Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coil base plate,S4 1993.5 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Everything Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coil base plate,S4 1993.5

stevefh

Hi all, I have replaced the o/e coils with the MSD 8224, but what is inside the base plate and is there a replacement compatible with the MSD version. On the back of the base plate is.  

0H13   00022.   Thanks for any help.

• Gold FFM

I don't know exactly what is in the baseplate but as I recall there aren't any replacements available and the OE one is specific to the Esprit, so replacements are hard to come by. Given that and the fact it's a sealed unit of sorts, I didn't want to try taking it apart to investigate further when I fitted the 8224's to mine.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Just now, tomcattom said:

I don't know exactly what is in the baseplate but as I recall there aren't any replacements available and the OE one is specific to the Esprit, so replacements are hard to come by. Given that and the fact it's a sealed unit of sorts, I didn't want to try taking it apart to investigate further when I fitted the 8224's to mine.

It’s the DI Module. They are available from SJ. now.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Someone on here has posted some photos of the inside of the DI module on the forum quite some time ago, but can't find that thread at the moment.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• 2 months later...

Base plate is a GM AC Delco Ignition Module ,  D1927A

Other Part Number/Interchange Part Number:
LX345,10467214, 10499427, 10499794, D1911A, D1927A
Plenty on eBay!

Ignition Module

AC-Delco

D-1927A

Fits 1987 Chevy Beretta, Cavalier, Corsica 2.0L FI

LX345, DL1927 ign. module.jpg

MrDangerUS

From a post I made in October 2017, and the module I bought was a D1927A:-

The D.I. module remains a mystery, and there's a lot of different types out there. @sailorbob and I spent a long time trying to identify it, but unless he's had a eureka moment, or some good luck recently, from memory we only managed to decide which version it wasn't, rather than what it was. It could be Lotus-specific, but not sure. I even bought what we thought might be the correct version and fitted it, but while it worked perfectly, it triggered the CEL. From our research, that is what happens on every one of them, and as the originals are NLA from Lotus, they could be a problem in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.

The Lotus version of the above module has one extra signal coming out of it which is the engine speed. This is send to the ECU over pin B of the 6 pin connector which is the connection marked with "None" on the picture above.

• Like 2

Esprit Freak

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, fjmuurling said:

The Lotus version of the above module has one extra signal coming out of it which is the engine speed. This is send to the ECU over pin B of the 6 pin connector which is the connection marked with "None" on the picture above.

Has anyone looked at rerouting this signal from elsewhere? Is this just an rpm signal?

Only here once