Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery schedule - Page 3 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery schedule

Abgreenbank

Having test driven an Evora GT410 this week, the one thing I’d like to see before commitment (along with colours in the flesh, but more important) is the final production seat height. Thought the GT410 was a cracking car but for me the seats were too high, with my eyeline at the top of the windscreen. I understand this is a common complaint and Jamie at B&C was confident the Emira seats are set a few cm lower and will be ok for anyone up to 6”5. But then, have read elsewhere that it will be similar to the GT410, which would be a problem for me and I’m only 6”1 (albeit not long legs). Apologies off topic but any insight from people here?

I am extremely disappointed with the delivery schedule. Apparently the Netherlands has been allocated only 4 V6's for 2022, two of which are demo models for the dealer. Being third or fourth in line for the V6 here, "sometime early 2023" is the expected delivery date.

That's at least 6 months later than I had hoped. I imagine the I4 is not going to be any sooner. Pfff....

For the showcar tour DC wheels were unavailable from manufacturer, they were milled from billet aluminium and painted by Lotus so we can’t rely on those to be accurate, but they looked incredibly good. I agree leaving changes to last minute that might affect the build queue priorities is a bit of a pain. 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2021 at 14:59, E1M2I3R4A said:

Having test driven an Evora GT410 this week, the one thing I’d like to see before commitment (along with colours in the flesh, but more important) is the final production seat height. Thought the GT410 was a cracking car but for me the seats were too high, with my eyeline at the top of the windscreen. I understand this is a common complaint and Jamie at B&C was confident the Emira seats are set a few cm lower and will be ok for anyone up to 6”5. But then, have read elsewhere that it will be similar to the GT410, which would be a problem for me and I’m only 6”1 (albeit not long legs). Apologies off topic but any insight from people here?

I share exactly your concerns about the seat height. The GT410 seats were too high for me, and the ones in the blue Emira roadshow car were even worse.  I posted this in another thread, but in case you didn't see it I asked Lotus customer services about the production Emira seats, and after a lengthy wait while they consulted the engineering bods this is what they came back with:

• The production spec seat will have revised side bolster offering increased support.
  • The show car seat is fairly firm compared to the production intent.
  • The show car seat is set too high and will be up to 20mm lower in the production car.
  • The relative H point for the production spec seat in the Emira will be the same as the Evora GT410 Sparco seat in its low position.
  • The seating position has been designed to accommodate 5th to 95th percentile drivers.

So, not very encouraging if they won't go lower than the Evora 410 Sparcos and it kinda contradicts what Jamie told you. Seems bizarre to me to have height adjustable seats in a sports car and not enable them to go good and low. I am already contemplating the possibility of having to bin the seats for after market ones, which is pretty crazy really on a near £80k car and would no doubt get into a world of pain with fault codes due to the standard seat airbag and sensors being disconnected.

The one ray of light is that if you look at the many picture of JB in the grey launch car he does seem to be low in the car (he's 6ft). So too does Gavan in the recent vid, although I don't know how tall he is. So, maybe, just maybe the prod seats will be ok.  Fingers crossed. 

14 hours ago, Scrute said:

For the showcar tour DC wheels were unavailable from manufacturer, they were milled from billet aluminium and painted by Lotus so we can’t rely on those to be accurate, but they looked incredibly good. I agree leaving changes to last minute that might affect the build queue priorities is a bit of a pain. 

Ah right that settles that for me then thank you, i wouldn’t have been happy if i went to collect the car expecting those nice diamond cuts on the show car and got what look like knock offs on the Chinese car

Reclining the seat will make a difference. One should be able to recline it a bit and not lose the right grip on the wheel. If you are 6 foot plus AND like an upright seat then you are stuffed.

I do get that you should not have to compromise on what you feel is the perfect set-up but it would not surprise me if it ends up being better than feared.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I have always found the 400/410 seats too high compared to the Recaros. As above, I found I was looking through the top of the screen. However the seats in the blue Emira were more like the Recaos height wise.

Gav

• Gold FFM
On 31/12/2021 at 10:21, R8 said:

June delivery that’s really disappointing- don’t think I can wait that long I’ve been without a car for 10 months now. 

