Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update! - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!

Evotion

Which Emira are you NOW getting? Time for an update!  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM

And I highly doubt it will be of a concern in the Emira. If Mr. Button is to be believed, and I don't see why we wouldn't, the Emira is a step up.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would go straight to an Evora to check the dynamics suit me

That is a decent idea really, You know what to expect. in a way, as a Lotus owner.

Many have not experienced the Lotus ethos or handling prowess and the Evora is still the closest.

I went out in the Exige 410 Sport when I put the deposits down and that is nothing like the Emira, apart from the engine.  Amazing car.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, ramjet said:

I have to ask why people keep saying this regarding the Emira?

Lotus gave the car a completely different name. Lotus didn't call it the Evora S6 or anything like that. Bibs has said that the Emira and the Evora don't have any parts in common. Ok, the V6 and its associated gearbox choice are the same, but that's it. The I4 with a DCT box will not have any parts in common with the Evora, so where does the new frock thought come from?

Not having a crack at you Simon, but you are not the only person to have said similar on here.

To me, the Emira looks far more like a baby Evija than it does a 'refrocked' Evora.

I guess the Emira is more obviously an evolution (I said "evolution" Ade ;)) of the Evora than the Evora was an evolution of the Elise/Exige.

The Emira is similar overall size and wheelbase, aiming at a similar segment of the market, using the same engine.  Although the chassis is new we know it will be Evora-like in terms of handling.  Matt Windle described it as a step forward and Gav Kershaw said the handling is like an Evora turned up to 11.  The interior is a big step up but I guess most people are viewing it as bringing it in line with expectations in the segment rather than leapfrogging the competition.

Is it perhaps that people are thinking the Emira is the car the Evora could have been from the start?  Possibly, but I think that's unfair to the Evora team who operated under very different constraints to today to get a new car out in a limited timeframe.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2021 at 08:09, simonb said:

just putting the Evora in a new frock is not enough for me, drove one at launch and never really saw it as a must have 

however adding AMG into the mix does it for me

Like a Cygnet is to a Swan, the DNA may be the same but the end result is oh so different.

I do hope it is as good as it looks.

Although I had looked at later Evoras it was never with lust, the Emira is gorgeous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

But when out driving in my Evora and seeing my tenth Emira of the day, maybe, just maybe, it will give me a smile to know that I am sat in such an exclusive, capable, machine.

😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Lotus could have called the Emira the "Evora" - after all, Porsche has called the 911, the 911, since about 1066! But for whatever reason (in all seriousness probably to distance the Emira from the poor sales success of the Evora and to clean the sheet so to say) Lotus have decided this is NOT an Evora evolution but it is a NEW CAR.  Accept it and move on and enjoy either car for what they are or will be, sublime drivers machines.

This paragraph is what I’ve had in my head ready to blurt out in answer to some of the more rose-tinted comments made here over the last few weeks.

I’ve got an Evora and I’m getting an Emira V6.

It will be better in almost every way (apart from the, slightly disappointingly, very similar powertrain), but I’m not blind as to where it has evolved from.

• Like 2

Given you are a Macan GTS owner @KJD  how much thought did you give to the Cayman GTS when it first came out and now, faced off against an Emira?

17 hours ago, KJD said:

Porsche lent us a Cayman GTS for a couple of weeks when the Macan was getting the things they forgot attended to, and while it was very nice too, it’s just too mainstream for me.

Thanks. That was my impression. If anything, a bit too good as well without being spectacular. Darn well built though.  Perhaps I miss the ticks and rattles of my older classics :)

• Like 1

Hi all, on my configuration phonecall this morning I asked the Lady roughly what she thought the split was between people choosing V6 and i4 to which she reckoned it was about 60-70% of customers choosing the V6. She also said the majority of the earliest calls were V6. So the stats on here probably aren't that far off 👍

• Like 1

It was 50-50 and, as expected, people are moving to the V6 as it comes earlier and the price is great.

I also heard today that there will be no AMG i4 deliveries in 2022!!

The delays are a pity but I still love the thought of a DCT. I do 50K miles a year so my license is critical so “only” having 360HP probably isn’t a bad thing for me.

The wait will be difficult but I’ll be able to save up to pay for it without finance if there’s a delay. Small mercies. After seeing all the pics of the nimbus grey sample, I certainly won’t be pulling my deposit, the car just gets better and better.

My only worry is if they decide not to do a FE i4 and miss out on an FE altogether. Has anyone asked if this may happen? I wonder when an i4 demonstrator will be ready for test drives as it might just be before we get asked to order one now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

Edit: I wonder if Lotus are having problems with the AMG installation.

That is not an unreasonable assumption to be fair. Might need more time to get to perfect. Lotus will not rush things. They know they need to get this spot on. Timings will suffer. I can live with that.

1 hour ago, Nimbus-in-Notts said:

I wonder when an i4 demonstrator will be ready for test drives as it might just be before we get asked to order one now.

I am now not confident of that. 

Will Lotus pull out of an AMG i4 in First Edition?  Unlikely - it will cause some unrested unless both the FE spec and own-spec are allowed.

It was Scott ,. Head of Sales, that told me it was now January 2023.

Might be they are hoping to meet Autumn 2022 but 2023 is more realistic.

Still yet to get a call 😏 was originally going i4 but upon realising delay, thinking switch to V6. So I just specced up my choice and I’m just below £80k plus OTR if I go with the auto box (plus posh steering wheel), but it’s no DCT. Whats the view on taking the V6 in the auto version, is it a decent drive, i.e Evora 4xx or could it be a limiting factor on a resale?

Will be a great car.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Starting to lean towards the i4, just hoping there is no issue with the turbo in the rear and Lotus get the whole package sorted 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430