Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Clean V8 SE - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Clean V8 SE

Tex

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One thing that would worry me is that it only done 66 miles since being serviced in 2016 - presumably the MOT station and back.

15 hours ago, Tex said:

Looking to go and view this V8, looks a clean example, albeit pricey 

Looks very nice, although it is expensive they don't make them anymore & looked after the price is only going one way. Go for it :driving:

Cheers,

John W

9 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

One thing that would worry me is that it only done 66 miles since being serviced in 2016 - presumably the MOT station and back.

Indeed, I would prefer one that was at least driven a couple of times a year. That way you have a better chance things not only look nice but actually work. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Car seems very clean but no mileage in 5 yrs is concerning and  I imagine unless it has been stored correctly will be hiding some expense required.

Interior looks refurbed but perhaps not  to original spec and exhaust doesn’t seem right.

• Gold FFM
On 24/12/2021 at 20:42, cweeden said:

However, shouldn't it have a centre exit exhaust? 🤨

I don’t think it’s a final edition car so the exhaust is correct iirc.

1 hour ago, Tex said:

Car seems very clean but no mileage in 5 yrs is concerning and  I imagine unless it has been stored correctly will be hiding some expense required.

That would worry me - but it does look lovely. A very quick glance at them low slung turbos and the suspension would tell you all you need to know. Let’s hope the “serviced prior to collection” would include a full cam belt, tensioners and all the fluids.

looks a stunning car.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2021 at 13:26, Barrykearley said:

I don’t think it’s a final edition car so the exhaust is correct iirc.

That would worry me - but it does look lovely. A very quick glance at them low slung turbos and the suspension would tell you all you need to know. Let’s hope the “serviced prior to collection” would include a full cam belt, tensioners and all the fluids.

looks a stunning car.

Need to get over to view it in the next week 

The laser blue car isn't in the official last 15 according to my records (compiled by Lucas Reynolds) as they were all 2003 plates (ie reg after 1-3-2003) and the one being offered is a "52" car. 

Fyi my sequence is simply based on the UK final 15 chassis nos (between 10501 and 10523)

Thanks for the info about the exhaust. Looking at the Kett Hall delivery video, it looks like at least some of those had centre exhaust from new but not sure it was standard (Dan Collins told me he requested his, but then he had a lot of non-standard mods! pictured))

esp_rearw.jpg

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

To be clear, the order of the 15 I referred to (not official) was simply from first to last chassis no with 15th being the last (Dan C's - now in Japan), so it's not based on delivery or registration date

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Good information and thanks for sharing.

Important points for me are if it has had any original parts changed  unless they are Lotus.

Not had a chance to view it yet however.

This seems to be the same car being advertised for sale in around 2014 with just one keeper and 13,250 miles. In the latest pics, the Queen's Awards for Enterprise "E" is no longer on the filler cover though.

https://shmooautomotive.co.uk/product/lotus-esprit-v8-twin-turbo/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jack Stone said:

This seems to be the same car being advertised for sale in around 2014 with just one keeper and 13,250 miles. In the latest pics, the Queen's Awards for Enterprise "E" is no longer on the filler cover though.

https://shmooautomotive.co.uk/product/lotus-esprit-v8-twin-turbo/

Seats look different also 

Weird because if you check the MoT history details for the V8 in the old advert (LOT429R) it seems to tally with the details listed for the V8 in the ebay ad.

• 2 weeks later...

Viewed car this week, 

Overall in good condition, however has had some frontal touch up and the seats refurbed. Carpets need some attention.

No opportunity yet to check the mechanics etc but will see where this goes. My Main concern is the length of time it has spent stored and the  issues that may arise, however still an interesting potential addition to my garage.

Edited by Tex
Mistakes
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Same car?

Who's doing the work?