It was originally going to be late April/early May for the first UK cars, so it's only a few weeks later.  I gather they're starting customer deliveries slightly later but will be ramping up much quicker.  So if you were previously expecting delivery in Aug/Sept you'll probably still get it then.  More info on timings is due in the next few weeks.

Not sure when mine is due I haven’t had a call. I did first deposit 11th July and 3rd deposit early November. But I definitely want a test ride and to see it in the flesh before I fully commit, as if I’m disappointed with performance I’ll be buying something else 

1 hour ago, TomE said:

It was originally going to be late April/early May for the first UK cars, so it's only a few weeks later.  I gather they're starting customer deliveries slightly later but will be ramping up much quicker.  So if you were previously expecting delivery in Aug/Sept you'll probably still get it then.  More info on timings is due in the next few weeks.

Well we should get it "this year", which sounds better than it did yesterday. Our order was slightly later in the list as our dealer didn't get back to us for a week, we paid the initial deposit on the 13th July and the 2nd in October. We still want to see the cars in the other FE colours although the red we have specified is unlikely to change. Hoping the process starts to accelerate once the holidays are over, still excited here 🤩

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, R8 said:

Not sure when mine is due I haven’t had a call. I did first deposit 11th July and 3rd deposit early November. But I definitely want a test ride and to see it in the flesh before I fully commit, as if I’m disappointed with performance I’ll be buying something else 

OK, 11 July deposit is some way down the list - the peak of deposits were placed after the reveal and at Goodwood 8-11 July, where they took about 500 per day.  So realistically you’re probably looking at late Q3/early Q4 and certainly not June.

If you wait for a test drive before committing then you may have to slip delivery later. 

20 hours ago, R8 said:

In terms of performance, go drive an Evora, it will be very similar

On 01/01/2022 at 17:47, R8 said:

as if I’m disappointed with performance I’ll be buying something else 

Well, we know it won;t be a 0-60 hooligan though I suspect it will be better than mentioned by Lotus.

The dynamic performance will be supreme.

I know what you mean though. I love that feeling of being pushed back in the seat (or holding on for grim death on a fast motorcycle) but this Emira is NOT that...  We know this. I have accepted it and will love the Emira for what it is.

• Gold FFM

I've been keeping an eye on it and before Christmas it looked like calls had been made to people up to mid 8 July deposits, so day 1 of Goodwood.  I've not heard of anyone with a 9 July or later deposit having a call yet.  Calls have re-started after the Christmas break but I've not seen anyone posting about a Jan call yet.

I think everyone for June delivery has been contacted, so next batch of calls will be the July batch.  My rough guess is each day of Goodwood translates to a month of deliveries, so Sun 11 July = Sept.  The update from Lotus later this month to everyone should clarify.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Lotus aren’t now asking for a 3rd deposit and will allow cancellation up until 30 days before delivery when the balance is due.

So press reviews and dealer demos will be available before the June people have to pay.  They won’t be able to change spec after (I think) end of Jan, but at least have peace of mind they can pull out if reviews/drives are terrible.

I’ve not had it confirmed the no 3rd deposit and 30 days will also apply beyond the June batch, but that’s my assumption. 

my deposit was first thing on the 8th, and I've heard nothing yet. Hopefully next week.

conversely, I'm rather hoping I might see a real verdant green car before I get the call in case I have a last minute rash change to hethel yellow.. 

big birthday in august, so fingers crossed it arrives beforehand!

• Like 2

I'm hoping I don;t see a Verdant Green!! I can't deal with another change of heart. :wallbash:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mctaff said:

my deposit was first thing on the 8th, and I've heard nothing yet. Hopefully next week.

conversely, I'm rather hoping I might see a real verdant green car before I get the call in case I have a last minute rash change to hethel yellow.. 

big birthday in august, so fingers crossed it arrives beforehand!

Also waiting to see green in the wild, as well as the production interior in other colors. Namely tan.  And while we’re at it, production wheels. Unclear if the diamond cut wheels have a gloss or flat finish. 

Excited nonetheless!