Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira EU Roadshow - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira EU Roadshow

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 minutes ago, JJ said:

A)   I thought he said 29 preorders for NL ? Maybe I misheard.

B)   "In spite of previous announcements"... The e-mails from Lotus clearly stated you could sit in it?

Thanks.........

Ref A)......... Mr. v.d. Kooi is a kind of born "showmaster".

The number of 20 came today from a (very reliable) source........and free from the "exaggeration" that (forgivably) the proud owner (of course) could handle .........who can check him?

Ref B).......The announcement of v.d. Kooi himself said the day before:

.......Om teleurstelling tijdens het evenement te voorkomen: het prototype zal deze middag (goed zichtbaar) achter een lint staan, er kan dus niet in de auto worden gezeten of gereden........

......To avoid disappointment during the event: the prototype will be (highly visible) behind a ribbon this afternoon, so it is not possible to sit or drive in the car........

https://www.facebook.com/events/561878871757874/

Ref B) If you came by during the afternoon it was behind a rope and untouchable, the evening event where we both went wasn't mentioned in that post. At least that's how I read it. Anyway, doesn't really matter now :)

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, JJ said:

I thought he said 29 preorders for NL ? Maybe I misheard.

"In spite of previous announcements"... The e-mails from Lotus clearly stated you could sit in it?

Interesting tidbit: one of the dealers (I think the owner's son?) said tuning the V6 to 460HP should be doable without (significant) mods and beyond 500HP with, and the i4 should be able to ultimately go past 500HP as well. Though not advised until out of warranty... 😂 And way beyond my talents, anyway.

Girlfriend does not like the blue (oh no!). I myself am still concerned about luggage for flights and road-trips. The storage behind the seats is significantly less than I expected from the numbers, and the trunk is (apparently, can't see through the batteries) extremely shallow.

And I'm no closer to deciding between I4 and V6 😂 Or tour vs sport...

Storage behind the seats seemed reasonable to me.  With the seat adjusted for a 6 foot driver it was 20cm deep and for me at 5'9" it was 30cm, so room for a couple of cabin bags.  The trunk depth is similar to the Evora, if that helps.

emira trunk.JPG

• Like 1

My issue is, I want to use this as a daily. I don't have room for three cars (gf's + Emira + backup). Probably a third of my driving is to/from the airport and road-trips. For the latter we can take however many odd-sized bags and I don't really expect that to be a problem, but for flights, we do need to bring two large suitcases (soft-ish) and two small backpacks (which can probably fit wherever). 

Large flight suitcases are 65/80x50x25cm (25.5/31.5x20x10") if not overstuffed. Not even one will fit in the trunk it seems, so both have to go behind the seats. But I don't think they'll fit there either 🤷‍♂️ I can get different bags of course, but the volume needs to be similar.

Or maybe I just need to buy a mansion so I have room for more cars 😂 But the less I use the Emira, the less justification I have for getting it. Cars are meant to be used, not sit in garages.

On 13/11/2021 at 22:06, JJ said:

Interesting tidbit: one of the dealers (I think the owner's son?) said tuning the V6 to 460HP should be doable without (significant) mods and beyond 500HP with, and the i4 should be able to ultimately go past 500HP as well. Though not advised until out of warranty... 😂 And way beyond my talents, anyway.

I think the issue with the V6 is more the gearbox bolted to it for that sort of power.  The (exige based) Radford Europa changes to a DSG I think for higher powered alternatives, but on a price point much higher than this car.  AMG tuners have some pretty racy options for the CLA45S already, so suspect that box will not be a limiting factor

Looking at this skeleton drawing that was in the pictures thread the i4 (green colour) and v6 (tan colour) seem to be positioned in more or less the same space. The v6 has the supercharger sat on top.

The extra space created by the moved bulkhead is probably due to thermal management as mentioned by @TomE and in other threads.

image.png.7ecbf817ac3de6aa6ddbabc049585c7d.png