Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Official Emira Pricing - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Official Emira Pricing

Bibs

USA price guess

Base I4 MSRP $73,995  (straight conversion of base 60k pounds to dollars after taking out VAT tax and adding some shipping costs)
Base V6 MSRP $77,995

First Edition i4 MSRP $83,995
First Edition V6 MSRP $87,995

Plus tax
Plus Destination
Tag/title

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That would please a lot of the USA prospects as there was worry it will be over $100k for the V6 FE.

More difficult pricing as they have to compete with both the Cayman and the Corvette - in terms of cost.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

The Z06 certainly looks like it can fly “literally” Would like to see it in the flesh but far too many angles for my taste. 

15 hours ago, Mrandres6935 said:

CF97F5BD-C059-4A7C-8AFF-94B48B19764F.jpeg

Sorry, that really is ugly.  it does have presence though.

Sure, I would love one as well but I'd keep it hidden out of sight when not in use so others don't get frightened.

• Like 1

Well like always keeping saying the looks are what’s keeping a big portion of the customers for this car now I don’t believe I can drive the car from the outside I believe being inside the car and driving and pushing it is what makes it fun with a good ride to match now

if you sit outside the car all day and stroke it then sure if not beautiful car all show no go lol but hey what do we know in the USA I mean when we get in the ring we are ready to box 

Ps are prices are not so secret lol

You wonder where they've cut corners for the price they're offering it at. That interior doesn't exactly make up for not seeing the bodywork, and American interiors aren't exactly known for their refinement or build quality (in fact there are already people complaining about the interior quality of this very car). But if you want a very big engine with comparatively low specific output I bet this will be a good shout.

39 minutes ago, Mrandres6935 said:

f you sit outside the car all day and stroke it

That is indeed part of my daily plan :)

I think you would be surprised how close it would be on normal tracks between the 2 cars.

To be fair, a targe topped Corvette and the Emira coupe would be a darn cool garage.  I would love to have a much more accelerative Emra with a kickass, gut-wrenching 0-60, of course.

Plus, as I have mentioned before, I LOVE the S1 Corvette - and the missus is thinking about getting one. After that, corvettes have become awesomely fast beasts but have lost all their charm and looks. That is only my opinion of course.

2 hours ago, Mrandres6935 said:

but hey what do we know in the USA I mean when we get in the ring we are ready to box 

You’re not Deontay Wilder then!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13079851/deontay-wilder-tyson-fury-excuses/

• Haha 2

I believe they will be happy with that overall.

Below 100k was the hope.

Cue a load of V6 switchers.

• Like 1

Low 90s for the first edition they are certainly going to be very happy with that over the pond. 

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, what would be an example of US taxes? German price with tax (19%) for the V6 FE is +/- 97.500 euro (83500 pounds, 113.000 dollar). Can't imagine we have to pay so much more than the Americans. 🤔  Belgian tax is even 21%... 

Edit: Just did a Google => taxes on a car sale vary from 3 to 8 percent, depending on the state. 😳

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snorkel said:

Just out of curiosity, what would be an example of US taxes? German price with tax (19%) for the V6 FE is +/- 97.500 euro (83500 pounds, 113.000 dollar). Can't imagine we have to pay so much more than the Americans. 🤔  Belgian tax is even 21%... 

After a quick google, it looks as though it would be around 8k USD if you lived in California, which I believe is one of the more expensive states? 

8 minutes ago, Wake said:

Would assume that doesn’t include sales tax though? Which of course will vary from state to state 

Correct.  You need to add state sales tax (in almost all states) and dealer delivery which is $2,200 for Lotus.  I think they clearly targeted a drive away price of about US$100,000

1 minute ago, Wake said:

After a quick google, it looks as though it would be around 8k USD if you lived in California, which I believe is one of the more expensive states? 

Lucky people! And sunshine for free... 😅

So overall how does that compare to the price of the Corvette and Cayman, all in?

• Gold FFM

I think Lotus have pitched the US pricing about right compared to the Cayman variants if that's how it's looking.  Quite a few people on general forums comparing the FE Emira price with a bare Porsche so need to do a like for like spec.

• Like 1

Yep, had a quick play with Cayman GTS config and was up around £8k of options to get similar without taking into account the wheels on Emira FE may be more expensive than options on Cayman 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I also tried to spec up v Cayman and got over £10k additional 😖Did put the GTS interior package and the BOSE in as a match for KEF