Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chinese Market AMG FE in Seneca Blue - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Chinese Market AMG FE in Seneca Blue

Eagle7

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I believe it was @Evotion who was talking to Matt who quite emphatically said the V6 in the Emira is the 416hp version.  At this point they're not going to be able to tell us exactly what the rated horsepower is going to be until it's finally certified as such.  I'm guessing that's why there's conflicting information and they're being so vague about it.  They may be aiming for an even higher number but don't want to say anything yet in case they can't get it to pass homologation.  If they're trying for 430 just as an example, and can't get it to pass, they may need to start detuning it slightly until it does pass.  So you can imagine if they had told everyone they were aiming at 430, but it winds up being 425 that passes homologation instead (for example), what kind of a huge stink there would be from people expecting it to be 430.  This way, since they've only ever officially published 400, if they manage to get 425 to pass (for example), then it's a big positive win instead of a big issue.

I'm expecting the V6 to be at least 416, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be more.

Yeah, a lot of us have always believed Lotus have been sandbagging.

There is no way the Emira will take as long as 4.5s to get to 60 MPH.

I truly hope it will be lighter, faster and more powerful than mentioned. 2 out of 3 will satisfy me.

The 416 moment in the video:

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

8 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

So, what chance the i4 FE will have 400hp and 480nm in the UK? Have Lotus ever said definitively that the UK i4FE would have only 360hp? Personally I would still want the V6 for the noise and manual box, but I suspect quite a few people with their name down for a V6 would think twice if a 400hp i4 FE was coming. 

I have asked Lotus customer care directly and received an email response that specifically states the i4FE will be 360HP, so the big question is WHY???

Seeing as I’m buying an auto, a V6 auto would pretty much off limits as the residuals would be rubbish if there was a 400HP with DCT and a lot more torque, with the ability to boost HP after the warranty runs out. The auto box with the V6 is at its limit so can’t go any higher.

Its about time Lotus started opening up about the i4FE everywhere else and giving accurate information. If it’s not available as a 400HP AMG unit, give us a good enough reason why it’s okay for the Chinese market but not here. That can only be for marketing reasons to get V6 sales. Not good enough “New Lotus”

Im really not far from pulling the plug as I’m struggling to find any transparency or reason to trust them right now.

11 hours ago, Evotion said:

Re: the China HP increase.

I assume they have less stringent CO2 regs than the UK which is why we have 368HP and they are nudging 400 (if true).  Then again, they are saying that non-FE versions will be back to the lower figure so that makes no sense.

In which case why doesn't Lotus UK make it 400 for the FE and then drop it back for the mass sales - maybe it will - as I said, these things are not locked in yet, not really.

I don’t see how Lotus can’t give us the 400HP being down to CO2, it’s not a problem in the Mercedes after all, and they have even higher HP versions in the pipeline.

I really think this is all about marketing to keep long term sales going with updates, to the detriment of early depositors wanting a DCT. Giving the Chinese the 400HP makes their reasons for giving us 360 in launch i4 FE spec utter twaddle. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Evotion said:

An Audi TT S dispatches 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds; I sincerely hope that even a base AMG-powered Emira can top, or at the very least match, that. The LE V6 Emira costs a good £30,000 more than a new TT S, so you'd hope that it would blow it away under most conditions/in most situations.

6 hours ago, Bee said:

An Audi TT S dispatches 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds; I sincerely hope that even a base AMG-powered Emira can top, or at the very least match, that. The LE V6 Emira costs a good £30,000 more than a new TT S, so you'd hope that it would blow it away under most conditions/in most situations.

The Emira will always look faster even if it turns out not to be in reality……

I don’t think it will blow it away but will probably be fractionally quicker.

Even on track you only have one standing start (depending on the series format and possibility of pitstops), I'd say 20-80 is far more important. The launch controlled AWD DCT might be (just) faster of the line, but that certainly doesn't guarantee a faster lap.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

0-60 means little in the grand scheme of things - absolutely.

However, it is the measure by which others judge cars the most, top speed now being even more silly. I agree that the motoring press should have promoted something like a second to 4th gear measure.

Still, the speed at which a car accelerates is still a thrill. I;d much rather the Emira was low 3.x seconds so I can feel more of that punch.  
Anyway, not stopping me getting it as it will be about the bends for me.

On 19/11/2021 at 09:44, Evotion said:

Yeah, a lot of us have always believed Lotus have been sandbagging.

I truly hope it will be lighter, faster and more powerful than mentioned. 2 out of 3 will satisfy me.

The 416 moment in the video:

I feel this way too. I have a deposit on the I4. Motor trend has the CLA 45 (382hp M139) at 4.0 0-60, and it weighs ~650lbs more. Sure it has AWD, but this isn’t an overpowered car and at least the sports suspension config will have same/similar launch control with the DCT. It’s hard to imagine that it the Emira doesn’t get a journalist hero run in the threes for print. We all know that 0-60 times are grossly over emphasized, but I don’t want to to be an outlier in the class, given how quick and powerful cars are these days. 

I also think that the stated 360hp is purely for marketing purposes of the V6. I have a hard time believing that Lotus will take the M139 out of the box and make the functional/usable torque curve worse. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 00:46, TomE said:

No doubt they'll do a 430 variant with carbon components in 2-3 years time before it gets killed off.  As the lighter and more powerful, very last manual V6 the Emira GT430 may be the really collectable version

I really do not think it will be a GT430 version. It will be 450 minimum, and likely 460. Lotus have already mentioned that the V6 is reliable at 450 with no further engine work needed. Also, I believe if we stick to the naming conventions previously mentioned it will be something like the Emira 460R.  "CUP" I have not seen mentioned as a moniker for an Emira by lotus to date. Now, that would be a car, V6 or I4, and especially with some carbon bling, that I would love to own. Also would give me three years to save the cash to buy one. A nice Fire Red Emira 460R to sit next to my Fire Red Evora 410 Sport.  I'd be happy.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 22/11/2021 at 09:29, Evotion said:

0-60 means little in the grand scheme of things - absolutely.

On a UK public road, you'd struggle to put significant daylight between a 0-60 in 3.8s to a Fiat Arbarth at 6.5 to 60mph before getting to the point of either losing your license, killing yourself, or killing someone else.  On a drag strip, yup, a different kettle of fish but how fooking boring is that?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Also, most of us will be keen to look after the clutch and will have a manual V6 so 0-60s will be pretty dire.  I was well impressed with the mid-range in the Exige and pushing the gas pedal in full at certain revs was exhilaratingly scary. The Emira won't quite have that but there will be a push and the feedback from the Sports  - cough - suspension will make it feel even faster.