, so I am honestly sat on the shelf. Cost to change for me will be around £25-30k and I'm really struggling to justify that. I could spend £10k on the KT460 pack, and the GT430 Ohlins and I'd have a rocketship performance wise and a very exclusive car at that.

I'm booked in to Parks (Lotus Hamilton) to see the car in October, I don't think I'll be in a position to decide anything until then, but it is by no means an assured "shoe-in" for me.

My next car, unfortunately, might NOT be a Lotus!  Nothing against the Emira. As I said above, great package, great price but I'm just not right now salivating with anticipation, probably because my Evora is so good! :)

Weren't we expecting 416hp as stated by Matt Windle at Goodwood? I wonder if the engine is now tuned for a broader spread of torque. How does the Emira's 420Nm compare to the Evora 410?

And yes, Evora 410 + Komotec and Ohlins would be a keeper for sure.

1 minute ago, freefall_junkie said:

Weren't we expecting 416hp as stated by Matt Windle at Goodwood? I wonder if the engine is now tuned for a broader spread of torque. How does the Emira's 420Nm compare to the Evora 410?

And yes, Evora 410 + Komotec and Ohlins would be a keeper for sure.

So 410 is 410hp and 416ps (maybe this is what Matt was referring to) - so have they put the 400 engine tune in, not the 410 tune (unless I'm confusing myself). But then the 410 was 420nm of torque which is what is quoted for the Emira.  It's all a bit of a muddle but then I was never the sharpest nail in the packet.

Was also surprised the top speed of the Emira was 180mph, compared to 190mph for the 410 Sport.  Not that I'll ever get to that speed - but I'd have thought the Emira would have been more aerodynamic but maybe they have focused on downforce to aid real driving performance on road and track and sacrificed some slipperiness. That would make perfect sense to me as not many people get to 180mph even on a track - probably only ever on the Autobahn.....

3 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Fantastic price well done to the deposit holders you have bagged yourself a junior super car at a bargain price.

Yes and no - in looks yes, but in go, no.  Again, not trying to piss on the Emira Parade or on Lotus. The Emira looks great, but it just needs a bit more go for me as the V6. The figures are just a tad underwhelming - but then I am sure the drive will be superb. You can see the from my responses how the top of the fence is ripping holes in my butt! :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So 410 is 410hp and 416ps (maybe this is what Matt was referring to) - so have they put the 400 engine tune in, not the 410 tune (unless I'm confusing myself).

That makes sense, thanks. Not that anyone is likely to notice much difference between 400 and 410hp. On the couple of occasions I have driven a 410 I was too busy grinning like an idiot at the fantastic noise to care about the exact power output 🙂

• Love 1

1 minute ago, freefall_junkie said:

On the couple of occasions I have driven a 410 I was too busy grinning like an idiot at the fantastic noise to care about the exact power output

That happens to me EVERY time I drive my 410 - I think other drivers think I've just escaped from the local lunatic asylum - think The Joker driving a lotus!

• Haha 2

The small print.

Seems like there are a few things people are not happy about but overall this looks AMAZING.

I understand people wanting only a few options on the base spec and it is a shame that it not available at the same time (why not?) but the FE spec looks damn good to me.

The price is great. Starting to think two V6 cars is now the way to go  - ha.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So 410 is 410hp and 416ps (maybe this is what Matt was referring to) - so have they put the 400 engine tune in, not the 410 tune (unless I'm confusing myself). But then the 410 was 420nm of torque which is what is quoted for the Emira.  It's all a bit of a muddle but then I was never the sharpest nail in the packet.

Was also surprised the top speed of the Emira was 180mph, compared to 190mph for the 410 Sport.  Not that I'll ever get to that speed - but I'd have thought the Emira would have been more aerodynamic but maybe they have focused on downforce to aid real driving performance on road and track and sacrificed some slipperiness. That would make perfect sense to me as not many people get to 180mph even on a track - probably only ever on the Autobahn.....

Yes and no - in looks yes, but in go, no.  Again, not trying to piss on the Emira Parade or on Lotus. The Emira looks great, but it just needs a bit more go for me as the V6. The figures are just a tad underwhelming - but then I am sure the drive will be superb. You can see the from my responses how the top of the fence is ripping holes in my butt! :)

A year old 410sport owner here, is a a step above my current Evora? Having seen it in the flesh and had the pleasure to sit inside it i would say its a massive step in the right direction, will it be as fast as my Evora of course it will be  and it will probably handle better thats what lotus do best, as a ground up the new car its going to the best in its class by a country mile and make the Cayman a thing of the past. Sadly I don’t know where it leaves the used values of Evora 410s probably not in a good place when the Emira is coming in at this price point.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jcx said:

of 11 used Cayman GTS on autotrader, only 3 are less than £75k.  Porsche options are expensive.  A base price for a porsche is somewhat irrelevant

Spot on. I configured a Cayman GTS a few weeks back and my build was £76k, without the fancy stereo. Pricing is pretty close between the two. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

Expect to see lots of head to heads between these two when Lotus release cars to the press. It’ll have to be bloody good to justify that £10k difference over a Porsche!

Is that right, even in a similar spec?

I think I will take a Cayman GTS out - if only so I know.. or maybe I shouldn't.. in case it really is great. Ha. 

49 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

No question the latest Cayman GTS is a great sports car, but my goodness it looks dull as ditchwater compared to the Emira.

100% in agreement and Porsche will know this. They also know that they will always outsell the Emira but this still gives Porsche prospects a headache.

I'd 'hope' the UK motoring press hail the Emira as the best car by some mile and announce it to be the best car ever made but it never seems to go that way. It might be 5 months or more before anyone of note even drives the Emira. Mad world.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel