Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 7 - Eletre Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

9 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

But the expected performance puts it well above most of the 'cheaper' ESUV's.

A cost of over £175k would hardly sell.   Can't be that special?

I’d want two plus change for that price😖

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Beyond those in Lotus circles, it will be interesting to see how this sells outside of China. I just cannot see a Chinese built luxury car being that well received elsewhere, unless they do the usual Chinese industry thing of drastically undercutting the competition to gain market share.

Uh Volvo XC90 is very premium and in T8 spec it is definitely a luxury product... did not seem to have a problem with the made in China seal. Polestars are chinese made and definitely access to luxury vehicle then again no problem I'd say.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Uh Volvo XC90 is very premium and in T8 spec it is definitely a luxury product... did not seem to have a problem with the made in China seal.

Erm, last time I looked the XC90 was still being made in Torslanda, which is NOT in China! I believe from next year a new plant will also make them in the USA.

I think it was 2014, iirc, that the "old" model XC90 was moved to a production facility in Daqing in China as the "XC - Classic" where it was being sold in China only.

I may be wrong though. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hum, must have been the  S/V90   and XC60... Point is Volvo can hardly be denied as a premium to luxury car maker with a good chunk on the production being from China while all engineering is still being undertaken in Sweden.  And there's no problem with quality perception with any model, even if some would like them to still be a thing. 

• Like 2

Volvo (pre Geely) built cars in Sweden and Belgium. This is still the case, with Belgium (Ghent) now making two of their full electric range XC40 and C40. The USA (South Carolina) and China (Chengdu) are both post Geely production/assembly plants primarily focussed on supplying their home and regional markets. 

Spoke to Hendy Exeter, they are not taking deposits, told them about the above in case they want to start, but I think the early dealer deposits for the Emira caused them extra work to do the refunds, and tell the factory about each deposit and when it was placed.

Surprised we haven’t seen another teaser, we had the 1st teaser 8th November followed by another four teasers by November 19th yet nearly six weeks later and still waiting for No. 6

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Those teasers only went up to the car being shown to a few invited people in China, (I take it our invites were lost in the post.) The next motor shows in China seem start around March, then a run of them during the next few months. Maybe they will choose to launch in China as their worldwide launch, ie not in Hethel.

But they did suggest a few more private showings before the real launch.

• Like 1

from a previous post etc,

announced that it will launch Type132's private tasting program in seven major cities in the world, including Guangzhou, Shanghai, and London,

• Like 1

I wonder what sort of people get invited?

Apart from @Bibs of course.

1 hour ago, DarrylV8 said:

Thanks Keith, a grey moment yes missed that point again 

Perhaps gt430 owners should all get an invite.

• Like 1

Why them over any other Lotus owner?

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not a serious suggestion but Darryl has put a deposit on a 132 and also has a gt430...and we were discussing who will get to see the new car at these previews.

• Haha 1

We are hoping the Type 132 takes on bmw iX - M60 which appears to have good range, power with AWD and it uses Lotus lightweighting principals 

Darryl & Sue

It's 2.4 tonnes! 

I've spent a lot of time with the IX producing training content for BMW and it's a huge, heavy car! Best thing about it was the Bower & Wilkins in the Ultimate, never driven a cinema before! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It's 2.4 tonnes!

I had to check that you were not talking about the 132..

The BMW has a huge price variation - up to £115k ish...And  is it going  to depreciate like other BMW's

Wow @Bibs 2.4T after composite/alloy panels used, I assume the weight is in the chassis/battery compartment? which hopefully the type 132 will use the alloy chassis with front/rear alloy subframes?

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/ix/356945/bmw-ix-m60-super-suv-storms-611bhp

Can we also assume the Type 132 will be smaller than the iX-M60 and therefore less weight with better range/performance?

I just need to stop day dreaming and wait for further teasers/more Lotus information??

Darryl & Sue

29 minutes ago, DarrylV8 said:

I just need to stop day dreaming and wait for further teasers/more Lotus information??

Think we do........