Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 32 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

@DanRA few days after the bridge was partially destroyed there was speculation that it was Russia’s own doing.

It appeared to have been carefully planned not to cause too much damage so that it could be partially reopened within 24 hours. Plus of course it gave Putin the excuse he was looking for as a reason to escalate the war in the way that he has since.

What I find amazing is that Putin, his ministers and the Kremlin invent so many lies and become convinced by their own lies that the lies quickly turn into reality in their heads.

Reports here  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63192757

says ...

But close examination of the footage seems to show that the truck had nothing to do with the explosion.

and

"I've seen plenty of large vehicle-borne IEDs [improvised explosive devices] in my time," a former British army explosives expert told me. "This does not look like one."

A more plausible explanation, he said, is a massive explosion below the bridge - probably delivered using some kind of clandestine maritime drone.

"Bridges are generally designed to resist downwards loads on the deck and a certain amount of side loading from the wind," he said. "They are not generally engineered to resist upward loads. I think this fact was exploited in the Ukrainian attack."

Some observers have noted that in one of the other security camera videos, something that looks like the bow wave of a small boat appears next to one of the bridge supports, a split second before the explosion.

• Gold FFM

How long can Ukraine keep this up?

Don’t get me wrong, I am super impressed by their commitment and bravery, but soldiers, experienced and trained, must be a finite resource?

I find it hard to believe that there hasn’t been some sort of coup in Russia. There has to be someone there with half a brain?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I’m sure there are many with at least half a brain - half a brain which is telling them to keep their head down and not makes waves or they, too, will disappear like so many before them. 

Or maybe like Neidermeyer in Animal House who was killed by him own troops in Vietnam.  Faithfully submitted by Senator Bluto B. Blutarski.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

So now the Kremlin has found a reason to stop allowing the export of much needed Ukrainian grain, feigning outrage that Ukraine has the audacity to attack their Black Sea fleet in Sevastopol.

What’s more they are claiming, without a shred of evidence, that British forces helped in the attack and furthermore were responsible for blowing up Nordstream 1 & 2 pipelines last month! If it wasn’t all so sad and serious, you could spend all day laughing at their claims. 

I think a suitable response would be to say listen, if British forces had been part responsible for the attacks on the fleet, you’d have more to complain about than just one mine sweeper receiving minor damage!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So Russia says they are pulling out of Kherson. They have moved people, there were reports of them holing up in homes and dressing as civilians. 
So is the plan to wait for Ukraine troops to advance and then blow up the Kakhovka dam and let nature do its thing?

On 10/11/2022 at 07:42, ramjet said:

So Russia says they are pulling out of Kherson. They have moved people, there were reports of them holing up in homes and dressing as civilians. 
So is the plan to wait for Ukraine troops to advance and then blow up the Kakhovka dam and let nature do its thing?

Or nuke it!!!

• Like 1

DanR

Kherson shouldn't flood if that happens as it is higher ground, it's the other side of the river (where the Russians will be) that will flood. It also may well drop the water level so that the canal carrying fresh water to Crimea might be left high and dry. I've seen a graphic of the potential flood - not sure where it is. ETA - here we go. I think this is based upon the contour lines.

In other news:

British security guard admits leaking secrets to Russia in spy case (yahoo.com)

It is said Smith was driven to spy by an intense hatred of his own country, and harboured desires to live in Russia or Ukraine.

I'd let him live his dream and send him to Russia rather than jail him here.

Kherson today

FhR6XY2XEAUAgi0?format=jpg&name=small

Also, not sure this has been seen since WW2, Would not like to be on the receiving end.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Jesus!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Multiple Russian missiles hit Polish village, several confirmed dead. NATO analysing data.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

WTF...This isn't good at all.  We need to isolate this miserable piece of garbage and take him out.  Put a $10 million dollar bounty on his head.  I'm sure there plenty of takers in Russia.  However, a full autopsy with DNA must be performed to confirm it's him.

Edited by bogle

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

When I saw this, I was reminded of a desperate Saddam Hussain firing  his scud missiles at Israel in order to stir up a complete sh1tstorm.  If these were Russian missiles,  and not Ukrainian, as Russia is suggesting, then what in hell's name is Putin up to?

I think he wants 2m NATO soldiers to say hello! They're completely denying it was them at the moment however I just read this...

However, a Polish journalist from Radio ZET who initially reported the explosions claimed they may have been caused by the remnants of Russian missiles shot down over Ukraine which simply landed on Polish soil.

Several defence researchers also claimed parts of the debris bore a resemblance to components of the S-300 air defence system employed in Ukraine, though no conclusive proof has yet been found. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Poland have said it's a 'Russian Made Missile' but also that both sides use them...

Ukraine has dismissed allegations that one of its missiles landed in Poland as a “conspiracy theory” and part of “Russian propaganda”.

Kyiv’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on Twitter: "Russia now promotes a conspiracy theory that it was allegedly a missile of Ukrainian air defence that fell on the territory of Poland. Which is not true. No one should buy Russian propaganda or amplify its messages.”

Denis Pushilin - the Russian-appointed head of the occupied Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine - earlier said reports that a Russian missile had landed in Poland were a “provocation” by Ukraine, and an attempt to “draw additional forces into the conflict”.

Poland has so far said “Russian-made missiles” were responsible, avoiding either party to the conflict. Both sides in the war have used Russian-made munitions.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Biden has said it is unlikely to have been the Russians and he should know

So he does spend some time awake in his chair then?

The small print.