Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
You know when you are obsessed with the Emira when... - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

You know when you are obsessed with the Emira when...

Evotion

Every red car I see on the street or parked up, or on TV, I say to myself:

"AH, I wonder if that what is the Magma Red Emira looks like" and even consider taking a picture.

I do this daily. 🤪

6.thumb.jpg.3764418e4b3e272e042b16eac9af9c31.jpg5.jpg.ca087690808d3c3ece96a0fae30e8acf.jpg4.jpg.439741fd228f58f0b8e1e0c826c0c116.jpg3.thumb.jpg.db2cc3ea1bbac74e920c3a4a9ca30b4b.jpg2.jpg.fbc54b916f7ac1a4d5107e2b433dbc02.jpg1.jpg.19830d1050307afcc00c2006b108639f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah, I see a lot of different cars in something similar. Sometimes it annoys me :)

Then I remind myself that, in the shape of the Emira, it is going to blow our socks off.

Yellows, pastel blues and dark greens are rarer so don't both with them.

40 minutes ago, Evotion said:

AH, I wonder if that what is the Magma Red Emira looks like"

Having held the sample in outside light I can tell you it is very, very, close to Fire Red. Stop your wandering and look at Fire Red Lotus and you will be 98% there. It has a very similar, if not the same, metallic flake in it.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ha, I think I was the first person to actually show the disc against a Fire Red Evora but it doesn't stop me wondering about red cars. What I have not seen is a Fire Red Lotus moving and how it changes.

I have accepted it will be dark - I already have plans to, er, lift it somewhat.

Ha, well, how spooky. 

My father has just turned up in a metallic red Citroen courtesy car whilst he awaits for a seatbelt part to be fitted to his new Abarth, topass its MOT. (he liked mine so much, he bought his own - he has waited 3 weeks for the part to come in!)

You can guess my first thought. :)

1764499808_20220112_132423(1).jpg.d9f00f9b910a941fcb4b70f863d6be7c.jpg

2142722395_20220112_132510(1).jpg.3080c9ef7add86806b15b4cc0b127deb.jpg

Taken last month.

20211213_144046.jpg.c1a6066cfadd5004301ea2e7c9e3ba4f.jpg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Having held the sample in outside light I can tell you it is very, very, close to Fire Red. Stop your wandering and look at Fire Red Lotus and you will be 98% there. It has a very similar, if not the same, metallic flake in it.

I thought Magma Red had more of a silver flake through it while Fire Red as we know has a more gold fleck though it. Regardless an Emira in Magma Red will be a great choice!😎👏🏻👏🏻

When I held the sample outside @stephenwhyte I am sure the flake i saw was gold :)  But then I am getting old and my eye balls aren't like they were....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I was told at Goodwood the Magma Red is a three layer paint (same approach Mazda uses for Soul Red). Not sure Fire Red is.  
If you look at the photos of the production line in this weeks Autocar, there are white bodies and some red ones that look brighter than than the reds we have seen so far (to my aging eyeballs at least).

• Gold FFM

You're right, the cars on the production line in the article aren't First Edition colours.

The Magma Red sample had a gold fleck:

IMG_7608.JPG

Yeah, have always loved that Mazda red.

I suspect the Emira red will feel warmer, classier, richer.

In the flesh I have every confidence it will be sensational.

I am far more worried about coming across a Verdant Green Emira later on and feeling regret I didn't get it!

• Gold FFM

Answer to question?

When your name is dEvotion. (see what I did there?)

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Driving down the motorway i`m constantly chatting with the wife and daughter about colours and what they think on other cars :)

Still going for the blue at the moment as i we all think other cars will see us. Don`t trust a lot of other people with a grey car they won`t be able to see easily!!

Oh yeah, my missus had enough of my spontaneous outburts in the car when were out.

She calls it Car Tourette's.

I feel compelled to shout out things like:

"Ferrari"

"Lamborghini"

"Lotus"

"That's like the Emira red"

"Motorbike"

Occasionally, if I am really being triggered then I might come out with lesser objects such as:

"Poirsche"

• Haha 1

I remember this old family friend taking us to the Silverstone Classic. “Oh look there’s a TR” he said, as we drove along the A43. My brother and I looked across expecting to see a Triumph sports car, only to realise that he meant a Testa Rossa. Classic British understatement.

Ha,. I saw one yesterday! AT GVE in Uxbridge. Love it and the salesman preferred over a lot of the other exotics there.  It was actually a 512 TR.

Also there was an Enzo signed by Schumacher in the cockpit and a snip at £2mil. I even sat in it. Awesome, awesome car.

On 12/01/2022 at 16:23, stephenwhyte said:

I did the same - maybe we both see what we want to see!😂😉

I was in seeing Laura at Parks yesterday before she leaves for pastures new and she was saying that they are expecting the definitive paint samples soon as the 6 samples were all maybe a bit on the dark side. (Don't shoot the messenger😇). Having missed the show car's tour that was the first time I'd actually seen the colours for real and not on line.  Just confirmed I'm glad I didn't go for a LE based purely on the colour choice.  

My mind is made up and I'm not changing that, although ................ maybe if that red was a bit lighter then............😆. No!  My mind is made up. I think 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 13/01/2022 at 12:05, Evotion said:

I am far more worried about coming across a Verdant Green Emira later on and feeling regret I didn't get it!

But I'm also concerned that it will just be too dark to tell it is even green at all! If it was Racing Green I would already know what I wanted!

• Gold FFM

What does the Verdant Green look like in bright sunlight? Still really dark? It does look nice on the configurator.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)